SHISEIDO Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

Well, this was rather disappointing. I love cream eyeshadows in general, and I bought this in GR 125, a vibrant light green, thinking that it would be a great, long-lasting eyeshadow as most of the reviewers on here claim. When I applied it in the morning, the color was intense and bright and shimmery. As the day wore in, the green pigment started to wear off and soon I was left only with the shimmer. It also creased and just melted off most of my eyelid. Now mind you, I didn`t wear this with a primer, but for me the whole point of a cream eyeshadow like this is to skip primers and just use this when you`re in a rush. Not a fan.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I purchased this in the shade BR306/Leather, a beautiful rich brown shade. My experience with this shadow has been so positive that I want to purchase one or 2 more of these (Patina and Sable, if I can find them at the SDM near me, which carries only a limited selection). Leather has a subtle and sophisticated shimmer that isn't too over the top. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day. I find I can use my finger but for getting a more precise application and for blending, the Real Techniques Shading Brush is just perfect. I can use that brush to get the shadow into the inner 1/4 of my lids without also smudging it accidentally under my eyes and that brush is also great for getting a nice, smoky deposit of shadow under my lower lashes. What's also great is that this lasts all day, even without a primer underneath. This also works really well as a dark base for other shadows....just try layering something like MAC Patina or Nars Kalahari over this and see those shadows take on a whole new dimension. These are also considerably less expensive than Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows and are every bit as nice, and possibly nicer (I find the Shiseido one more pigmented than Chanel and it applies more evenly). I am hoping this won't dry out as quickly as my Chanel Ebloui did - that was really disappointing, especially for what those shadows cost. From now on, I'm sticking with Shiseido or Lise Watier for this type of shadow.

UPDATE: I don't know about the US but these are, apparently, being discontinued in Canada according to one Shiseido sales clerk when I was on my seemingly fruitless search for a particular shade. And the one shade I really wanted - GR707/Patina - didn't seem to be available ANYWHERE and was never shown on the Canadian Shiseido site but the SDM where I often shop did have a counter tester in that shade. I asked the Cosmetics Manager to try to get it for me and call me when it came in. A few weeks later, I stopped in to see if it had been restocked again and that's when I learned that they're being discontinued, which is such a shame. BUT she actually GAVE me the counter sample of Patina, just like that - she said "You're a regular customer and I know how much you wanted this shade - just take it!" I was floored....I offered to pay for it but as it's a counter tester, they can't really charge for it but she knows that I'll continue to be a loyal customer so I guess it was "win/win" for both of us. Don't delay though, especially if you are in Canada...if you see a shade you've been thinking of getting "one of these days", grab it now because it will be gone very soon.

The cream shadow has a wonderful consistency: it goes on smooth, layers well and stays all day without creasing. I am also using the cream eyeshadows by Bobbi Brown and Mac, but like the Shiseido better. In comparison, the Bobbi Brown shadows are quite thick and drying, the tubes by Mac are messy to apply and splotchy. The only thing that needs improvement imo are the colors: most of them do not match very well. I use the bronze, moss and antique gold colors. A lot of the other colors are bright and quite ordinary - why don't create a more sophisticated palette with more tone harmonies? The jar will dry out in time, even if it is firmly closed, but removing the top layer with a tissue will still get you lots of the good stuff.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have both Tin and Patina.
Incredible staying power on both of them and are a delight to apply.
I use an UD eyeshadow brush to apply in general and then a Koyudo C011 to build the colour according to my look.
Patina is very similar to Skinny Jeans, but even creamier.
Tin is an unexpected delightful grey and perfect for green eyes.

I recently (June 2013) bought BK 912 (Caviar) and BE 204 (Meadow)
Caviar is much more to my taste as far as texture and colour than MAC's Blackground, my former go-to shadow for this colour range.
Meadow is a lovely old gold, great as a base, a sheer wash or built up for more impact.

I can't praise the texture, colour pay-off, staying power and suitability for ageing eyelids of all the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Shadows enough.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in OR313 'sunshower' and it's going in MUA kit. This is a wet eyeshadow that leaves a satin finish. To me it looked smudged and like it did not spread very well and it was easily rubbed off.The packaging is also really unhygenic and this is not enough to last a long time. I'm so disappointed.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

These cream shadows are my favorite right now. I am currently very into highly shimmer products that give more dimension to my eyes. I like medium to sheer pigmentation with a very creamy texture. These are just that. They aren't going to give you a lot of pigmentation. Rather they give a very beautiful shimmery finish.

You can see this is definitely catered to the tastes of Asian women and their preference over shimmer/dimension than pigmentation.

I have the shade WT 901 which is a white/silver shadow with tons of shimmer. I tried out other colors at the counter and I would definitely want to purchase more. They are pricey though! But they give 6 grams, which is a lot more than Chanel cream shadow's 4 grams or Mac paint pots' 5 grams.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have these pots in BE204 (greeny gold) and OR313 (reddish brown). These are very nice pots of easily blended eye colour. These last all day and into the evening without creasing or fading. My only issue with these is some of the glittery particles tend to fall down a little bit.