bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.6

on 2/24/2013 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

What a surprise! I had heard of this mascara but have worn Chanel's for many years. No matter what they came out with, I found one that worked; starting with Instant Lash many years ago. Recently I have been wearing Inimitable and found it wonderful; but I have never been happy with the cost. For almost half the price I can get BE's lovely Flawless Definition Curl and Lengthen; and yes, it does both. I have blonde roots to my light brown lashes and must wear something. I also wore black for years, but have changed to the Espresso colour in this. It is a beautiful brown and looks very natural as well as somewhat dressy. Perhaps because it is not as harsh looking.

It curls lashes that don't curl well; adds definition, and makes my eyes look awake! There are no problems with smudging, and there are no flakes to contend with. I like this mascara as well as Inimitable, and will also try the volumizing one.

on 2/18/2013 11:05:00 PM

My criteria for the "perfect" mascara? Does not need to be waterproof, but does need to be smudge proof. Should have depth of color, meaning black. Fibers or no fibers are fine with me, however I'm more interested in a formula that is rich and creamy and that does not make my lashes absolutely stiff.

Stiffness = hard to remove for me and at my age (50) I don't need anything that may cause me to lose even one eyelash. This mascara is so beautiful - it's just perfect in every way. I can add as many as 3 coats and it just makes my lashes look thicker, more dense and perfect.

The brush took a little getting used to - it's one of those elongated "figure 8" brushes; skinny in the middle. It's just fine - not clumps, no sticking together of lashes, easy to do the "wiggle and insert" move at the lash line to get the color depth. I gave it a fill 5 lippies for each category because it deserves every one!

The brush comes out of the container smoothly, not too much excess on the brush, the brush is not too narrow or too WIDE so there's no dotting. It does not feel excessively dry once the product sets. It's just all around really great. $18.00 US IS expensive, but this is worth it.

on 1/17/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was in the trio box along with flawless definition original and voluminous. This was my favorite out of the other two. It really curled and lengthened my lashes. I got a lot of compliments. The lashes didn't clump nor did it flake on me throughout the day. The bristles on the brush grab each hair and evenly coats all the lashes. I am going to buy the full size because i feel that it is worth the price. I definitely recommend this mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'd prefer if this were waterproof, but I really don't like BE's waterproof mascara (that brush sucks!). THIS brush is awesome - I've just never seen anything like it. And really, even though it's non-waterproof, it still stays on pretty well without smudging.

As a testament to how good this looks, I was in Sephora one day, and when a SA came over to greet me, she said, "Wow, you have amazing lashes! What are you using?" I pointed over to the BE area and said, "Just the Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen formula - no fancy tricks. Two coats on the upper lashes, one coat on the lower lashes." HG mascara for sure.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Truly one of the worst mascaras I have ever purchased. It does not add length, volume or enhance curl. From the first use, the mascara formula was very dry and clumpy. It did nothing for my lashes. Did not smudge and was easy to remove.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I heard so many good reviews on this mascara so I had to go to Sephora and buy it. I had hesitated originally because of the price. I wasn't sure if it would be worth buying for $18 but since my last mascara had expired and I needed a new one for Prom I decided to try it out. I can tell you that when I put this mascara on my eyes suddenly stood out a lot more. My lashes were perfectly curled and they really stood out. They didn't make my lashes like spider legs or get to clumpy. They leave my lashes feeling great and it doesn't weigh them down. They just look beautiful. I have tried so many different mascaras and this is my favorite. I will totally be buying it again and I really recommend this mascara. The only thing I didn't like which I can get used to is that since the brush is so long to add curl and length the brush sometimes get's the mascara on my skin but it can be easily taken off and covered up. This is just overall the best mascara I have ever tried. It is most definitely worth the $18.

on 3/29/2014 1:43:00 PM

Really liking this so far! Definitely more curl than my normal BareMinerals mascara and lengthens too. A really good all rounder,

on 2/10/2014 1:03:00 PM

This is a really great mascara. I got it in a set and I'm glad I did...I had a friend who worked for BE & she didn't recommend this mascara, so I would never have purchased this on my own.
This mascara does exactly what the name implies. It actually gives your lashes a nice curl and awesome length. The first time I used this I was so surprised at how it seemed to cancel out my need for a lash curler. I can honestly say I have never used a mascara that gives this much curl. Even better, even though this is not waterproof, the curl holds all day, and I never had a problem with this smudging or flaking throughout the day.
On top of that, this also gives nice definition and even a decent amount of volume to the lashes. I never felt the need to layer anything over this because this handled basically everything! I could use one or two light coats for more neutral looks or really layer this for more drama (which I typically go for). This could get clumpy and a little spidery after multiple coats, but for the most part, it wasn't an issue.
The formula on this was a little wet in the beginning, but not messy, clumpy, goopy wet, if you know what I mean. I know people recommend throwing out mascaras after 3 months, but I since I was rotating other mascaras along with this one, it lasted closer to 6 months before drying out.
I have a lot of other mascaras I want to try before I run out and get this again, but I do recommend it. I don't think $18 is TOO bad for a high-end mascara, especially considering most drugstore mascaras now are $10+! And definitely check a BE outlet if you have one near you...They have insane discounts on their products!

on 3/25/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'm normally a drugstore mascara kind of girl. Even paying $8 for mascara seems like WAY too much for me, and while some mascaras did great in the beginning, many petered out and just let me with "okay" lashes.

Then one day I realized just how bad I needed a new mascara (this one was drying up) and I happened to be by a bareMinerals boutique. I loved everything I had tried there so far, so I decided to look into their mascaras. I'm so happy I did!

My lashes or normally relatively straight and short - to the point that if I don't have mascara on, you can't really tell they're there. This mascara is absolutely amazing, in that it provides great color and actually curls my lashes without the need of an eye curler. It goes on easily and doesn't dry to anything that is crusty or brittle. Relatively speaking, my lashes still feel pretty soft with the product on them.

Normally spending $18 on mascara is absolutely ridiculous to me, but this Curl & Lengthen mascara really does the trick. I already have a backup!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The original Flawless Definition is my HG mascara (along with Buxom Lash) so when I saw a trio of bareMinerals mascaras online, I scooped it up without really looking to see what was included. The trio includes the original, as well as this formula, and the volumizing version.

I wish I'd taken a closer look. The Curl & Lengthen is as disappointing and poorly conceived as the original Flawless Definition is amazing and brilliant.

Perhaps it's because I've become used to applying mascara with a rubberized brush, but this synthetic hair-type wand sucks. It's one of those that's concave in the center and after giving it about 5 days of trying, I've given up. I cannot get this mascara to go on evenly. The brush deposits huge pools of mascara on some lashes and barely goes on to others. Try as I may, I could not get it to go on evenly or smooth out. It just sits in big blobs on my eyelashes while other lashes look nearly bare. Likewise for the Volumizing version. Both are now in the trash.

One of the worst mascaras I've used. For life-changing lashes, try the original formula. But skip this.