The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter

The Body Shop Chocomania Lip Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Smells lovely but as is the case with a lot of BS lip balms it leaves a white cast on your lips that doesn't sink in.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Besides the gorgeous chocolate scent and sweet taste, this butter does a pretty descent job on moisturising my dry lips. Staying power could be better, but I can live with it.

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

I love this scent in everything the body shop offers for it! I love how moisturizing this lip butter is. However, when it came to taste, I was a little confused. It tasted like it had a hint of cocoa but it also kind of tasted like soap. Overall, it's a great product.

I am in love with this product! It smells like chocolate cake and tastes like dark chocolate! It feels buttery and is not greasy at all. It makes my lips SOOO soft! I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is one of my favorite smells in the world! I wish the entire chocomania line smelled exactly like this (even though it smells lovely already). Apart from the smell, it is also very hydrating; it has a lotion effect on the lips (but I dont really have chapped lips often, just a bit dry sometimes).. Gets absorbed nicely and is transparent, making it nice for use before sleeping. I'd love it to leave a chocolate-coloured tint on the lips, but nevertheless it is perfect.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the one lip butter that ever works on me. I think it's not for the 'beauty' make up, but rather as a treatment for dry, chapped lips.
My lips dries and get chapped so fast, especially in cold area. I live in a tropical country, I love my air-con, but it dries my lips and skin around my lips :'( So, to keep my lips moist and still can sleep comfortably at night, I use this before I go to bed.
I remember when I went to other country and it snowed, my lips got really dry, chapped, and even bleed :(( it hurt so much, I couldn't even smile :(( Fortunately, I brought this product with me, and in 2 days, my chapped lips were gone!! YAY!!

Pros:
-smells nice
-really moisturizes my lips, when I apply this before I go to bed, the next morning I get a really nice, kissable lips :*
-It's really small, but it lasts a year for me (I use it every day)

Cons:
-not really fond of the packaging, you have to use your finger to apply it (I guess you can use Q-tip, but why bother?)
-not really a 'beauty' make up product as it makes my lips looks pale and whitish.
-it's a bit pricey.

on 7/11/2013 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

It is my bedside lipbalm for now. The pottle is a cute mini of the body butters. The smell is delicious which is why I would rebuy. Yum. Leaves your lips looking more pale, hence I prefer a coloured gloss for going out. Nice creamy texture.

on 4/11/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

it smells delicious but is not worth spending $15 on (in Australia)

on 11/22/2012 11:42:00 AM

I'm dissapointed with this product. It smells amazing but in some way it doesn't do enough for my very chapped and dry lips. I'ts not as moisturizing as you would expect from a lip "butter"...
I'll use it until it's finished anyways, I like to use it sometimes when I just want a nice chocolate scent on my lips but I recommend using this after exfoliating your lips because when used on chapped lips it just makes the dead skin worse...

on 10/24/2012 7:52:00 PM

Smells delish! just like hot chocolate and does a great job moisturizing the lips. I'm not liking the nude color though...it makes my lips look "dead" so I can only use at night. The jar says to use within 12 months once opened, however it only stayed fresh for about 6 then it went rancid, so use it up quick cause when it goes bad it smells awefull! I know I didn't have "old stock" because I bought the first week it was released.

Popular Lip Treatments