wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Filtered by skin type : Combination
wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 12/29/2018 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

The only reason why I would not buy this product again is because a part of it broke after one week and I did not drop it. The rest of the product broke on me two weeks after that.
That being said, it is a really subtle highlighter with no glitter, great for oily skin. The packaging is bulky, but it contains a lot of product, so it has a great value.
It retails for 4.99 euro for 13 gr/0.46 oz in Spain.
Wet n Wild is cruelty-free

on 10/12/2018 11:36:00 AM

The best drugstore hilighter of all time!!!
When it comes to hilighter I love a subtle glow more than a BAM in your face hilighter. This is why Reserve your cabana done it for me, it give me a subtle glow from within look. And it's dirt cheap, you get a lot of product for a very cheap price.

First of all this is obviously not a bronzer, and if you're going to put this product down because of this...I feel sorry for you

This is an amazing, finely milled powder that can be used as both a highlighter & a finishing powder (or setting powder...I always forget the difference. LoL).

As a highlighter it gives a natural glow, blends smoothly into the skin & is a pretty good dupe to the famous Laura Mercier baked highlighter

As a setting/finishing powder it reminds me of my Hourglass finishing powders. The finish is so similar when you lightly dust this product on the face. It gives the EXACT SAME EFFECT! Not to mention it reallyyyyy prolongs the wear of your base.

PROS:
- Finely milled
- Natural glow to the skin
- No chunky glitter
- Generous amount of product
- Blends out beautifully & melts into the skin
- Inexpensive
- Prolongs make-up wear, lasts LONG on the skin (8+ hours)
- Performs just as well if not better compared to luxury brands e.g. Hourglass

CONS:
- BULKY ASS PACKAGING... Seriously WnW why is the packaging to this series SOOOOO unnecessarily bulky?
I can't fit it into my makeup bag for travelling!!!!!
- Has kickback when you dip in your brush (but only a tiny bit)
- Restricted to fair to light skin tones

Overall, A LIFETIME repurchase. I absolutely love this product & have used it for over 3 years.

Not sure about the ''new'' formula, this review is for the old one. As a natural makeup lover I absolutely adore this powder. I use it as a shadow & as a light highlighter. The price is good, you get a lot of product, the powder is very smooth, the brand is cruelty-free. Maybe the wear time could be better but it's not a big problem for me to be honest as most of heavy waterproof kind of products break me out anyway.

The quality of the powder is nice, especially when compared to the product it replaced in WnW's original line. This one is finely milled, and has a lot of "kick-up" when using it with a brush. Has SPF 15.

Gives off a really fine sheen, not for those looking for a more intense highlighter. Tried to use it as a translucent powder once-big mistake. My forehead looked cakey and a bit orange. Works much better under the eyes.

on 8/11/2017 8:37:00 AM

I have the WNW bronzer in Ticket to Brazil and it's a definite favorite of mine, need to get another one! I didn't initially pick this up because I figured it would be too light for me. After reading other reviews that this could be used as a setting powder I decided to give it a try. For me, it's nice to set under the eyes. If I were to dust all over the face it's a little light so I think that I have to use this sparingly, such as under the eyes or as a highlighter. I initially dusted this all over my face, then followed it up with my normal bronzer and it didn't quite work.

I am glad I tried this and for the price it's reasonable. I think I have to find the right use for it though. For all over the face for me it's a pass. I think I would need a powder that doesn't have the subtle shimmer in order to use as an all over face powder, especially if I am going to follow it up with something else.

Would I purchase again, not sure. It depends on how I will be able to use it. I will give it 4 stars, it's a nice product overall.

on 8/3/2017 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is so good, especially when you consider it was only $4 from the drugstore.

