Boots Cocoa Butter Sugar Scrub

Boots  Cocoa Butter Sugar Scrub

1.0

Sodium chloride, Paraffinum liquidum (Mineral oil), Petrolatum, Sucrose*, Tribehenin, Ceteareth-20, Cera microcristallina (Microcrystalline wax), Laureth-3, Paraffin, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea) butter*, Ethoxydiglycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Aqua (Water), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) seed butter*, Mica, Coumarin, BHT, Benzyl benzoate, Denatonium benzoate, Benzoic acid, CI 77891 (Titanium dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron oxides) Contains 9 *ingredients traded to Fairtrade standards.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I feel completely duped by this product. Going by the packaging claims, it makes out like it's all natural with Fair Trade ingredients. And although there are Fair Trade products in there, the rest leave a lot to be desired. There's Paraffinum liquidum, Petrolatum AND Paraffin in this, none of which I need - or want - in a body scrub.

As for its scrubbing capabilities, it's not the best. After every use, it left a greasy feeling layer on my skin which was next to impossible to get off and rather than applying smoothly to my skin, it went on in big clumps which didn't melt like I would expect with a sugar scrub. The tub is huge too - at 400ml (13.5 US fl. oz.), so it seemed wasteful to trash it, despite my desire to do so on more than one occasion!

Finally, the scent was horrible - like really cheap, nasty smelling 'vanilla' scented candles. Thankfully it didn't linger on my skin after use, otherwise I would have stopped using it.

Given the ingredients and the disappointing performance overall, there's no way I would ever repurchase this, especially when there are much nicer, better performing sugar scrubs that actually work like they're supposed to, have all natural ingredients and cost around the same price.

on 12/9/2012 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I bought this item to go with the Boots Brazil Nut Butter. The packaging is nice but I think a taller tub would be less likely to fall off a ledge in the shower/bath (thankfully mine didn't but I worried it might).

When I was in the shower and opened the tub I saw the consistency was very thick, more like a balm than a scrub with oils. It did not have much sugar in it so there was less exfoliating than I wanted. It took me forever to get it rinsed off enough to where I did not feel coated with it.

Once I got done, I took a closer look at the ingredient list - one of the main components is petroleum jelly! I will never use this product again. I am going back to my Tree Hut scrub, which is much better (& cheaper)!

on 2/13/2012 1:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

WARNING!! Stay away from this scrub. The texture of this scrub is like a body butter with a small amount of sugar. Not enough for a good scrub. The worst part was that it left a thick layer on my skin. I shaved after and within a few passes my razor was clogged. I scrubbed my skin with a wash cloth and soap and still had a layer of this on my skin. Horrible, horrible stuff. Into the trash it goes!