SHISEIDO Shimmering Cream eye color

4.2

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think this is my first encounter with cream eyeshadows. And an okay one. I have it in two shades, don't remember the names, but one is anthracite and the other goldish. I would say it is medium-lasting, very intense color at the beginning but fades away after several hours. And does have a tendency to crease. Any I always wear primer underneath eyeshadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought 6 of these as I'm slowly making the switch to cream shadows due to powders irritating my eyes. I bought the yellowish one, the khaki green one, the taupe one, the violet one and the mid brown one - I think they are all part of one release. They are very pigmented but easily blend out using my Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush. Even the wildest of colours (the yellow one!) sheers out beautifully. They last forever and don't fade during the day. I use these to lay down a base then pop some Charlotte Tilbury on the lid for extra oomph. I find they don't crease or emphasise the lines around my eyes - nor do they settle into my increasingly crepey lids. Really a worthwhile product for those 'swipe and go' days.

Well, this was rather disappointing. I love cream eyeshadows in general, and I bought this in GR 125, a vibrant light green, thinking that it would be a great, long-lasting eyeshadow as most of the reviewers on here claim. When I applied it in the morning, the color was intense and bright and shimmery. As the day wore in, the green pigment started to wear off and soon I was left only with the shimmer. It also creased and just melted off most of my eyelid. Now mind you, I didn`t wear this with a primer, but for me the whole point of a cream eyeshadow like this is to skip primers and just use this when you`re in a rush. Not a fan.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful texture, good colours, longevity, etc. I have the colour Yuba, a perfect beige-gold for my skin tone, a very useful colour that can be incorporated to beautify any eye makeup look. Lovely applied with fingers or brush.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had experimented with cream eyeshadows in the past and it had not worked well for me,as I found it really difficult to work with textures like these.However,when I received this eyeshadow as a gift,I was tempted to experiment with creamy products one more time.I was happily surprised by how well the texture applied on my eyelid and how easy it was to apply,using just my fingers! I own the shade OR 313,which is a light pink with slight shimmer and it works perfect for a fresh,youthful makeup look! I bought the same eyeshadow for my best friend as a gift for her name day and she absolutely loved it!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I absolutely love these eyeshadows. I own quite many of them, wear them all the time (with urban decay primer). They last all day, hardly fade out, and are highly pigmented. I dont hv problem with them drying out in the jar either, even those i bought 2 years ago. Absolute best! Only wish they are cheaper.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I purchased this in the shade BR306/Leather, a beautiful rich brown shade. My experience with this shadow has been so positive that I want to purchase one or 2 more of these (Patina and Sable, if I can find them at the SDM near me, which carries only a limited selection). Leather has a subtle and sophisticated shimmer that isn't too over the top. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day. I find I can use my finger but for getting a more precise application and for blending, the Real Techniques Shading Brush is just perfect. I can use that brush to get the shadow into the inner 1/4 of my lids without also smudging it accidentally under my eyes and that brush is also great for getting a nice, smoky deposit of shadow under my lower lashes. What's also great is that this lasts all day, even without a primer underneath. This also works really well as a dark base for other shadows....just try layering something like MAC Patina or Nars Kalahari over this and see those shadows take on a whole new dimension. These are also considerably less expensive than Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows and are every bit as nice, and possibly nicer (I find the Shiseido one more pigmented than Chanel and it applies more evenly). I am hoping this won't dry out as quickly as my Chanel Ebloui did - that was really disappointing, especially for what those shadows cost. From now on, I'm sticking with Shiseido or Lise Watier for this type of shadow.

UPDATE: I don't know about the US but these are, apparently, being discontinued in Canada according to one Shiseido sales clerk when I was on my seemingly fruitless search for a particular shade. And the one shade I really wanted - GR707/Patina - didn't seem to be available ANYWHERE and was never shown on the Canadian Shiseido site but the SDM where I often shop did have a counter tester in that shade. I asked the Cosmetics Manager to try to get it for me and call me when it came in. A few weeks later, I stopped in to see if it had been restocked again and that's when I learned that they're being discontinued, which is such a shame. BUT she actually GAVE me the counter sample of Patina, just like that - she said "You're a regular customer and I know how much you wanted this shade - just take it!" I was floored....I offered to pay for it but as it's a counter tester, they can't really charge for it but she knows that I'll continue to be a loyal customer so I guess it was "win/win" for both of us. Don't delay though, especially if you are in Canada...if you see a shade you've been thinking of getting "one of these days", grab it now because it will be gone very soon.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I start by saying I have dry skin & don't like layering powder around my sensitive eyes. I have always been envious of those who could. But that ended when Shiseido started releasing their cream shadow range and expanded their colour range.

These great quality products… luxurious & long lasting. Not too pigmented nor too shimmery. On my olive skin most of the colours look great… wearable to the office or the beach. I can apply it with my finger or brush & it sits perfectly on skin.

I currently own 6 of these & would highly recommend them.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have not tried many other cream eye shadow brands(maybe two others?), but I never really had the desire to because I have been so happy with Shiseidos.

I have had owned a total of 6 so far and currently only have 4 left. I wont give a specific review on each shade I have or had, that's too long of a review. I will admit that my favorite is BR306 Leather. A warm medium brown shade with the most beautiful shimmer/very fine glitter that always gets me compliments with my dark/black brown eyes. I use this alone or paired with other browns. A close runner up is GR707 Patina, a grey/green/brown with fine shimmers and looks stunning against any eye color including my dark browns. There are many various colors to choose from(27 I counted).

The formula from all of them are super creamy, pigmented, and extremely bendable. When applied it, they all last for hours on my hooded eyes with minimal creasing. For some reason, the darkest, blackest shade BK912 Caviar, once blended and set, it's like cement and doesn't budge AT ALL, more so than the others. It really stands out as my most "hardcore" cream eyeshadow and thus, I also use this shade as well as all the others for lining my eyes. I cannot use powder to line my eyes to get that soft lined, soft smokey effect, It doesn't work, have tried. ONLY with these cream shadows I can do that look with success. They are NOT matte, they are all shimmers. The shimmers are so elegant, so refined you can call it "adult glitter". It's never too much.

I do have a problem with all of these shadows drying up quickly. I have resorted to storing these upside down and "restoring" them with eye drops and short blasts in the microwave(please be very careful when dong this and only a few seconds). I live in a cold and dry country so its unavoidable.. Each eye shadow is not cheap(I also live in a very expensive country, Switzerland) I have shelled out the cash for these, and I love these to pieces, so I will do whatever it takes to prolong the life until I am scraping from the pan.

The packaging is typical Shiseido with it's practical, understated yet elegant design which I like.

In my opinion, these are the BEST cream eyeshadows and the only cream shadows I use.

I was so sure I wanted one, or more, after reading the reviews. I tried on several of the most popular colors, and they just didn't suit. Trying to convince myself, I even asked trusted friends and other retail people - I got a wrinkled nose response, and a lot of non-committal comments or shrugs. Ended up with Bobbi Brown cream e/s in stone, but still turning to my LM caviar stick in Chocolate.