bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.8

on 11/30/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow. Did not hold curl no matter what. The little stopper thing came off so I would have to wipe of excess every time. Not worth the time and effort for crappy results.

on 3/29/2014 1:43:00 PM

Really liking this so far! Definitely more curl than my normal BareMinerals mascara and lengthens too. A really good all rounder,

on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is a really great mascara. I got it in a set and I'm glad I did...I had a friend who worked for BE & she didn't recommend this mascara, so I would never have purchased this on my own.
This mascara does exactly what the name implies. It actually gives your lashes a nice curl and awesome length. The first time I used this I was so surprised at how it seemed to cancel out my need for a lash curler. I can honestly say I have never used a mascara that gives this much curl. Even better, even though this is not waterproof, the curl holds all day, and I never had a problem with this smudging or flaking throughout the day.
On top of that, this also gives nice definition and even a decent amount of volume to the lashes. I never felt the need to layer anything over this because this handled basically everything! I could use one or two light coats for more neutral looks or really layer this for more drama (which I typically go for). This could get clumpy and a little spidery after multiple coats, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue.
The formula on this was a little wet in the beginning, but not messy, clumpy, goopy wet, if you know what I mean. I know people recommend throwing out mascaras after 3 months, but I since I was rotating other mascaras along with this one, it lasted closer to 6 months before drying out.
I have a lot of other mascaras I want to try before I run out and get this again, but I do recommend it. I don't think $18 is TOO bad for a high-end mascara, especially considering most drugstore mascaras now are $10+! And definitely check a BE outlet if you have one near you...They have insane discounts on their products!

I was surprised at how much I like this product. It might not be perfect, but it's close enough for me. My eyes had watered and itched non-stop for the past couple of years, which I thought was due to sinus allergies. I switched mascaras a couple of times trying both drug store and more expensive brands with no change to the eye problem. Thinking that a waterproof mascara might be my only option, I asked the saleslady at Ulta for help in finding something that would stay put, but not be a PITA to remove. When she heard about my allergies she suggested this one, since it was all natural and came in an espresso (brown/black) shade. Wow! What a difference. The constant watering and itching disappeared overnight. It goes on smooth, with only a bit of clumping and hasn't dried out in the tube. No smudging, no flaking, and now that my eyes aren't constantly watering I actually still have mascara on at the end of the day. It washes off easily with no residue. I gave it a 4 because of the claim that it curls your eyelashes. It doesn't. Maybe its supposed to work well with an eyelash curler? No clue what Bare Escentuals was thinking with that one. Since the curl isn't an issue with me, I'm happy with the product. I did have a problem with the first tube I bought. After a few days of use, a clear liquid (water?) started to drip out of the top of the tube. I returned it for a new one and have not had that problem again.

on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise! I had heard of this mascara but have worn Chanel's for many years. No matter what they came out with, I found one that worked; starting with Instant Lash many years ago. Recently I have been wearing Inimitable and found it wonderful; but I have never been happy with the cost. For almost half the price I can get BE's lovely Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen; and yes, it does both. I have blonde roots to my light brown lashes and must wear something. I also wore black for years, but have changed to the Espresso colour in this. It is a beautiful brown and looks very natural as well as somewhat dressy. Perhaps because it is not as harsh looking.

It curls lashes that don't curl well; adds definition, and makes my eyes look awake! There are no problems with smudging, and there are no flakes to contend with. I like this mascara as well as Inimitable, and will also try the volumizing one.

BEST mascara ever!

Pros: Truely gives a great curl & lengthening
gives great volume
lasts a whole day (+ the day after, ups)
without parabenes and perfume
love this product, repurchased this ever since

Cons: a bit pricey