SHISEIDO Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by skin type : Dry

4.5

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I think this is my first encounter with cream eyeshadows. And an okay one. I have it in two shades, don't remember the names, but one is anthracite and the other goldish. I would say it is medium-lasting, very intense color at the beginning but fades away after several hours. And does have a tendency to crease. Any I always wear primer underneath eyeshadows.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought 6 of these as I'm slowly making the switch to cream shadows due to powders irritating my eyes. I bought the yellowish one, the khaki green one, the taupe one, the violet one and the mid brown one - I think they are all part of one release. They are very pigmented but easily blend out using my Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush. Even the wildest of colours (the yellow one!) sheers out beautifully. They last forever and don't fade during the day. I use these to lay down a base then pop some Charlotte Tilbury on the lid for extra oomph. I find they don't crease or emphasise the lines around my eyes - nor do they settle into my increasingly crepey lids. Really a worthwhile product for those 'swipe and go' days.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I purchased this in the shade BR306/Leather, a beautiful rich brown shade. My experience with this shadow has been so positive that I want to purchase one or 2 more of these (Patina and Sable, if I can find them at the SDM near me, which carries only a limited selection). Leather has a subtle and sophisticated shimmer that isn't too over the top. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day. I find I can use my finger but for getting a more precise application and for blending, the Real Techniques Shading Brush is just perfect. I can use that brush to get the shadow into the inner 1/4 of my lids without also smudging it accidentally under my eyes and that brush is also great for getting a nice, smoky deposit of shadow under my lower lashes. What's also great is that this lasts all day, even without a primer underneath. This also works really well as a dark base for other shadows....just try layering something like MAC Patina or Nars Kalahari over this and see those shadows take on a whole new dimension. These are also considerably less expensive than Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows and are every bit as nice, and possibly nicer (I find the Shiseido one more pigmented than Chanel and it applies more evenly). I am hoping this won't dry out as quickly as my Chanel Ebloui did - that was really disappointing, especially for what those shadows cost. From now on, I'm sticking with Shiseido or Lise Watier for this type of shadow.

UPDATE: I don't know about the US but these are, apparently, being discontinued in Canada according to one Shiseido sales clerk when I was on my seemingly fruitless search for a particular shade. And the one shade I really wanted - GR707/Patina - didn't seem to be available ANYWHERE and was never shown on the Canadian Shiseido site but the SDM where I often shop did have a counter tester in that shade. I asked the Cosmetics Manager to try to get it for me and call me when it came in. A few weeks later, I stopped in to see if it had been restocked again and that's when I learned that they're being discontinued, which is such a shame. BUT she actually GAVE me the counter sample of Patina, just like that - she said "You're a regular customer and I know how much you wanted this shade - just take it!" I was floored....I offered to pay for it but as it's a counter tester, they can't really charge for it but she knows that I'll continue to be a loyal customer so I guess it was "win/win" for both of us. Don't delay though, especially if you are in Canada...if you see a shade you've been thinking of getting "one of these days", grab it now because it will be gone very soon.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I start by saying I have dry skin & don't like layering powder around my sensitive eyes. I have always been envious of those who could. But that ended when Shiseido started releasing their cream shadow range and expanded their colour range.

These great quality products… luxurious & long lasting. Not too pigmented nor too shimmery. On my olive skin most of the colours look great… wearable to the office or the beach. I can apply it with my finger or brush & it sits perfectly on skin.

I currently own 6 of these & would highly recommend them.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I don't use a lot of cream shadows so don't know if this is the best out there, but its a pretty good one I would say. Goes on smoothly, not patchy, lasts the whole night, colour stays the same without any dulling or disappearing. I think I have this in Ice. Its a gorgeous blue, but I don't got for it a lot as its a quite bright colour, only really use it on nights out. Blends great with another wet or cream shadow. You can also blend upwards without making a harsh line. I am tempted to buy more, think there are some new shades out now? Not totally sure... I've only seen information about it on 1 blog. But we shall see. Would definitely buy another if I ran out.

The cream shadow has a wonderful consistency: it goes on smooth, layers well and stays all day without creasing. I am also using the cream eyeshadows by Bobbi Brown and Mac, but like the Shiseido better. In comparison, the Bobbi Brown shadows are quite thick and drying, the tubes by Mac are messy to apply and splotchy. The only thing that needs improvement imo are the colors: most of them do not match very well. I use the bronze, moss and antique gold colors. A lot of the other colors are bright and quite ordinary - why don't create a more sophisticated palette with more tone harmonies? The jar will dry out in time, even if it is firmly closed, but removing the top layer with a tissue will still get you lots of the good stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have this in sunshower, a peachy/orangey colour. I really like the texture of this product, it feels so smooth and moist and it applies so smoothly. I use my fingers to apply it, it is a great product to use when you are feeling lazy and don't want to get out the brushes and palettes. A light wash of this across the lids with nothing else looks fine. It lasts on me all day, however, it does tend to crease slightly but even then it doesn't look as creasing normally does. It is also easily fixed with a semi-decent eye primer. It is quite shimmery, but not gritty and has decent pigmentation. I find myself reaching for this product quite often and am really fond of it. I am not sure if I would repurchase it though, as I have a feeling that there may be better cream shadows out there. I guess we will wait and see. I do think it costs more than it is worth though, at least where I live.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I absolutely love Shiseido cream eyeshadows! My favorite is Sable (BR709). It is a stunning green-leaning taupe. It really pops the green in my eye color (my eyes are light brown with bits of green and gold). The formula is long wearing, smooth, and easy to blend. I also have Meadow (BE204, a goldish color), Patina (GR707, a green) and Leather (BR306, a brown). These can be worn alone or as bases to pop or alter other colors, and can be sheered out or built up for more intense coloring. I would rebuy without hesitation. Although I suspect each twist-off pot will last me about 9 days short of forever lol!