Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

on 4/9/2017 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lip gloss so much!! It gives a natural pinky tone, it's packaging is beautiful.. On/ Off switch for a light and a small mirror which is always handy when needed :)

I just bought the Pink color and was a bit shocked by the intensity of the fusia shade--it is a bit brighter than what i normally wear. that said--i am loving the non-drying effects of this and the stain that is left after the gloss came off.
overall--i am very pleased and would love more colors!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Ok, so I had to write a review on this product to add my two cents to all of the hype. First off, I am not usually one that buys drugstore mu, not that I am mu snooty, but because I have a very hard to match olive skintone and can never find any ds foundation and while I am purchasing that I usually just end up buying everything else too. That said, I actually made a special trip to Walmart just to purchase these ph reacting products ( lipgloss, blush, bronzer).

I have not tried the other products yet, will do so tomorrow. I brought this straight home and put it on and because I wanted to test the ph theory that everyone is speculating, I also pulled my 2 oldest daughters( 9 and 11 ) in the bathroom and had them put in on as well. Ok, it turned bright pink on all 3 of us, however there was a difference in color intensity and I made sure we all applied an even amount. I believe the color shows up differently based on the color pigmentation of your lip and thats the design " secret" of the product. It will complement your skintone because the intensity shows up based on the natural color of your lip. I am a medium olive skintone, my husband is a blue eyed blond. so of my 2 oldest daughters, one has a fair complexion like my hubby with light pink lips, it showed up a lighter pink on her and a deeper pink on me and my other daughter who more favors my darker skin and lip tone.

I wont drag my other children in and make them try, my oldest is a 16 yr old boy, whom I dont think would cooperate and my youngest is a 5 month old baby girl! LOL! So my little experiment will have to be concluded here!
Seriously though, just keeping the review to the product alone, it is a really good lipgloss. It is smooth in application, looks great on I imagine pretty much everyone and makes my lips feel great, witch is a biggie with me, as I have dry lips. I also found all of the claims of staying power and staining properties to be valid. Both of my girls wiped this off for bed after it had only been on a few minutes, just long enough to see what color it would turn and it left a stain on them both. I left mine on and its still there aprox. 2 hrs later and my dry lips usually suck up lipgloss and its gone in 20 min. Conclusion...I like it and will prob. purchase again, but took off one lippie for the gimmicky ph claim.

on 4/13/2012 9:24:00 AM

Love this! It reminds me of the Too Faced color change lip glosses, but at about half the price and available at the local drugstore.

The packaging is great - love the mirror in the cap and the lighted brush, as you can put this on in a dark bathroom or in the car.

Not sure on the pH claims of the product, but the Light Pink color that I have goes on clear and darkens into a really pretty pink color. It's just a bit lighter than a bright fuschia and is a really pretty every day color. I will absolutely buy this product again as soon as it goes on sale and I have a coupon, as I love this lip gloss and would like to have a spare in my stash.

on 2/18/2012 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i actually really like this. not only is the packaging cool and fun to play with, but the gloss is awesome. It goes on clear and turns a bright magenta pink (this is for the color pink, not sure about light pink). As a pink lover, it works for me.

The product itself is what is nice though. The gloss is not sticky in any way..it's just super smooth and then stains while making your lips feel moisturized.

On the look out for the light pink now :

2/25/12 Edited to add that I just bought the light pink and what a beautiful color. Im seiously 100% impressed by these!

on 2/14/2012 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

well lets see, I don't know if this is really PH powered or if it goes on clear and changes into the same color for everyone. How on earth would my PH change this to a neon pink? seriously??? I have never had such a bright color on my lips in my life, it just kept darkening and darkening. I tried it again before bed, that way I didn't have to walk around with this crap on my lips during the day in front of people. It once again made me a neon pink, and shockingly enough I woke up the next day with it STILL ON. I walked in the bathroom and turned for a quick peak in the mirror, took a double take and stopped and starred thinking (ohhhh $#*+) what lip anything holds up overnight???? I washed my face and washed my lips as well and it was STILL THERE. its not listed as a stain but just gloss but clearly this could pass for a stain. I tried rubbing it off with a towel and had alot of color transfer to the towel thought "YES, see ya", turned around and it was kinda gone then....darkening.....hello....ITS BACK!! "OH CRAP what am i gonna do?" last resort...the makeup remover, which for me is jojoba oil. Rubbed some oil off and finally it was gone. *sigh of relief* I don't think I will use this again, but I do love that it lights up, how cool is it to have a lip gloss that lights up, I am thinking of keeping it in my purse as I do lots of late night shopping trips and can never find my house key on my key chain in the dark when I get home, having this as a little night light might really help :-) so for that I do like it but as far as beauty goes, not so much!