Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Instant Skin Perfecting BB Cream

Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Instant Skin Perfecting BB Cream

3.3

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

There were only 2 shades, and the deeper one available here is still a tad too light for me. The coverage is fine for BB cream, although it's gonna be wiped off when I sweat or run in the rain. It does make my skin itchy after two applications, so I gave it away to a friend who liked it.

Match my skin tone very well! I use the 01 Fresh and it cover up my pores, redness and light blemishes. I can just use this alone without concealer unless I have very dark circles or pimples occasionally. I find that if I use too much, it will look a bit cakey.

And unless you have very oily skin, you don't need to powder on top of it because it will also look cakey, but it works on blushers well. I only powder my t zone with this bb cream. Oil control is reasonably well.

It will be gone after long hours for me but I can accept, because it is just bb cream anyway, not foundation.

I think the packaging need to be improved a little. I had to put the product upside down, not the cover at the bottom because it leaks all over the cover if I don't put it upside down which looks very dirty.

It is super affordable, less than RM20. So I will repurchase for everyday use.

on 1/24/2015 5:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this BB cream liquid. It works well for me except that after long hours, it starts to fade off. I got the 02 shade and it blends well with my skin type which is generally the medium range for Asian skin. It does brighten up my skin without caking up. Does not feel dry nor oily after a day's use for my sensitive/dry skin. It also doesn't clog up the pores as compared to another BB cream brand that I have used.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

*This is a review of the Clear Smooth BB White - I realise there isn't a page for it*

Let me just say this. I really, really, REALLY dislike this product.

Firstly, I live in a place where it's humid and the sun is out 80% of the year, and this product just melts off my face (most likely due to the weather). So I guess I can't really blame the product for not staying on my face for a long time. But honestly, by the time I step out of my house, which is about an hour after application, it starts to melt, how horrible!

Besides that, I really dislike this product because:
- it has a very strong smell of sunscreen
- it caused a white cast on my face when I took a photo using flash (possibly due to the high spf)
- it was about US$15, which I think is really pricey for a small tube that contains only 18ml of product (it was imported, I guess that explains the cost and generally make up products are more expensive in my country, even "drugstore" ones)
- very light coverage (at the drugstore it "claimed" to have a medium coverage)

Also, its texture is very liquid-y, almost like a tinted moisturizer. It has a dewy finish, which I personally do not prefer since I have very oily skin - nobody wants to look like a big ball of oil.

There are some good things about it though:
- high SPF of 50
- small tube, easy for traveling
- it matched my skin tone
(But honestly, I don't think these are what makes the bb cream a good one.)

Overall, I do not recommend this product, especially for people with similar skin type (very oily and acne-prone) and live in a country with similar weather.

on 1/7/2014 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First time trying to buy this product, I really like the results because it makes my face smooth. A few hours my face becomes very oily. Even so, I love this bb cream because it makes my face smoother than the original. But if you do not use this bb cream, so my skin looks blotchy and red.

on 9/19/2013 5:27:00 AM

Small tube of BB cream is actually okay because it doesn't last long and I can have reason to buy new BB cream #LOL. Yet compared to its price, I can consider this "ordinary" BB cream in expensive side because the effect isn't that great.
The coverage is low and I think tinted moisturizer has similar coverage compared to this Maybelline BB cream. Though it's easy to blend and matches my skin tone, the oil control is a bit on the low side too. My face started to get oily in less than 2 hours after application. Worse, it caused me breakout too. A no-no product for me.

on 6/17/2013 7:42:00 AM

I got the BB cream in the tube form. Its available in 2 shades here in M`sia i.e, "Fresh" and "Natural". I use Natural (for ref Im a NC37) and this color works on me. I apply with Mac stippling brush & using this simple technique, starting from the forehead I blend gradually going down to my cheeks (where the light falls) and then buff. Product blends easily. Provides sheer to medium coverage. I set with Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One powder, also in shade "Natural".

It comes with SPF which is great for our hot climate here. And due hot humid weather after a couple of hours it looks oily and i hv to blot. At nite when i go dancing and sweat, the color streaks. Honestly, i dun blame the product, its the weather!

This is dirt cheap and being on an economic drive i would re-purchase. Plastic packaging is light, simple and easy on travels.

This BB cream has a very sheer and light coverage. Too sheer so it can't cover spots/ dark circles. Leaves a grey cast, and looks cakey with hardly any coverage. This product is not long lasting as well. Dries to a powdery semi-matte finish though. However, I guess you can use as a lip concealer, as it will not budge. It's a great alternative! However, if you already have good skin, then you would probably find this good enough(?).

Generally a good BB cream with medium coverage and easy application.
I've been using this BB cream in "02 Natural" for quite a while now (I'm on my 3rd bottle). The colour fits my skintone perfectly. I use it as a substitute for my liquid foundation when I want something lighter.
However, with this product my skin gets shiny by the end of the day. This could be because it's really humid where I live. Lately, I've been getting pretty bad breakouts and I suspect this could be the cause, so I'm in search of something more suitable. I'll go back to using this when I'm travelling somewhere with a less humid climate.

on 4/10/2013 1:02:00 AM

I've seen many negative reviews about this BB cream, but I personally think that it's not that bad. I like the fact that it contains SPF that gives my skin protection from sunlight, and that it gives me flawless-looking skin. Plus this is very cheaply sold here in the Philippines.