SHISEIDO Shimmering Cream eye color

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.5

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

The cream shadow has a wonderful consistency: it goes on smooth, layers well and stays all day without creasing. I am also using the cream eyeshadows by Bobbi Brown and Mac, but like the Shiseido better. In comparison, the Bobbi Brown shadows are quite thick and drying, the tubes by Mac are messy to apply and splotchy. The only thing that needs improvement imo are the colors: most of them do not match very well. I use the bronze, moss and antique gold colors. A lot of the other colors are bright and quite ordinary - why don't create a more sophisticated palette with more tone harmonies? The jar will dry out in time, even if it is firmly closed, but removing the top layer with a tissue will still get you lots of the good stuff.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

I bought 6 of these as I'm slowly making the switch to cream shadows due to powders irritating my eyes. I bought the yellowish one, the khaki green one, the taupe one, the violet one and the mid brown one - I think they are all part of one release. They are very pigmented but easily blend out using my Bobbi Brown cream shadow brush. Even the wildest of colours (the yellow one!) sheers out beautifully. They last forever and don't fade during the day. I use these to lay down a base then pop some Charlotte Tilbury on the lid for extra oomph. I find they don't crease or emphasise the lines around my eyes - nor do they settle into my increasingly crepey lids. Really a worthwhile product for those 'swipe and go' days.