wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Filtered by skin tone : Other
wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I was swayed by the reviews of this, but it looks terrible on my dry, fair, 40-something winter skin. I tried it in a few places:
- It has no glow on my cheeks. It doesn't show up at all except to show texture.
- It cakes in fine lines under my eyes and on my forehead.
- It makes my eyelids look creepy and crepey and powdery like Marie Antoinette (not in a Kirsten Dunst way).

Not sure about the highlighting properties others have mentioned? It somehow manages to look like nothing and horrible at the same time on me. At least it was only a $4 risk.

EDITED to say: I tried it as a highlighting landing strip down my nose and it filled in my pores and looked vaguely luminous. I added one lippie for that.

on 10/18/2017 11:19:00 PM

My. For $4 I feel like I stole this. I’m currently rocking a fading tan on naturally... oh, NC15? NC20? skin. This is the best highlight for my oily skin I have found. I like a subtle, delicate highlight. I don’t want my highlight to be visible from the ISS in orbit. Many, many highlighters look nice for two hours but ultimately mix with my natural oiliness in an unfortunate, grease enhancing way. But I don’t have cheekbones so I want SOME sort of highlight!

If I use this on my “cheekbones” only? Fabulous. It is a smidge lighter than my skin (currently), has a super subtle sheen and a very flattering blurring effect on any imperfections. (I’m 40, there are some of those!) Some too-matte powders make fine lines pop out, some shimmery highlights make texture and pores look... unfortunate... this is a happy medium that does neither.

Yeah, it’s in a crap package. I don’t even care. If it is this nice of a product in a nice big functional pan, I wouldn’t care if it was pressed on a paper plate for $4.

I also love Ticket to Brazil for an actual bronzer. This is more of a natural subtle highlighter, which I’m sure drier skinned folk with light skin could use all over even. Together they are amazing and next summer will be a great partnership!

on 8/11/2017 8:37:00 AM

I have the WNW bronzer in Ticket to Brazil and it's a definite favorite of mine, need to get another one! I didn't initially pick this up because I figured it would be too light for me. After reading other reviews that this could be used as a setting powder I decided to give it a try. For me, it's nice to set under the eyes. If I were to dust all over the face it's a little light so I think that I have to use this sparingly, such as under the eyes or as a highlighter. I initially dusted this all over my face, then followed it up with my normal bronzer and it didn't quite work.

I am glad I tried this and for the price it's reasonable. I think I have to find the right use for it though. For all over the face for me it's a pass. I think I would need a powder that doesn't have the subtle shimmer in order to use as an all over face powder, especially if I am going to follow it up with something else.

Would I purchase again, not sure. It depends on how I will be able to use it. I will give it 4 stars, it's a nice product overall.

on 4/23/2016 8:01:00 PM

If you are medium to light skinned, this is the best damn highlighter you will ever own! Lots of produce for very little cost. It is perfect for day time wear, so no glitter. Prefer this over high end ones. Unfortunately if you're darker skinned it might look ashy on your skin.

I bought it on eBay bc of the hype...really doesn't show on my nc 20 skin, if I wet it it does give a slight sheen that is ok but doesn't last . I would not repurchase I'll buy a better quality highlighter

Edit 5/4/16: I'm still using this for my setting powder for my MU. I just bought another (last 1 on the display), I thought there was a lot of product in there that it would be impossible to finish but I have hit pan the last 1 I got & had a couple b4 since writing. The lid came off the current 1, I don't know how to reattach it but I'm over half ways+ done w it so it's alright. It sits on my vanity & doesn't travel w me so it is aiiiight. This is the best setting powder from the DS! It has a slight luminosity which rocks! I was buying MAC Blot Powder which is hella expensive but sometimes I don't want to over mattify my face or want a more dewy look (not greasy), then my secret for natural dewy skin is to use benefit porefessional (to control oil, I can't go w purely just naked skin), then lightly apply this powder. Doesn't fail me! U can add in some highlighter if desired too the new peony 1 from wnw is gr8! I "was" buying Maybelline fit me matte poreless but matte can be so flat & 1 dimensional & if it gets too dewy I use blot films later in the day. I love, loooove, LOVE this powder!! I will deffo keep rebuying it. It's a staple product I don't want to be without! I have like, 2 new 1s & that partially used 1, but I woulda picked up more of them coz I'm a hoarder. I love this powder ohh did I say that already? :-) best items wnw makes are many including this powder & H2OProof liquid eyeliner :-) :-) :-)
---
Original Review: I'm using this as an all over "softly within lit" intentions & this powder is pretty good for that! I don't feel guilty dipping into it like my Hourglass Ambient Light that I always felt bad if I had to whisk any excess away w my brush. It's a pretty good dupe for $4 when Hourglass palette >$50 which is the most ridic thing in my makeup collection but this huge pan for $4?? Hook a sistah up! I was hoping to poss use this for strobing but it's more of an all over powder. I am in MAC NC20 & N3 Loreal True Match. This is another example of a high quality affordable DS option. They give u a lifetime supply in this compact no mirror/applicator but surely u jest if ur gonna take this anywhere w u. Not travel friendly! I almost always see at least 1 if not more smashed compacts in the display. 1 lippie off for that. But yah if ur into the dewy look or even a little bit of strobing (to wear under ur strobe product), u should get this!

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is lovely highlighter especially or someone whos just starting to do makeup and doesnt want to spend tons of money on expensive stuff.
Only problem i have with this why the hell would you call it a bronzer like whats up wet'n'wild change the name fir crist sake.

on 2/11/2014 8:57:00 PM

I bought this because it was 40% off at Rite Aid and it matches my skin color. Therefore I thought it would make a good finishing powder. Looks slightly pale in the pan, but evened me out and gave me a slight glow when applied. To be honest, I used the same brush I previously was using for my Candlelight powder without washing it out first, because I was so eager to try this product. Therefore, I cannot judge whether this is truly matte or more luminizing, or if it would look natural in the sun. :( My bad. But this is cheaper than dirt, and you'll probably be glad you tried it if you have the chance!
UPDATE: This broke one me when I dropped it (almost was empty anyway) and I bought another right away! This was great for "baking" my makeup when I was in a hot and sticky city this summer. The SPF helps me a lot in the summer, though I might not need it in winter. Upping this to a 5 because it wore well in extreme heat and I use it daily. It is awesome and so cheap!

on 1/14/2014 5:12:00 PM

Amazing! Seriously, a gorgeous setting powder. I saw a dupe video on You Tube comparing this to one of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders. This was a great substitution for one of the shades from the Hourglass line, I believe it was Diffused light, the more yellow-based shade (just go to You Tube and search for Wet N Wild Reserve your Cabana and it's the video titled "DUPE ALERT!!! Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder $4 Drugstore Dupe!"). I agree that this is the best dupe out there for the price, easy accessibility and the simple paraben-free ingredient list (and WnW is a cruelty free brand which is a must in my book!) which makes this my go-to setting powder. It is gorgeous and gives you this lit-from-within glow...nothing like a highlighter with tons of sheen or shimmer but, rather, an overall softness that blurs your imperfections. I use it under my eyes and very lightly all over my face. It doesn't settle into my fine lines or large pores and it doesn't make me look greasy. I am so very happy with this product and recommend it all the time.