bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.4

on 8/9/2016 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I didn't get any curling from this mascara.

I don't know that I really expected to, but part of me always buys into the hype.

It was an ok mascara. I didn't really like the brush. The shape didn't make it easier to get the corner lashes, or the bottom lashes either.

The formula was ok. Not too wet or too dry, not a lot of flaking, or running.

on 11/30/2014 3:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Wow. Did not hold curl no matter what. The little stopper thing came off so I would have to wipe of excess every time. Not worth the time and effort for crappy results.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Truly one of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. It does not add length, volume or enhance curl. From the first use, the mascara formula was very dry and clumpy. It did nothing for my lashes. Did not smudge and was easy to remove.

on 3/29/2014 1:43:00 PM

Really liking this so far! Definitely more curl than my normal BareMinerals mascara and lengthens too. A really good all rounder,

on 3/25/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm normally a drugstore mascara kind of girl. Even paying $8 for mascara seems like WAY too much for me, and while some mascaras did great in the beginning, many petered out and just let me with "okay" lashes.

Then one day I realized just how bad I needed a new mascara (this one was drying up) and I happened to be by a bareMinerals boutique. I loved everything I had tried there so far, so I decided to look into their mascaras. I'm so happy I did!

My lashes or normally relatively straight and short - to the point that if I don't have mascara on, you can't really tell they're there. This mascara is absolutely amazing, in that it provides great color and actually curls my lashes without the need of an eye curler. It goes on easily and doesn't dry to anything that is crusty or brittle. Relatively speaking, my lashes still feel pretty soft with the product on them.

Normally spending $18 on mascara is absolutely ridiculous to me, but this Curl & Lengthen mascara really does the trick. I already have a backup!

on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise! I had heard of this mascara but have worn Chanel's for many years. No matter what they came out with, I found one that worked; starting with Instant Lash many years ago. Recently I have been wearing Inimitable and found it wonderful; but I have never been happy with the cost. For almost half the price I can get BE's lovely Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen; and yes, it does both. I have blonde roots to my light brown lashes and must wear something. I also wore black for years, but have changed to the Espresso colour in this. It is a beautiful brown and looks very natural as well as somewhat dressy. Perhaps because it is not as harsh looking.

It curls lashes that don't curl well; adds definition, and makes my eyes look awake! There are no problems with smudging, and there are no flakes to contend with. I like this mascara as well as Inimitable, and will also try the volumizing one.

BEST mascara ever!

Pros: Truely gives a great curl & lengthening
gives great volume
lasts a whole day (+ the day after, ups)
without parabenes and perfume
love this product, repurchased this ever since

Cons: a bit pricey

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'd prefer if this were waterproof, but I really don't like BE's waterproof mascara (that brush sucks!). THIS brush is awesome - I've just never seen anything like it. And really, even though it's non-waterproof, it still stays on pretty well without smudging.

As a testament to how good this looks, I was in Sephora one day, and when a SA came over to greet me, she said, "Wow, you have amazing lashes! What are you using?" I pointed over to the BE area and said, "Just the Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen formula - no fancy tricks. Two coats on the upper lashes, one coat on the lower lashes." HG mascara for sure.

I was just a little disappointed in this mascara. . . ive had cheaper mascaras that have worked a lot better than this one, so i probably wont purchase again. It was okay, but for the price, i won't continue buying it. It lengthened my lashes a little, and didn't clump or anything which was good, but it wasn't great. And i have bought better mascaras than this, so i wouldn't reccommend this one.

This is a nice mascara, in my opinion. Nice, but nothing all that great. What I like about it is that, despite being quite a wet formula, it curls my very long-but-fine lashes well and the curl lasts. One coat gives a natural, lightweight fanned-out look, and I suppose the lightweight nature of the formula is what allows the curl to last. It's possible to build some decent volume, too, with about three coats - though, it's not marketed as a volumising product, so those in search of dramatic, thickened lashes should look elsewhere. With two to three coats I get some clumping, so I think this mascara works best just to give a single natural coat - a clean daytime look. However, even when layered, my lashes feel soft to the touch, not overly dry or crispy. I'm not wowed by the applicator - it's a regular (not rubberised) bristle brush with a slightly thinner 'waist' (sort of figure 8 in shape) - but it does a reasonable job.
I personally wouldn't be *overly* keen to repurchase as I feel the original Flawless Definition is more user-friendly and produces similar natural-looking results (with less effort on my part!) However, it's a decent product, and I've checked 'yes' to repurchase in order to reflect that.