wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 11/8/2018 9:05:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I heard about this on every makeup forum, every youtube guru insisted on it, and so I finally talked myself into trying it. You get a great deal of product for the price. It is easy to apply. I just was expecting more out of it. Everyone had talked it up to sound like it was the perfect substitute for Hourglass ALP and I wanted that "lit from within" glow that they claimed this would bring. It didn't. It felt like dry powder. It looked chalky. There is nothing inherently wrong with the product, I tried it several ways and with several different application methods, I just should have held off.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think the formula has changed. The older version provided a nice subtle glow. The newer version is chalky and seems more like a translucent powder. Unfortunately, I'll have to hunt for another product that does what this product used to do.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

I purchased this to use as a cheekbone/browbone highlight based on all the glowing (no pun intended) reviews I've seen online, and I will say that this product does look nice on the skin. It's a very subtle highlight, which I like because it's workable for daytime and the office, yet it's buildable. The best aspect of this product is most definitely the price - I think I paid $3 for mine when it was on sale at Rite Aid. However, I have two big issues with this product. The first, and the reason I waited so long to purchase it in the first place is the ingredient list. For some inexplicable reason, this product contains sunscreen; whether you use it as a bronzer or a highlight, I can't understand why anyone would want SPF 15 in a product they are only using on part of their face! Even worse, it contains chemical sunscreens, which tend to irritate my skin, but I gave it a shot anyway because of the price. Sure enough, after using this product for a few weeks I did notice red bumps and breakouts along my cheekbones, and immediately after I stopped using this product the redness cleared up. My second big complaint is the packaging - the lid is domed, so it takes up much more space than necessary. After a few months of gentle use, the packaging ultimately broke - the plastic piece that keeps it snapped shut broke off. At that point I couldn't even give the product away to a friend, so I had to toss it.
Bottom line: if you're not sensitive to chemical sunscreens, give this a try because it might be your new best friend, but otherwise stay away until they maybe reformulate/repackage, as they've been doing with so many of their other products recently.

I bought this after reading tons of reviews saying it works really well as a highlighter. I'd been looking for a good highlighter that wouldn't cost a fortune, and I had high hopes for this. Unfortunately it just doesn't show up on my skin, so highlight it does not. However, it works well as an eyeshadow base to help with blending. I tried using it as an all-over face powder, and it looked nice in artificial lighting but made me look like a total greaseball in the sun. It also felt weird when applied to my whole face -- I could definitely tell I had powder on and it didn't feel natural at all.

I like that you get so much product for like $5, and it smells really nice. However, it's really powdery, so I always tap the excess of my brushes before applying. Overall, I think it's okay, but I wouldn't repurchase because it doesn't do what I wanted it to do.

on 7/17/2015 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this as a highlighter, which it wasn't good at, because it doesn't catch enough light. But I've discovered that I love this as an allover setting powder. My skin is on the drier side, so when combined with a shimmery blush like Milani Luminoso or MAC Warm Soul on the apples of my cheeks, this powder really brightens up my complexion in a way that looks glowing and natural. It catches just the right amount of light without looking shimmery or greasy. The compact is flimsy, but at $3-4, who cares?!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I love this so much. I use it all over. It's a subtle sheen on my skin. It's finely milled and not in your face glitter.

on 1/26/2015 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I actually use this as a bronzer. Most bronzer just looks like mud on my extremely fair skin. It's the best I have found that doesn't muddy up my complexion and lasts for hours, with a setting spray and use over a primer or foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hermoso...mi piel es mixta y me encanta el efecto de las bases que dan un toque glow a la piel pero siempre sacan grasa.Queria iluminar mi piel de alguna forma con un bronzer. .pero termine con reserve your cabana y resulto que me dio ese efecto glow color hueso!!! hermosooooo sobre mi base!! dura ene puesto y lo mejor es que NO TIENE GLITTER.

on 5/23/2014 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I'm in agreement with many others on this site. THIS IS NOT BRONZER! It's way too light to be considered a bronzer, and you don't get much paler than me. That doesn't mean it's not a fantastic product. I gently tap a powder brush in this and apply it all over my face as a luminizer. The gentle warmth and tiny shimmer of this product brings my face to life. Unlike a lot of the luminizers on the market, this isn't too shiny and the color isn't too pink, so it doesn't compete with my red hair. And you get TONS of product for about $3.00 dollars.

on 4/26/2014 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I saw this in the store and wondered why on earth a product so light would be marketed as a bronzer. Once I got back home I did some research, and found that W'n'W had intended this to be a highlighter. In fact Reserve Your Cabana is a match for their now discontinued Acapulco Glow. As I'm a MAC NW23 and where most highlighters are concerned they do not complement my skin tone and undertones, I figured I'd give this a go. Well, I love this product. It is very soft and smooth, no chalkiness. There is a beautiful luminosity to it without the pixy dust/ arts-and-crafts glitter most highlighters and illuminators can have. My first few uses I was very light with my application, gradually I've learned that this is a build-able product and I need not fear the "melting fairy face." I used my E.L.F. Studio Blush Brush to apply above my eyebrows, sweeping up my cheekbones, down my nose, above my lip, and upon my chin then gently blending. The bonus SPF made me feel better about putting it on in the morning. The staying power has been impressive, at 14+ hours. I tend to have sensitive skin and had no issues with breakouts or irritation. I must say at $3.89 at a Nt Wt of 0.46 oz the pan is quite impressive when compared to some of my other fave products. I went back today and got Bikini Contest, I'll review on it after I've had a few days to experiment with it. It's well worth the $$ and really leaves you with a glowing complexion. After two weeks of daily use I'm loving it, and will definitely purchase it again!!