wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Filtered by eye Color : Green
wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

First of all this is obviously not a bronzer, and if you're going to put this product down because of this...I feel sorry for you

This is an amazing, finely milled powder that can be used as both a highlighter & a finishing powder (or setting powder...I always forget the difference. LoL).

As a highlighter it gives a natural glow, blends smoothly into the skin & is a pretty good dupe to the famous Laura Mercier baked highlighter

As a setting/finishing powder it reminds me of my Hourglass finishing powders. The finish is so similar when you lightly dust this product on the face. It gives the EXACT SAME EFFECT! Not to mention it reallyyyyy prolongs the wear of your base.

PROS:
- Finely milled
- Natural glow to the skin
- No chunky glitter
- Generous amount of product
- Blends out beautifully & melts into the skin
- Inexpensive
- Prolongs make-up wear, lasts LONG on the skin (8+ hours)
- Performs just as well if not better compared to luxury brands e.g. Hourglass

CONS:
- BULKY ASS PACKAGING... Seriously WnW why is the packaging to this series SOOOOO unnecessarily bulky?
I can't fit it into my makeup bag for travelling!!!!!
- Has kickback when you dip in your brush (but only a tiny bit)
- Restricted to fair to light skin tones

Overall, A LIFETIME repurchase. I absolutely love this product & have used it for over 3 years.

I love this stuff. I'm pretty fair skinned, with slight yellowish undertones, so this works PERFECTLY as both an under-eye setting powder, but also a all-over skin finish. I keep one that's been broken up into a loose powder in my vanity (breaking it up makes it easier to "bake" with), and i keep another one still pressed in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day.

on 8/11/2017 8:37:00 AM

I have the WNW bronzer in Ticket to Brazil and it's a definite favorite of mine, need to get another one! I didn't initially pick this up because I figured it would be too light for me. After reading other reviews that this could be used as a setting powder I decided to give it a try. For me, it's nice to set under the eyes. If I were to dust all over the face it's a little light so I think that I have to use this sparingly, such as under the eyes or as a highlighter. I initially dusted this all over my face, then followed it up with my normal bronzer and it didn't quite work.

I am glad I tried this and for the price it's reasonable. I think I have to find the right use for it though. For all over the face for me it's a pass. I think I would need a powder that doesn't have the subtle shimmer in order to use as an all over face powder, especially if I am going to follow it up with something else.

Would I purchase again, not sure. It depends on how I will be able to use it. I will give it 4 stars, it's a nice product overall.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

The packaging is very simple and product is veeeeery gooooood

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Finally found this at a CVS, and let me tell you, it lives up to the hype.

I love it as a subtle highlighter, and will use it very lightly to set my makeup. It's great for blending blush, and I'll even brush a bit on my eyelids. With blush, it gives a soft focus kind of look. I'm pretty pale, and do not find it chalky at all. You know what is chalky? The loreal true match lumi powder highlighter that is $10 dollars more.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After buying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders a few years ago I realized that they don't last long enough to justify the price. I loved the effect they gave for about an hour, but my skin is dry and it faded in no time. Reserve Your Cabana seems to last a little longer, and it's a dupe for the subtle Dim Light. It took me forever to try it, but it's good as a setting powder for an all over glow.

on 11/9/2016 3:30:00 PM

This is such an excellent powder. Highlights beautifully leaving skin with a healthy glow without being too shimmery. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 11/3/2016 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Way too shimmery as a setting powder, not shimmery enough as a highlight..chalky as well.

on 9/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

I love using this for a day to day highlighter and an eyeshadow. it is very subtle but works this is labeled as a bronzer...its super light while still being pretty. When you swatch this with your finger it looks very dry and chalky but I don't see that happening when applying it with a brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I don't really think anyone bought this as a bronzer, because my skin is nearly as light as it gets and even on me this is a highlighter. That's "the bad news".
The good news is that this makes for a rockin highlighter! It is pale, lightly and tastefully shimmery and it doesn't scream "highlighter!!!" the way some do with streaks of shimmer you can spot from a satellite. It is subtle, at least on me, and probably ideal if you're going into situations where you want to add some glow to certain facial features without having guns-blazing full makeup face going on.
This is a pale golden color that doesn't go white or orange and just kind of "melts" onto my face because it matches my skin so closely, with all the subtlety I just described. I know that other skin tones are going to have different experiences with this and may notice it standing out more.
If you are a fan of highlighters this is worth picking up and you'll get a ton of use out of it. These compacts are HUGE and easy to blend in. If you are looking for an actual bronzer, the other two shades in this line are excellent choices.