bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

bareMinerals Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen

3.6

This is a nice mascara, in my opinion. Nice, but nothing all that great. What I like about it is that, despite being quite a wet formula, it curls my very long-but-fine lashes well and the curl lasts. One coat gives a natural, lightweight fanned-out look, and I suppose the lightweight nature of the formula is what allows the curl to last. It's possible to build some decent volume, too, with about three coats - though, it's not marketed as a volumising product, so those in search of dramatic, thickened lashes should look elsewhere. With two to three coats I get some clumping, so I think this mascara works best just to give a single natural coat - a clean daytime look. However, even when layered, my lashes feel soft to the touch, not overly dry or crispy. I'm not wowed by the applicator - it's a regular (not rubberised) bristle brush with a slightly thinner 'waist' (sort of figure 8 in shape) - but it does a reasonable job.
I personally wouldn't be *overly* keen to repurchase as I feel the original Flawless Definition is more user-friendly and produces similar natural-looking results (with less effort on my part!) However, it's a decent product, and I've checked 'yes' to repurchase in order to reflect that.

on 4/7/2012 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I purchased this mascara during Ulta's 21 Days of Beauty event for 50% off I think. I have been on the hunt for a new mascara for quite some time. When I looked at the applicator display in the store, I really like the fact that there were both short & long fibers.
I won't judge a mascara on the first time I use it. But after using this for 2 weeks, I can honestly say I am not impressed.
I really wanted to like this mascara. I loved the way it really coated my shorter lashes but that's as far as it goes.
I have straight lashes that don't hold curl. This mascara added some (not alot) of length and I could not see any difference in curl. The biggest disappointment was how much it flaked. While at work, I check my makeup at lunch & would always see huge flakes on my cheeks & it transferred onto my eyeshadow (even with UD primer!)
When I apply mascara I always scrape the wand on the side of the bottle & then I wipe it once on a paper towel. That made no difference...there always seemed to be huge globs of this on the wand.
A big disappointment for me.

on 6/26/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I am not really impressed with this brand's mascaras, so I was not sure about this one when I received it in a kit. I have owned it for awhile now and I admit, I do like it. It does lengthen my lashes quite a bit and gives them a slight curl (nothing dramatic.) It does not clump on me and stays all day.
The price is a bit steep for it though when i have run into other mascaras that do similar work for far less, but this is made of all natural ingredients, so I will forgive it.
I would not buy this again because of the price tag, but it is a great mascara.

I was just a little disappointed in this mascara. . . ive had cheaper mascaras that have worked a lot better than this one, so i probably wont purchase again. It was okay, but for the price, i won't continue buying it. It lengthened my lashes a little, and didn't clump or anything which was good, but it wasn't great. And i have bought better mascaras than this, so i wouldn't reccommend this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'd prefer if this were waterproof, but I really don't like BE's waterproof mascara (that brush sucks!). THIS brush is awesome - I've just never seen anything like it. And really, even though it's non-waterproof, it still stays on pretty well without smudging.

As a testament to how good this looks, I was in Sephora one day, and when a SA came over to greet me, she said, "Wow, you have amazing lashes! What are you using?" I pointed over to the BE area and said, "Just the Flawless Definition Curl & Lengthen formula - no fancy tricks. Two coats on the upper lashes, one coat on the lower lashes." HG mascara for sure.

BEST mascara ever!

Pros: Truely gives a great curl & lengthening
gives great volume
lasts a whole day (+ the day after, ups)
without parabenes and perfume
love this product, repurchased this ever since

Cons: a bit pricey

I love the brush and formula - if only it didn't smudge with my oily lids! I get curling, length, and volume with this one. I don't absolutely have to curl my lashes (as they stay curled even if I haven't since the day before) but I wouldn't solely rely on this for curling either. This mascara applies easily and I love that I don't have to spend time tinkering with a lash comb after. It's also very buildable and I find that I can get dramatic lashes even more easily as the tube gets a little drier. Would be HG if it didn't smear - but the smudging is minimal enough that I'd bear with it and carry around q-tips... And probably buy it again just to hope it works even better the next go-around.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The original Flawless Definition is my HG mascara (along with Buxom Lash) so when I saw a trio of bareMinerals mascaras online, I scooped it up without really looking to see what was included. The trio includes the original, as well as this formula, and the volumizing version.

I wish I'd taken a closer look. The Curl & Lengthen is as disappointing and poorly conceived as the original Flawless Definition is amazing and brilliant.

Perhaps it's because I've become used to applying mascara with a rubberized brush, but this synthetic hair-type wand sucks. It's one of those that's concave in the center and after giving it about 5 days of trying, I've given up. I cannot get this mascara to go on evenly. The brush deposits huge pools of mascara on some lashes and barely goes on to others. Try as I may, I could not get it to go on evenly or smooth out. It just sits in big blobs on my eyelashes while other lashes look nearly bare. Likewise for the Volumizing version. Both are now in the trash.

One of the worst mascaras I've used. For life-changing lashes, try the original formula. But skip this.

on 1/15/2013 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this mascara when I bought the volumizing formula, opened the box and found this inside. I decided to try it anyway and it basically made one huge clump out of my thin lashes. Am going to return

on 1/17/2013 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This mascara was in the trio box along with flawless definition original and voluminous. This was my favorite out of the other two. It really curled and lengthened my lashes. I got a lot of compliments. The lashes didn't clump nor did it flake on me throughout the day. The bristles on the brush grab each hair and evenly coats all the lashes. I am going to buy the full size because i feel that it is worth the price. I definitely recommend this mascara.