wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

"Reserve Your Cabana" is one of the newly released Color Icon bronzers from Wet N Wild. Its a medium beige champagne color. On my very fair skin it adds a bit of warmth and glow. Overall, I like it and I think the SPF 15 is an added bonus.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I'm an NC20 and this is the best face powder I've ever used. I used to like Fresh but it was $45 and offered very subtle (almost setting powder like) coverage after liquid but couldn't really stand up to the task alone.

This powder is intended as a highlight but has no shimmer. It's a subtle kind of buttery highlighter with some tan/yellowness to it, like a gold sheen almost but no shimmer. The consistency is very high quality. I can't believe this sells for so cheap.

For $3.99 you get .46 oz. Good luck finding any other high end bronzer in such huge amounts for under $20. MSF is $29 for .36 oz.

This applies like a dream and can build or be sheered out. The feel is nice, nothing heavy. I have normal skin that tends to lean dry in the winter and this was okay for my skin as long as I moisturized first, otherwise, it does settle in those rough patches.

Best highlighter ever, suitable for all-over use on the face! I'm going to try to score a few backups before they stop stocking it. Also picked up the middle shade (something about Brazil, I think?) and it's also very nice, just not as nice as this all-over powder :)

on 3/11/2012 6:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

since my skintone is medium to tan, i obviously use this pale shade as a highlighter rather than a bronzer. i usually prefer a cool pinky highlight color because i'm already so warm that adding more warmth can make me look sick & tired! however, Reserve Your Cabana is an almost completely neutral white/gold/ivory that leans only slightly warm, and it's very flattering. it's luminous (not sparkly) and smooth (not chalky), making it a steal for 4 bucks.

i took off a lippie because the packaging does not look like it's going to be all that durable, and also there's a ton of pre-application fallout. when i swirl my skunk brush in the compact, i notice piles of powder all over it, which is messy.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great highlighter & all-over powder! If you are fair skinned, this is a great mild bronzer so you look ever so slightly tanned but won't show up if you're darker than NC20. It's touted as a dupe of the Lorac highlight & the swatches look really similar. It's also supposed to be the re-release of the beloved Acapulco Glow but it has SPF15 in it so the texture & look is a bit different. I still love it though.
AS A HIGHLIGHT: This has a beautiful mild sheen to it with no sparkles or glitter. If you want a shiny highlight, this won't do it for you because the sheen is fairly mild & subtle.
AS A POWDER: I have very dry skin & I like to use this lightly as an all over powder to set my makeup because it doesn't leave my skin matte, dry & flat looking. You can also mix it into other powders by dabbing a loose powder brush in this, then in a matte powder foundation to give the powder some more life. I dab a bit of this, then dab a bit of the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF50 & it works beautifully!
CON: As a warning, this is extremely powdery--even the slightest touch leaves fine powder all over the product & packaging. The fallout shows how buttery soft this product is.
I think this is the best multipurpose powder there is & its ability to liven up other powders & foundation makes it a marvel!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I am very very pale (NW10) and most bronzers make me look ruddy or dirty. This is the first bronzer I've found that simply adds a soft golden glow to my face. It is shimmery but not sparkly and is a light warm beige color. I imagine people with darker skin tones can use it as a highlighter, but pale people rejoice! for this is the perfect shade for Those Who Cannot Tan. The SPF 15 is nice but seems unnecessary since I won't be applying an even layer to my entire face (who does that?). Also, the container is huge! The pan is as big as the palm of my hand and contains .46 oz.

The main drawback is that when I use my bronzer brush, it kicks up a lot of powder in the pan. Since there is a small gap between the lid of the container and the base, the powder has a tendency to get all over my other makeup. If it weren't for that design flaw, this would get 5 lippies.

