Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana
Reserve Your CabanaReserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I loved this powder for a long time but I have started to not like it as much. I have very fair skin and I liked this because it was a nice, subtle highlight. After a while, it starts to oxidize so bad! Whenever I put it on, it looked like a nice, champagne color. After an hour, it turned pretty dark. I've heard people say that they used it to set their undereye. I tried that and it oxidized pretty bad there too. The packaging sucks as well. The lid breaks off after a while and makes it hard to travel with. If you have a tendency to oxidize, stay away from this!

on 1/25/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use it as a setting powder and as subtle highlighter. I apply it all over my face with a fluffy brush. What a wonderfull finish! A must have product!

on 12/31/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this after much hesitation because damn in the pan and it's so close to my skin tone, and I heard people say it's very subtle, I was so afraid it was not gonna show up. Luckily it does! It's so so beautiful, you can definitely tell it's there when the light hits it, but it's never overbearing. It's a gentle soft glow that loks very soft focused and airbrushed. It's definitely not at all gliterry, and in a way it can be quite "matte", as in it evens out my skin texture and does not emphasize the acne scars and pores on my cheeks on bit. This is the highlight I reach for even on my worse skin day. I wouldn't use it anywhere else other than the high points of my face though, I tried it for under eye brightening, nope that's too frosty. The powder is very soft to the touch, a bit powdery on the finger and kicks up lots of powder even when dabbed lightly with a brush. I don't mind because it's a 13 grams pan. It lasts very well on the skin, easily last through a whole 8 hour work day, but beyond that point I can hardly see it on my cheek anymore. In itself, it's not supposed to be a wham bam standout highlight anyway, it starts out sublte and fade very gracefully (some highlights, like the elf Moonlight Pearls fades from an initial even glow to a splotchy glittery mess on me). Overall, I'm very pleased with is highlight, I highly recommend this, if it shows up on you of course. The colour veers suuuuuper close to my skin tone (yellow-olive undertone), but fortunately it still has enough shine and the lacks of a similar olive undertone helps it show on my skin. If you're a very ligh skinned pinky-yellow leaning person then I reckon it'd show up. Then again, it's a great product that even if it doesn't shuit my skin tone, I'd happily pass it on to a friend.
Since I'm so in love with this product, again, I'm in constant fear that Wet'n'Wild will discontinue it. But they do have a tendency to rehash popular formulas and bring them back to life under new names so I still have hope. It's definitely a staple product for me. The packaging is a bit bulky and flimsy though, but the price and the quality make everything right.

on 12/12/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A very good dupe for Hourglass ALP. Even though this is a bronzer, I use it as a setting powder. It has a good velvetine look when on the face. I cannot use this without some sort of setting/moisture spray, bc if not, it gets a little too dry and powdery for me. But this face finish for this price - thumbs up! One minus though, its very soft and you easily get a lot of extra powder. Look for swatches online of this and the ALP powders - almost impossible to tell the difference!

I feel like I'm the only person in the planet who doesn't like Reserve Your Cabana (for it's typical uses - go to bottom to see how I DO use it). It is too dark for me to use as a highlight, too light to use as a bronzer, and I don't need a finishing powder.

This is really too close to my skin color, it doesn't really show up in any appreciable way apart from adding some shimmer. I do love the tones though, clear and golden, not orange or muddy. I wish I could find a product like this that is one shade down and one shade up. The texture is great, you get a load of product, but the color doesn't do anything for me.

Right now I'm packing it in heavy as an all over eyeshadow on minimal makeup days. I have very pigmented lids, so it does help lighten them up for cheap. Added: since it's so close to my skin color I also use this to cover up/buff out my contour/cheeks if I go in too heavy. I do appreciate it for that.
Added: I found an awesome use for this! You know those super pigmented Sleek blushes? Slap this on your cheeks as a base powder, dip your brush in, THEN tap your blush gently. Makes a LOT of colors wearable for pale girls, but still keeps the colors clear and bright.

on 11/9/2016 3:30:00 PM

This is such an excellent powder. Highlights beautifully leaving skin with a healthy glow without being too shimmery. I hope they never discontinue this.

on 11/3/2016 8:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought this is hopes of it being a dupe or at least similar to the Fresh face lustre which was discontinued, which was basically a highlighted setting powder. This has a nice a fine consistency but i found it too much for setting my entire face, but i do really enjoy using this as a nice subtle highlight! It does look very nice and "natural." I think it's worth a try considering the low price. Only thing i don't like about this is the flimsy and big packaging

nice subtle highlight. you get a ton of product for the price. overall great deal and will repurchase.

on 9/29/2016 12:54:00 PM

I knew before purchasing that this is a highlighter, but still confused as to why it's labeled as a bronzer.. but doesn't matter. This is fantastic. However, it doesn't suit my skin tone when I've gotten some sun...which only happens for a week out of the year. Other than that, it's a fantastic and subtle highlighter that I love using on my cheekbones. There's no visible chunks and it just melts into my skin. It doesn't wear off too quickly either, although it helps that I use UD all nighter. I'd repurchase if I ever go through the pan.

on 9/12/2016 5:36:00 PM

good for beginners or someone who just doesn't want a strong highlight. its very subtle and works good as an eyeshadow as well.