SHISEIDO Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful texture, good colours, longevity, etc. I have the colour Yuba, a perfect beige-gold for my skin tone, a very useful colour that can be incorporated to beautify any eye makeup look. Lovely applied with fingers or brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had experimented with cream eyeshadows in the past and it had not worked well for me,as I found it really difficult to work with textures like these.However,when I received this eyeshadow as a gift,I was tempted to experiment with creamy products one more time.I was happily surprised by how well the texture applied on my eyelid and how easy it was to apply,using just my fingers! I own the shade OR 313,which is a light pink with slight shimmer and it works perfect for a fresh,youthful makeup look! I bought the same eyeshadow for my best friend as a gift for her name day and she absolutely loved it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love these eyeshadows. I own quite many of them, wear them all the time (with urban decay primer). They last all day, hardly fade out, and are highly pigmented. I dont hv problem with them drying out in the jar either, even those i bought 2 years ago. Absolute best! Only wish they are cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I purchased this in the shade BR306/Leather, a beautiful rich brown shade. My experience with this shadow has been so positive that I want to purchase one or 2 more of these (Patina and Sable, if I can find them at the SDM near me, which carries only a limited selection). Leather has a subtle and sophisticated shimmer that isn't too over the top. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day. I find I can use my finger but for getting a more precise application and for blending, the Real Techniques Shading Brush is just perfect. I can use that brush to get the shadow into the inner 1/4 of my lids without also smudging it accidentally under my eyes and that brush is also great for getting a nice, smoky deposit of shadow under my lower lashes. What's also great is that this lasts all day, even without a primer underneath. This also works really well as a dark base for other shadows....just try layering something like MAC Patina or Nars Kalahari over this and see those shadows take on a whole new dimension. These are also considerably less expensive than Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows and are every bit as nice, and possibly nicer (I find the Shiseido one more pigmented than Chanel and it applies more evenly). I am hoping this won't dry out as quickly as my Chanel Ebloui did - that was really disappointing, especially for what those shadows cost. From now on, I'm sticking with Shiseido or Lise Watier for this type of shadow.

UPDATE: I don't know about the US but these are, apparently, being discontinued in Canada according to one Shiseido sales clerk when I was on my seemingly fruitless search for a particular shade. And the one shade I really wanted - GR707/Patina - didn't seem to be available ANYWHERE and was never shown on the Canadian Shiseido site but the SDM where I often shop did have a counter tester in that shade. I asked the Cosmetics Manager to try to get it for me and call me when it came in. A few weeks later, I stopped in to see if it had been restocked again and that's when I learned that they're being discontinued, which is such a shame. BUT she actually GAVE me the counter sample of Patina, just like that - she said "You're a regular customer and I know how much you wanted this shade - just take it!" I was floored....I offered to pay for it but as it's a counter tester, they can't really charge for it but she knows that I'll continue to be a loyal customer so I guess it was "win/win" for both of us. Don't delay though, especially if you are in Canada...if you see a shade you've been thinking of getting "one of these days", grab it now because it will be gone very soon.

Just adding another resounding yes vote to these superb cream shadows. I've always thought of Shiseido as a skin care brand (and a stodgy one at that) than a makeup brand, and never paid attention to it until recently. And wow, I've really been missing out all these years. I think Shiseido gets little attention in the US b/c the marketing is decidedly non-splashy and in line with the Japanese minimalist aesthetic, though that seems to be changing a bit.

But, back to the shadows. I have two -- Leather (reddish brown) and Patina (golden olive), with two more on the way (purple and light gold). The texture is creamy and almost mousse like, and blends almost better than any other cream eyeshadows I've used (Benefit, Maybelline color tattoo, Diorshow Fusion Mono, LM caviar stick -- not technically a cream shadow but close enough). It is not super pigmented in one swipe, but can be built up. I actually much prefer it this way than a shadow that swipes on heavily and has to be madly blended out. This one almost blends itself. I've used both fingers and brush and both work equally well. I think most or all the shades have some sort of shimmer, but it's so beautiful and subtle and entirely work appropriate (so don't expect the Dior or Chanel Illusion D'Ombre kind of shimmer). It's fairly long lasting without primer, maybe 6-8 hours, and much longer w/primer. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful and blendable the texture is -- I've layered it over and under powder shadow, though mostly I wear it just by itself.

Most of the colors look boring, but you'll change your mind once you've tried it. I think NC25 + girls will love Leather. It's a basic brown w/a touch of red that's so much more than that, sophisticated and sexy at the same time, maybe b/c of the shimmer (I normally stay far away from any reddish brown eyeshadows but this one doesn't give me tired reddish eyes). I think fairer ladies will love Sable (which I don't have). Price a bit more than Mac but so much better in quality, and lower than Chanel etc. Check it out next time.

I bought two of these, Sable and Patina, over a year ago. I use cream shadow 95% of the time and I think I've tried most brands, high to low. These are definitely some of the best. You can apply a very sheer layer or go for a heavier application. They have a lot of slip and you have time to move them around as you like before they dry down. They never look dry or cakey. I have deep-set eyes so everything creases at least a bit on me if I don't use primer. These are no different. Still, as lasting power goes these are great. Mine are old now and they have not dried out at all. They may be a bit less slippery but they still glide on beautifully. These age better than any other cream shadow I've tried.

I want to give a shout out to the color Sable. Yes, it's brown. The most gorgeous brown ever created. I had it on today and went to see a plastic surgeon about a scar on my face. She had not a stich of makeup on her face but very excitedly asked me what I had on my eyes. I told her and she said it was the most beautiful eyeshadow she'd ever seen. She may be right. It's brown but so complex. If you can wear golden shades you need to try this one. It's just absolutely gorgeous. I also have Patina and it's worth a look too. Very pretty.

I found this eye shadow to be very good, won't crease and last a whole day. it is very easy to remove at the end of the day.

I have this in pale pink, I like the effect it has on my eyes, it is very subtle and brightens my eyes which is exactly what I am looking for. a little bit of this shadow and eyeline, I am good to go.

The price however is expensive for eye shadow... but the quality is good, so I guess it is OK

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in sunshower, a peachy/orangey colour. I really like the texture of this product, it feels so smooth and moist and it applies so smoothly. I use my fingers to apply it, it is a great product to use when you are feeling lazy and don't want to get out the brushes and palettes. A light wash of this across the lids with nothing else looks fine. It lasts on me all day, however, it does tend to crease slightly but even then it doesn't look as creasing normally does. It is also easily fixed with a semi-decent eye primer. It is quite shimmery, but not gritty and has decent pigmentation. I find myself reaching for this product quite often and am really fond of it. I am not sure if I would repurchase it though, as I have a feeling that there may be better cream shadows out there. I guess we will wait and see. I do think it costs more than it is worth though, at least where I live.

I have Patina. I had originally wanted the limited-edition color that Emma Stone was wearing in an ad, but a sales assistant suggested this color instead, saying it was similar to the other one that had been sold out.

I use the tip of my ring finger to apply this. It glides nicely and is not too hard or too runny. It has a subtle shimmer and not to opaque; I think the texture is perfect. My eyes still need some definition, so I layer a Lancome shimmery black eyeshadow around the outer corner of my eyes. One time, a sales assistant at a cosmetic counter literally grabbed me to ask which eyeshadow product I use!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My favorite cream shadows. These are easy to work with, and don't dry down like thick paint. They can be used sheerly or layered and last as long as the best cream shadows out there. The softly, shimmering creams also work well as liners, and the color selection is great. I've owned five of them for over a year, and the product hasn't dried out.