Shiseido Shimmering Cream eye color

4.2

Water (Aqua), Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Mica, Dipropylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Paraffin, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Palmitic Acid, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Carmine (Ci 75470), Tocopherol,Tocopheryl Acetate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Polysilicone-2, Polyacrylate-4, Peg/Ppg-36/41 Dimethyl Ether, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Dipentaerythrityl Hexahydroxystearate, Methicone, Zinc Oxide, Tetradecene.

I bought two of these, Sable and Patina, over a year ago. I use cream shadow 95% of the time and I think I've tried most brands, high to low. These are definitely some of the best. You can apply a very sheer layer or go for a heavier application. They have a lot of slip and you have time to move them around as you like before they dry down. They never look dry or cakey. I have deep-set eyes so everything creases at least a bit on me if I don't use primer. These are no different. Still, as lasting power goes these are great. Mine are old now and they have not dried out at all. They may be a bit less slippery but they still glide on beautifully. These age better than any other cream shadow I've tried.

I want to give a shout out to the color Sable. Yes, it's brown. The most gorgeous brown ever created. I had it on today and went to see a plastic surgeon about a scar on my face. She had not a stich of makeup on her face but very excitedly asked me what I had on my eyes. I told her and she said it was the most beautiful eyeshadow she'd ever seen. She may be right. It's brown but so complex. If you can wear golden shades you need to try this one. It's just absolutely gorgeous. I also have Patina and it's worth a look too. Very pretty.

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I have both Tin and Patina.
Incredible staying power on both of them and are a delight to apply.
I use an UD eyeshadow brush to apply in general and then a Koyudo C011 to build the colour according to my look.
Patina is very similar to Skinny Jeans, but even creamier.
Tin is an unexpected delightful grey and perfect for green eyes.

I recently (June 2013) bought BK 912 (Caviar) and BE 204 (Meadow)
Caviar is much more to my taste as far as texture and colour than MAC's Blackground, my former go-to shadow for this colour range.
Meadow is a lovely old gold, great as a base, a sheer wash or built up for more impact.

I can't praise the texture, colour pay-off, staying power and suitability for ageing eyelids of all the Shiseido Shimmering Cream Shadows enough.

Just adding another resounding yes vote to these superb cream shadows. I've always thought of Shiseido as a skin care brand (and a stodgy one at that) than a makeup brand, and never paid attention to it until recently. And wow, I've really been missing out all these years. I think Shiseido gets little attention in the US b/c the marketing is decidedly non-splashy and in line with the Japanese minimalist aesthetic, though that seems to be changing a bit.

But, back to the shadows. I have two -- Leather (reddish brown) and Patina (golden olive), with two more on the way (purple and light gold). The texture is creamy and almost mousse like, and blends almost better than any other cream eyeshadows I've used (Benefit, Maybelline color tattoo, Diorshow Fusion Mono, LM caviar stick -- not technically a cream shadow but close enough). It is not super pigmented in one swipe, but can be built up. I actually much prefer it this way than a shadow that swipes on heavily and has to be madly blended out. This one almost blends itself. I've used both fingers and brush and both work equally well. I think most or all the shades have some sort of shimmer, but it's so beautiful and subtle and entirely work appropriate (so don't expect the Dior or Chanel Illusion D'Ombre kind of shimmer). It's fairly long lasting without primer, maybe 6-8 hours, and much longer w/primer. I can't emphasize enough how beautiful and blendable the texture is -- I've layered it over and under powder shadow, though mostly I wear it just by itself.

Most of the colors look boring, but you'll change your mind once you've tried it. I think NC25 + girls will love Leather. It's a basic brown w/a touch of red that's so much more than that, sophisticated and sexy at the same time, maybe b/c of the shimmer (I normally stay far away from any reddish brown eyeshadows but this one doesn't give me tired reddish eyes). I think fairer ladies will love Sable (which I don't have). Price a bit more than Mac but so much better in quality, and lower than Chanel etc. Check it out next time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Like so many others, I purchased this in the shade BR306/Leather, a beautiful rich brown shade. My experience with this shadow has been so positive that I want to purchase one or 2 more of these (Patina and Sable, if I can find them at the SDM near me, which carries only a limited selection). Leather has a subtle and sophisticated shimmer that isn't too over the top. It applies smoothly and evenly and lasts all day. I find I can use my finger but for getting a more precise application and for blending, the Real Techniques Shading Brush is just perfect. I can use that brush to get the shadow into the inner 1/4 of my lids without also smudging it accidentally under my eyes and that brush is also great for getting a nice, smoky deposit of shadow under my lower lashes. What's also great is that this lasts all day, even without a primer underneath. This also works really well as a dark base for other shadows....just try layering something like MAC Patina or Nars Kalahari over this and see those shadows take on a whole new dimension. These are also considerably less expensive than Chanel Illusion d'ombre shadows and are every bit as nice, and possibly nicer (I find the Shiseido one more pigmented than Chanel and it applies more evenly). I am hoping this won't dry out as quickly as my Chanel Ebloui did - that was really disappointing, especially for what those shadows cost. From now on, I'm sticking with Shiseido or Lise Watier for this type of shadow.

