Physicians Formula PH Matchmaker Lip Gloss

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

on 7/7/2013 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this lipgloss! I have it in the shade Natural. It is so perfect because it is not sticky and doesn't transfer and fades into a gorgeous coral red color! LOVE IT! Normally, I don't like lipgloss, but this is a must-have. It is coral color with little gold flecks and is beautiful when it is shiny and when it dries to a semi matte sort of finish on your lips. Beautiful!

on 10/20/2012 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

After the glossy aspect of this product fades I am left with a slight blush color on my lips that I like. It's not a bad little gloss, however I would recommend purchasing it with a coupon/discount.

WoW, this lip gloss is a LOT better then I thought it would be!
Packaging wise, LOVE it! I love that it has both a mirror AND a light, which makeups touch ups super easy no matter where you are!
I love the color of the gloss, it's the perfect hot pink on me, but I honestly don't know about the whole "it changes to match your skin" as I haven't tried it on anyone else. But...best of all, once the gloss has rubbed off, it's like a stain! It's really nice, and lasts a VERY long time! I've had it on for over 5 hours, and even took a shower, and my lips are a nice pink still!

on 4/14/2012 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am not sure if I'm too pale, or what happened but I found this lip gloss to be way too bright for me, and I bought the light pink shade. I'd seen it on some blogs and was excited to try it, but I don't really go out enough (where I feel it would be the most appropriate on me) to justify the $10.

on 4/11/2012 10:33:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS!

2 things before I start: 1) the pH thing is bullshit. If I take it out, it will darken to pink on the brush and brush that way onto my lips. Same as when it goes on clear and darkens. The mechanism by which this works, I don't know, but it is very good marketing. 2) It isn't good enough. This is a VERY bright fuschia, and I do not see it looking good on very yellow or olive toned girls. Those are the ones that would probably avoid it anyway, knowing full well how those colors react on them.

I have a weird skin tone, it's yellowy, it's olivey, it's almost neutral/cool all at once. But it's mostly olive. So this looks good on me, and I can pull it off, but I almost can't, because it almost doesn't. I'm in the 'just barely' zone, where being confident is the key factor in pulling it off rather than complementing my skin tone. That being said, this turns NEON on me.

I LOVE LOVE the super fine sparkles and the shininess of the gloss [yes, it is sticky, but that helps keep it there, and keep it long lasting]. Additionally, weirdly enough in a gloss, you need to use a very small amount. It will still go on smoothly and HIGHLY pigmented. So pigmented that it stains your lips for hours. I worked a shift in retail and seven hours and dinner later, my lips are still bright pink [but no longer glossy, of course]. It also seems to have some hydrating properties, as for once my lips are still not dry and cracking. I haven't added additional lip balm. And it didnt leave those dreaded cakey white corners/ring!

All in all, awesome. However, I don't appreciate the BS, but since it's fun to watch the color change, eh.

also the packaging: if you're the kind of person that likes it, the tube comes with a mirror and light. Nifty.

edit April 27
Got the light pink, and I can't believe I'm going to say this -- I like it even more than the original! It's a gorgeous almost non-color on my skintone, just gives a tiny flush to my fairly pigmented lips, looking very natural but plump [I love the super fine glitter in both colors]. Would look fabulous on ANY skin tone, for sure.

on 3/31/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i like the idea, packaging, and shade however i was disappointed with this product. it's $10 which is expensive for a gloss but then again physician's formula is on the more expensive side of drugstore makeup. The packaging is very cute with a tiny paint brush like brush and a very useful mirror on the side. the shade goes on clear and turns into a beautiful bright pink. That being said...the reasons i hate it. This is a very thick and sticky formula and thats the only way it will be long lasting, but i personally can't stand the stickiness. Also this has a veryyyyyyy glossy finish! its wayyyyyyyyy too shiny. i like the idea, but i dont like the formula and so its going back to cvs

on 3/5/2012 3:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Literally just bought this at Walmart about an hour ago. I've been hearing about it & I loved the idea that it has a mirror on the side of it and light. The light is activated on top of the brush all you do is click it and unscrew the top to distribute it. Perfect if you're at a party or club and its dark. Not sure how the color adjusts on other skin tones but on me its a very bright pink. Like a fuschia color with some sparkle to it. Very pretty color to brighten up your look. The part I LOVE the most about this is even after the gloss wears off your lips still have a stain to it that is the same color so I apply some chapstick. Doesn't dry out my lips either. Hope they make more colors!