Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

4.1

on 3/31/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i like the idea, packaging, and shade however i was disappointed with this product. it's $10 which is expensive for a gloss but then again physician's formula is on the more expensive side of drugstore makeup. The packaging is very cute with a tiny paint brush like brush and a very useful mirror on the side. the shade goes on clear and turns into a beautiful bright pink. That being said...the reasons i hate it. This is a very thick and sticky formula and thats the only way it will be long lasting, but i personally can't stand the stickiness. Also this has a veryyyyyyy glossy finish! its wayyyyyyyyy too shiny. i like the idea, but i dont like the formula and so its going back to cvs

I was looking for a soft peeling for my lips and the woman at the store told me this lip gloss is a peeling... (???) I couldn't believe this and I looked for some information on the internet. It is just a lip gloss and not a peeling. But she kept on saying it's a peeling. On the little mirror there's a plastic with "peel off" and I told here this means you have to take off the little plastic but she kept on saying "no, it means this lip gloss is a peeling". I didn't buy it also because of the color. I didn't like that pink color at all.

on 6/12/2012 9:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like the packaging more than the product.. but it is a fair clear pink lipgloss.

on 4/14/2012 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am not sure if I'm too pale, or what happened but I found this lip gloss to be way too bright for me, and I bought the light pink shade. I'd seen it on some blogs and was excited to try it, but I don't really go out enough (where I feel it would be the most appropriate on me) to justify the $10.

on 2/14/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

well lets see, I don't know if this is really PH powered or if it goes on clear and changes into the same color for everyone. How on earth would my PH change this to a neon pink? seriously??? I have never had such a bright color on my lips in my life, it just kept darkening and darkening. I tried it again before bed, that way I didn't have to walk around with this crap on my lips during the day in front of people. It once again made me a neon pink, and shockingly enough I woke up the next day with it STILL ON. I walked in the bathroom and turned for a quick peak in the mirror, took a double take and stopped and starred thinking (ohhhh $#*+) what lip anything holds up overnight???? I washed my face and washed my lips as well and it was STILL THERE. its not listed as a stain but just gloss but clearly this could pass for a stain. I tried rubbing it off with a towel and had alot of color transfer to the towel thought "YES, see ya", turned around and it was kinda gone then....darkening.....hello....ITS BACK!! "OH CRAP what am i gonna do?" last resort...the makeup remover, which for me is jojoba oil. Rubbed some oil off and finally it was gone. *sigh of relief* I don't think I will use this again, but I do love that it lights up, how cool is it to have a lip gloss that lights up, I am thinking of keeping it in my purse as I do lots of late night shopping trips and can never find my house key on my key chain in the dark when I get home, having this as a little night light might really help :-) so for that I do like it but as far as beauty goes, not so much!

I bought this lip gloss based on its packaging with the mirror on the side and the LED lights under the lid. The mirror is SO handy for touch ups or reapplying during the day! I haven't really used the lights but they'll be very convenient if in a dark place (ie you dont need to duck into a bathroom)
The lip gloss itself is a pleasantly surprise. It's pretty long-lasting (can last up to a few hours easily, even through eating/drinking), when the shine fades, the colour becomes a nice stain on your lips (which is surprisingly hard to get off, I found out one day when I was removing it, that could be a con if you dont want trouble removing your lip colour, but it kinda says something about its staying power).
It actually DOES changes colour. On me the colour was a little bit darker than in the tube (I have Pink). I think it also changes colour according to the weather/lighting, coz when I wore this on a summery sunny day it was a more purple fuchsia colour whereas on a overcast day it was more pink.
Not sticky, very moisturing. A little goes a long way, so I probably wouldn't be repurchasing this product anytime soon :)

on 9/26/2013 3:35:00 PM

Great gloss ^_^. Not sticky, pretty long lasting too as far as gloss goes. I like the brush, short bristles make for quick application and no fuss. What a bonus to find it lights up, i want to buy one for all my chicas. Oh, the natural is quite flattering on my olive skin and big lips. Thank you PF, your products rock!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This reminds me of a grown-up high-tech version of those old-school "mood" lipsticks that are whatever color in the tube (blue, green, yellow etc.) that supposedly turn into your perfect pink/red/whatever lipcolor as if by magic! This gloss does that too and looks a lot better in the process, all magic aside :) I waited until this week's $6 off everything PF sale at CVS so I picked this up for less than $4. NO way was I shelling out $9.99 on this just to satisfy my curiosity.

I knew the pink ones would both no doubt turn neon fuschia on me, so I opted for the Natural shade. It looks like a sheer peachy/coppery/pinky shade with light micro-shimmer in the tube but morphs into a warm, light to medium toned red gloss that leaves behind a red tint (lighter or darker, depending on how much you glop on, PH balanced or not. I think this is the key: how much you put on, the color of your lips normally, and the temperature of your skin). The Natural is actually quite flattering, surprisingly enough. It's not too bright nor is it fuschia like most of these (and their "mood changing" cousins) tended to be. As a gloss it's thick and long lasting, but not overly tacky-feeling on the lips. I can't discern a noticable smell or taste. The brush surprised me. I thought at first I got a bum or used one as the bristles are really short, like half the size of a normal lipbrush. They do the job, though.

The click-button switch to turn on the light is in the end of the wand, and it's a lot brighter than I expected, I figure if I ever lose my keys at night or in my Black Hole of a handbag, I'm set as long as this is with me. The mirror on the side of the tube is a nice touch and large enough to be useful, actually. I can't say I'd repurchase this because I think the "ooooh ahhhh" newness factor lasts all of five minutes. After that it's just a sheer warm peachy- red gloss (bear with me here, it's hard to describe and may be different on you) which leaves behind a nice clean warm red stain and doesn't dry out my lips. IMHO it's not worth the normal retail price but for less than five bucks it is a lot better than other gloss-to-lipstains (and just plain lipstains, for that matter) that I've tried. It's a fun and interesting little gizmo which works as well as one would expect but it's certainly not necessary. I'd go for the Natural color over either the two pinks anyday, especially if like me you are at all warm, tan or yellow-undertoned, as the Natural stays on the warm side of spectrum rather than veering off into the dreaded bright fuschialand cool side of the red spectrum. It's not the kind of color-change where your lips enter the room before you do :)

I just bought the Pink color and was a bit shocked by the intensity of the fusia shade--it is a bit brighter than what i normally wear. that said--i am loving the non-drying effects of this and the stain that is left after the gloss came off.
overall--i am very pleased and would love more colors!

on 11/21/2012 1:45:00 PM

I got this as a free product when I got the blush. I had wanted to try it but was reluctant to pay for something I wasn't sure about, but as it was free, it was a no-brainer. First off, I don't normally wear gloss, but wanted something that was not too obvious to use during winter to keep my lips moist.

I was sceptical about the colour match marketing hype, but it proved to be true. It goes on clear and changes colour after a few seconds. I had the light pink and it changed to a nice baby pink which did seem to suit my colouring (very blonde and fair skinned). The gloss lasted a while but the stain even longer. I was pleasantly surprised and will now buy the darker pink to see how that looks.

I almost forgot to mention the packaging. The lippy tube comes with a mirror on one side which comes in very handy for those quick touch ups.