UPDATE: I don't know about the US but these are, apparently, being discontinued in Canada. And one shade I really wanted - GR707/Patina - didn't seem to be available ANYWHERE and was never shown on the Canadian Shiseido site but the SDM where I often shop did have a counter tester in that shade. I asked the Cosmetics Manager to try to get it for me and call me when it came in. A few weeks later, I stopped in to see if it had been restocked again and that's when I learned that they're being discontinued, which is such a shame. BUT she actually GAVE me the counter sample of Patina, just like that - she said "You're a regular customer and I know how much you wanted this shade - just take it!" I was floored....I offered to pay for it but as it's a counter tester, they can't really charge for it but she knows that I'll continue to be a loyal customer so I guess it was "win/win" for both of us. Don't delay though, especially if you are in Canada...if you see a shade you've been thinking of getting "one of these days", grab it now because it will be gone very soon.

This is my HG cream eyeshadow and it looks fantastic even when applied by someone as untalented as myself. I believe it would do wonders in able hands.

My 37 year old lids do not like cream eyeshadows because they settle into my crease line, migrate everywhere on my lids etc. Shisedo shimmer cream eyecolours do not. Even without a primer, they stay where they are put for the whole day adding a multi-dimensional look. They have a nice sheen, perhaps more sheen than colour.

I use more natural colours from this collection as a base or primer for other eyeshadows and this makes everything else last longer. With more vibrant colours such as golden light etc, I achieve a great look with very simple finger touches. Really easy, fault-proof application.

Have bought and will continue to use these. Strongly recommended.

I have Patina. I had originally wanted the limited-edition color that Emma Stone was wearing in an ad, but a sales assistant suggested this color instead, saying it was similar to the other one that had been sold out.

I use the tip of my ring finger to apply this. It glides nicely and is not too hard or too runny. It has a subtle shimmer and not to opaque; I think the texture is perfect. My eyes still need some definition, so I layer a Lancome shimmery black eyeshadow around the outer corner of my eyes. One time, a sales assistant at a cosmetic counter literally grabbed me to ask which eyeshadow product I use!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I absolutely love Shiseido cream eyeshadows! My favorite is Sable (BR709). It is a stunning green-leaning taupe. It really pops the green in my eye color (my eyes are light brown with bits of green and gold). The formula is long wearing, smooth, and easy to blend. I also have Meadow (BE204, a goldish color), Patina (GR707, a green) and Leather (BR306, a brown). These can be worn alone or as bases to pop or alter other colors, and can be sheered out or built up for more intense coloring. I would rebuy without hesitation. Although I suspect each twist-off pot will last me about 9 days short of forever lol!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I start by saying I have dry skin & don't like layering powder around my sensitive eyes. I have always been envious of those who could. But that ended when Shiseido started releasing their cream shadow range and expanded their colour range.

These great quality products… luxurious & long lasting. Not too pigmented nor too shimmery. On my olive skin most of the colours look great… wearable to the office or the beach. I can apply it with my finger or brush & it sits perfectly on skin.

I currently own 6 of these & would highly recommend them.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I have not tried many other cream eye shadow brands(maybe two others?), but I never really had the desire to because I have been so happy with Shiseidos.

I have had owned a total of 6 so far and currently only have 4 left. I wont give a specific review on each shade I have or had, that's too long of a review. I will admit that my favorite is BR306 Leather. A warm medium brown shade with the most beautiful shimmer/very fine glitter that always gets me compliments with my dark/black brown eyes. I use this alone or paired with other browns. A close runner up is GR707 Patina, a grey/green/brown with fine shimmers and looks stunning against any eye color including my dark browns. There are many various colors to choose from(27 I counted).

The formula from all of them are super creamy, pigmented, and extremely bendable. When applied it, they all last for hours on my hooded eyes with minimal creasing. For some reason, the darkest, blackest shade BK912 Caviar, once blended and set, it's like cement and doesn't budge AT ALL, more so than the others. It really stands out as my most "hardcore" cream eyeshadow and thus, I also use this shade as well as all the others for lining my eyes. I cannot use powder to line my eyes to get that soft lined, soft smokey effect, It doesn't work, have tried. ONLY with these cream shadows I can do that look with success. They are NOT matte, they are all shimmers. The shimmers are so elegant, so refined you can call it "adult glitter". It's never too much.

I do have a problem with all of these shadows drying up quickly. I have resorted to storing these upside down and "restoring" them with eye drops and short blasts in the microwave(please be very careful when dong this and only a few seconds). I live in a cold and dry country so its unavoidable.. Each eye shadow is not cheap(I also live in a very expensive country, Switzerland) I have shelled out the cash for these, and I love these to pieces, so I will do whatever it takes to prolong the life until I am scraping from the pan.

The packaging is typical Shiseido with it's practical, understated yet elegant design which I like.

In my opinion, these are the BEST cream eyeshadows and the only cream shadows I use.

The cream shadow has a wonderful consistency: it goes on smooth, layers well and stays all day without creasing. I am also using the cream eyeshadows by Bobbi Brown and Mac, but like the Shiseido better. In comparison, the Bobbi Brown shadows are quite thick and drying, the tubes by Mac are messy to apply and splotchy. The only thing that needs improvement imo are the colors: most of them do not match very well. I use the bronze, moss and antique gold colors. A lot of the other colors are bright and quite ordinary - why don't create a more sophisticated palette with more tone harmonies? The jar will dry out in time, even if it is firmly closed, but removing the top layer with a tissue will still get you lots of the good stuff.