bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.5

on 5/7/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Perfect, HG mascara. It is very difficult to get off but to be fair most mascaras are a nightmare for me to remove. I think the performance is worth the difficulty in removal. It also flakes a tiny bit but again, almost all mascaras flake on me so I don't count it as a particular negative. This gives my lashes the best look they've ever had, no question. Perfect length, perfect volume, perfect curl. Formula isn't too wet or too dry, is very black, doesn't clump, doesn't smudge. It also doesn't need "ageing"; the formula is perfect as soon you open the tube. So many mascaras are so disappointing, this one is reliably brilliant.

on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is a really great mascara. I got it in a set and I'm glad I did...I had a friend who worked for BE & she didn't recommend this mascara, so I would never have purchased this on my own.
This mascara does exactly what the name implies. It actually gives your lashes a nice curl and awesome length. The first time I used this I was so surprised at how it seemed to cancel out my need for a lash curler. I can honestly say I have never used a mascara that gives this much curl. Even better, even though this is not waterproof, the curl holds all day, and I never had a problem with this smudging or flaking throughout the day.
On top of that, this also gives nice definition and even a decent amount of volume to the lashes. I never felt the need to layer anything over this because this handled basically everything! I could use one or two light coats for more neutral looks or really layer this for more drama (which I typically go for). This could get clumpy and a little spidery after multiple coats, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue.
The formula on this was a little wet in the beginning, but not messy, clumpy, goopy wet, if you know what I mean. I know people recommend throwing out mascaras after 3 months, but I since I was rotating other mascaras along with this one, it lasted closer to 6 months before drying out.
I have a lot of other mascaras I want to try before I run out and get this again, but I do recommend it. I don't think $18 is TOO bad for a high-end mascara, especially considering most drugstore mascaras now are $10+! And definitely check a BE outlet if you have one near you...They have insane discounts on their products!

on 10/12/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Other, Medium

Purchased this mascara during their 20% off weekend. Terrible results -- after applying my eyelashes were brittle. This product does not lengthen or curI as claimed. I guess I should have purchased the original "flawless definition" since that mascara has the highest rating. Will be returning as I have my receipt. This mascara is "dollar" and drug store quality.

I was surprised at how much I like this product. It might not be perfect, but it's close enough for me. My eyes had watered and itched non-stop for the past couple of years, which I thought was due to sinus allergies. I switched mascaras a couple of times trying both drug store and more expensive brands with no change to the eye problem. Thinking that a waterproof mascara might be my only option, I asked the saleslady at Ulta for help in finding something that would stay put, but not be a PITA to remove. When she heard about my allergies she suggested this one, since it was all natural and came in an espresso (brown/black) shade. Wow! What a difference. The constant watering and itching disappeared overnight. It goes on smooth, with only a bit of clumping and hasn't dried out in the tube. No smudging, no flaking, and now that my eyes aren't constantly watering I actually still have mascara on at the end of the day. It washes off easily with no residue. I gave it a 4 because of the claim that it curls your eyelashes. It doesn't. Maybe its supposed to work well with an eyelash curler? No clue what Bare Escentuals was thinking with that one. Since the curl isn't an issue with me, I'm happy with the product. I did have a problem with the first tube I bought. After a few days of use, a clear liquid (water?) started to drip out of the top of the tube. I returned it for a new one and have not had that problem again.

on 3/25/2013 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I actually adore this mascara. My hg is CG Clump Crusher, but this is a close second. I already have very long, thick eyelashes, so I'm not looking for drama. Just something to darken and define without clumps. Well, this does a fantastic job of doing so! I love the brush and the formula glides on like a dream. Just one swipe is all I need. My biggest gripe is that the tube, for whatever reason, always ends up with a ton of excess product all over it in little clumps. Well, no worries, I can just wipe it off with a wet towel. Problem solved. Rather there be clumps on the side of the tube than on my peepers!

on 1/17/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was in the trio box along with flawless definition original and voluminous. This was my favorite out of the other two. It really curled and lengthened my lashes. I got a lot of compliments. The lashes didn't clump nor did it flake on me throughout the day. The bristles on the brush grab each hair and evenly coats all the lashes. I am going to buy the full size because i feel that it is worth the price. I definitely recommend this mascara.

on 1/15/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this mascara when I bought the volumizing formula, opened the box and found this inside. I decided to try it anyway and it basically made one huge clump out of my thin lashes. Am going to return

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The original Flawless Definition is my HG mascara (along with Buxom Lash) so when I saw a trio of bareMinerals mascaras online, I scooped it up without really looking to see what was included. The trio includes the original, as well as this formula, and the volumizing version.

I wish I'd taken a closer look. The Curl & Lengthen is as disappointing and poorly conceived as the original Flawless Definition is amazing and brilliant.

Perhaps it's because I've become used to applying mascara with a rubberized brush, but this synthetic hair-type wand sucks. It's one of those that's concave in the center and after giving it about 5 days of trying, I've given up. I cannot get this mascara to go on evenly. The brush deposits huge pools of mascara on some lashes and barely goes on to others. Try as I may, I could not get it to go on evenly or smooth out. It just sits in big blobs on my eyelashes while other lashes look nearly bare. Likewise for the Volumizing version. Both are now in the trash.

One of the worst mascaras I've used. For life-changing lashes, try the original formula. But skip this.

I love the brush and formula - if only it didn't smudge with my oily lids! I get curling, length, and volume with this one. I don't absolutely have to curl my lashes (as they stay curled even if I haven't since the day before) but I wouldn't solely rely on this for curling either. This mascara applies easily and I love that I don't have to spend time tinkering with a lash comb after. It's also very buildable and I find that I can get dramatic lashes even more easily as the tube gets a little drier. Would be HG if it didn't smear - but the smudging is minimal enough that I'd bear with it and carry around q-tips... And probably buy it again just to hope it works even better the next go-around.

on 6/26/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not really impressed with this brand's mascaras, so I was not sure about this one when I received it in a kit. I have owned it for awhile now and I admit, I do like it. It does lengthen my lashes quite a bit and gives them a slight curl (nothing dramatic.) It does not clump on me and stays all day.
The price is a bit steep for it though when i have run into other mascaras that do similar work for far less, but this is made of all natural ingredients, so I will forgive it.
I would not buy this again because of the price tag, but it is a great mascara.