bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.5

on 3/25/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm normally a drugstore mascara kind of girl. Even paying $8 for mascara seems like WAY too much for me, and while some mascaras did great in the beginning, many petered out and just let me with "okay" lashes.

Then one day I realized just how bad I needed a new mascara (this one was drying up) and I happened to be by a bareMinerals boutique. I loved everything I had tried there so far, so I decided to look into their mascaras. I'm so happy I did!

My lashes or normally relatively straight and short - to the point that if I don't have mascara on, you can't really tell they're there. This mascara is absolutely amazing, in that it provides great color and actually curls my lashes without the need of an eye curler. It goes on easily and doesn't dry to anything that is crusty or brittle. Relatively speaking, my lashes still feel pretty soft with the product on them.

Normally spending $18 on mascara is absolutely ridiculous to me, but this Curl & Lengthen mascara really does the trick. I already have a backup!

I was just a little disappointed in this mascara. . . ive had cheaper mascaras that have worked a lot better than this one, so i probably wont purchase again. It was okay, but for the price, i won't continue buying it. It lengthened my lashes a little, and didn't clump or anything which was good, but it wasn't great. And i have bought better mascaras than this, so i wouldn't reccommend this one.

on 4/7/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this mascara during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event for 50% off I think. I have been on the hunt for a new mascara for quite some time. When I looked at the applicator display in the store, I really like the fact that there were both short & long fibers.
I won't judge a mascara on the first time I use it. But after using this for 2 weeks, I can honestly say I am not impressed.
I really wanted to like this mascara. I loved the way it really coated my shorter lashes but that's as far as it goes.
I have straight lashes that don't hold curl. This mascara added some (not alot) of length and I could not see any difference in curl. The biggest disappointment was how much it flaked. While at work, I check my makeup at lunch & would always see huge flakes on my cheeks & it transferred onto my eyeshadow (even with UD primer!)
When I apply mascara I always scrape the wand on the side of the bottle & then I wipe it once on a paper towel. That made no difference...there always seemed to be huge globs of this on the wand.
A big disappointment for me.

This is a nice mascara, in my opinion. Nice, but nothing all that great. What I like about it is that, despite being quite a wet formula, it curls my very long-but-fine lashes well and the curl lasts. One coat gives a natural, lightweight fanned-out look, and I suppose the lightweight nature of the formula is what allows the curl to last. It's possible to build some decent volume, too, with about three coats - though, it's not marketed as a volumising product, so those in search of dramatic, thickened lashes should look elsewhere. With two to three coats I get some clumping, so I think this mascara works best just to give a single natural coat - a clean daytime look. However, even when layered, my lashes feel soft to the touch, not overly dry or crispy. I'm not wowed by the applicator - it's a regular (not rubberised) bristle brush with a slightly thinner 'waist' (sort of figure 8 in shape) - but it does a reasonable job.
I personally wouldn't be *overly* keen to repurchase as I feel the original Flawless Definition is more user-friendly and produces similar natural-looking results (with less effort on my part!) However, it's a decent product, and I've checked 'yes' to repurchase in order to reflect that.