I did wonder if this stuff would be too dark for me, as I am NW10-15ish but it works great. On days where I want more subtle makeup, I reach for this as my highlighter, but also use it to set my undereye concealer to brighten the area. It's not like those out-there highlighters which leave a streak across your face, but instead it just gives you that slight glow from within. It is quite powdery (and so I do think it might be more susceptible to breakage, but thankfully mine hasn't), so it's worth bearing in mind, but if you use a light hand it'll be fine (plus, I tend to spray Mac Fix+ most of the time anyway, which removes any powderyness). There's also a lot of product in the pan, although the curved lid does make this product difficult to store, but it's only a minor complaint. I think it's one of those products everyone needs to at least try, because it's so cheap, that even if it doesn't work for you, it's not a big deal, and if you're anything like me, you'll be pleasantly surprised!

on 5/28/2017 11:10:00 PM

I almost wasn't going to buy this, since it's labelled as a bronzer and it's obvious just by looking at it that it's way too light for probably anyone to use as a bronzer. However, I noticed this keeps getting rave reviews as an HG highlighter so I decided to try it out (3.99 nothing to lose). For me this doesn't do anything as a highlight whatsoever. Applying it in the cheekbones after my powder foundation or setting powder...I just felt like I was applying another layer of powder that matches my skin color. So of course I decided to try it as a setting powder...and I love it for that. Did I need another setting powder? Of course not. But do I love finding cheap thrills and dupes such as this one where you get a huge pan of powder for less than $5? Yaaaaas! I've never tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder that this a supposed dupe for...but I can say this gives my skin a pretty glow and it diffuses imperfections on my skin without emphasizing fine lines, pores, or dry patches. I used it today over only concealer, in a light dusting with my ELF Kabuki brush, added a little Physicians Formula nude glow highlight, spritzed with my ELF setting spray to melt it in, and my skin was looking glowy and sunkissed...so good that even now, at midnight, I'm delaying taking my makeup off because it looks so pretty. Ridiculous. I think I'll be using this all summer, and already repurchased in case they ever discontinue. This is worth your four dollars no matter how you choose to use it...

on 3/15/2017 9:59:00 PM

This a great drugstore highlighter. It's a creamy powder that provides a soft glow, perfect for everyday. I haven't tried it as a setting powder but I know many ppl love it for that. This powder melts into the skin and doesn't emphasize texture/fine lines. I don't think this is a dupe for the Ambient Lighting Powders. It's similar but not a dupe. I have dim lights. The tone is different and Wnw is more of an actual 'highlighter'. I like it just as much tho.

Pros:
Affordable.
Easy to find.
Soft, creamy powder.
Perfect for everyday wear.
Blends easily and does not sit on the skin.
Glitter free.

Cons:
Packaging is a little clunky and cheap.
If you drop it the powder will break bc it's so soft.

If you like a natural highlight this a great find, cheap or not.

on 12/31/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this after much hesitation because damn in the pan and it's so close to my skin tone, and I heard people say it's very subtle, I was so afraid it was not gonna show up. Luckily it does! It's so so beautiful, you can definitely tell it's there when the light hits it, but it's never overbearing. It's a gentle soft glow that loks very soft focused and airbrushed. It's definitely not at all gliterry, and in a way it can be quite "matte", as in it evens out my skin texture and does not emphasize the acne scars and pores on my cheeks on bit. This is the highlight I reach for even on my worse skin day. I wouldn't use it anywhere else other than the high points of my face though, I tried it for under eye brightening, nope that's too frosty. The powder is very soft to the touch, a bit powdery on the finger and kicks up lots of powder even when dabbed lightly with a brush. I don't mind because it's a 13 grams pan. It lasts very well on the skin, easily last through a whole 8 hour work day, but beyond that point I can hardly see it on my cheek anymore. In itself, it's not supposed to be a wham bam standout highlight anyway, it starts out sublte and fade very gracefully (some highlights, like the elf Moonlight Pearls fades from an initial even glow to a splotchy glittery mess on me). Overall, I'm very pleased with is highlight, I highly recommend this, if it shows up on you of course. The colour veers suuuuuper close to my skin tone (yellow-olive undertone), but fortunately it still has enough shine and the lacks of a similar olive undertone helps it show on my skin. If you're a very ligh skinned pinky-yellow leaning person then I reckon it'd show up. Then again, it's a great product that even if it doesn't shuit my skin tone, I'd happily pass it on to a friend.
Since I'm so in love with this product, again, I'm in constant fear that Wet'n'Wild will discontinue it. But they do have a tendency to rehash popular formulas and bring them back to life under new names so I still have hope. It's definitely a staple product for me. The packaging is a bit bulky and flimsy though, but the price and the quality make everything right.