Note: Apparently this is the same as the discontinued Acapulco Glow, but reformulated with sunscreen.

on 3/15/2012 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Caveat, if you're looking for the discontinued Alcapulco Glow WnW discontinued bronzer, this is not the same. The former had a peach, irridescent tone to it, it was also much more shimmery. Comparions are being made due to this being the only other fair shade of powder labeled "bronzer," by WnW. It came in the older, rectangular type packaging and had no spf. I liked AG but it always irritated my skin. This comes in a very large, round compact. Its a warm, beige with a buttery soft texture akin to WnW brulee eye shadow but a little more powdery and with a satiny finish. I have very fair, olive skin but this is too light for me to use as a bronzer. It does work as a highlighter for both cheeks and eyes. Its a good all over eye color base too. I knew when I bought it that it would not be a bronzer for me so I am not disappointed. I was told at Walgreens that this was limited edition, i have not seen this elsewhere. I got all 3 shades, one is a deep gold, based bronzer, and a deep red based one. Both have the same satin finish. I love the redder one, in my opinion red based bronzers emulate natural tans. I have been using it even more than my Bobbi Brown bronzer lately. The goldish one I like best on eyes, nice all over color. That one broke, I returned it, the 2nd one broke too. These are quite soft and prone to a little flyaway powder but not a big issue. When traveling I placed this in a bubble wrap mailer. I love the amt you get for under $5.00 U.S. I do not break out from any of these. I wish I had gotten back ups and will if I see these again. The spf is low but its a good start.

on 3/29/2012 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got this as I was lemming a different highlighter that was super pricey. While this was not a good substitute, for what it is, it's nice. It's dirt cheap, a lot of product, and a nice subtle sheen highlighter. SPF is a plus IMO. It is extremely fine milled so results in massive fall out...also if you put too much on or all over your face it can be powdery, so use a careful hand and you should be set. I said I would buy again, but I'm not sure. It's nice to have but not a must.

on 5/3/2012 12:07:00 PM

This stuff is great! I took 2 lippies off for cheapo packaging - but who cares about that when the product itself is so damn good? It's soft as butter, super spreadable,and extremely long lasting,without changing color. And what a color - light golden bronze,with just enough shimmer to catch the light in the most flattering way possible.Makes a great subtle eye color too,if applied with a small brush. And it has some SPF,which IMO is ALWAYS a bonus. Plus - can the price be beat? All in all,an excellent product - try it,you'll like it!!

Wow. I can't believe I haven't written a review on this yet! I love this stuff! I honestly wish it'd come in a creme/mousse version for summer. I love it that much. The powder version is still pretty awesome though. I wear it on my cheek bones, nose & right above my lips (cupid's bow). With my cheeks I wear it under the Wet N Wild blush in Mellow Wine. This gives a very glowy and natural look to the blush. Unfortunately this doesn't last all day and by about mid day my blush is gone and so is the glow. So it starts out fantastic and ends blah. So cream or cream stick version (NYC had a stick that they discontinued that was awesome) would be fantastic of WNW. My over all rating of this is a 4 'cause it starts out awesome and I do love it. But not a 5 'cause it doesn't last.

on 5/22/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Oh wow this is a great powder. I would not call it a bronzer, it is much more of a highlighter. But here's the fun perk: it has sheer coverage! I've noticed that with all foundations I break out at least a little but usually I break out a lot. I am making the switch to no foundation (or only wear it for special occasions). But sometimes I want coverage for everyday outings, just not a lot so it doesn't interfere with my skin-rehab routine and not use too many products on the majority of my skin. I love highlighting and I just bought the Boots Illuminating lotion (which is amazing too, especially mixed with a little extra moisturizer on top of my regular moisturizer layer), but I thought this can be a setting powder for that illuminating lotion. It has a setting powder's coverage (very light, but I'd say it's more opaque than most highlighters).

The "shimmer finish" is a natural sheen with a light skin color as a base --- you're not likely to use this as a colored blush or a real bronzer. Not shimmery like a shimmer eyeshadow, not glittery with large particles, this is mean sheen satiny smooth uninterrupted highlighting goodness. This does not emphasize my pores like theBalm Mary Lou Manizer (can't figure out how to use it up, I might as well give up honestly or put it up for swap) which I was using previously but with dry skin it just ended up highlighting my dryest parts (my cheeks). Reserve Your Cabana does not highlight my pores, it actually makes my skin look really smooth. The powder is a very soft texture and feels high end...actually kind of like their Brulee eyeshadow's texture.