wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.3

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Not sure about the ''new'' formula, this review is for the old one. As a natural makeup lover I absolutely adore this powder. I use it as a shadow & as a light highlighter. The price is good, you get a lot of product, the powder is very smooth, the brand is cruelty-free. Maybe the wear time could be better but it's not a big problem for me to be honest as most of heavy waterproof kind of products break me out anyway.

on 4/29/2018 3:13:00 AM

I had them shipped from USA and any broke . Love the soft texture of this product , slight shimmer and gives the skin a beautiful gleam . Love it and so cheap

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think the formula has changed. The older version provided a nice subtle glow. The newer version is chalky and seems more like a translucent powder. Unfortunately, I'll have to hunt for another product that does what this product used to do.

I was swayed by the reviews of this, but it looks terrible on my dry, fair, 40-something winter skin. I tried it in a few places:
- It has no glow on my cheeks. It doesn't show up at all except to show texture.
- It cakes in fine lines under my eyes and on my forehead.
- It makes my eyelids look creepy and crepey and powdery like Marie Antoinette (not in a Kirsten Dunst way).

Not sure about the highlighting properties others have mentioned? It somehow manages to look like nothing and horrible at the same time on me. At least it was only a $4 risk.

EDITED to say: I tried it as a highlighting landing strip down my nose and it filled in my pores and looked vaguely luminous. I added one lippie for that.

The quality of the powder is nice, especially when compared to the product it replaced in WnW's original line. This one is finely milled, and has a lot of "kick-up" when using it with a brush. Has SPF 15.

Gives off a really fine sheen, not for those looking for a more intense highlighter. Tried to use it as a translucent powder once-big mistake. My forehead looked cakey and a bit orange. Works much better under the eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this intending to use it as highlighter. It doesn't glow much. If you are fair skinned, it can be a finishing powder or something, but I didn't think it really glowed on me. I have been watching way too much YouTube.

on 10/18/2017 11:19:00 PM

My. For $4 I feel like I stole this. I’m currently rocking a fading tan on naturally... oh, NC15? NC20? skin. This is the best highlight for my oily skin I have found. I like a subtle, delicate highlight. I don’t want my highlight to be visible from the ISS in orbit. Many, many highlighters look nice for two hours but ultimately mix with my natural oiliness in an unfortunate, grease enhancing way. But I don’t have cheekbones so I want SOME sort of highlight!

If I use this on my “cheekbones” only? Fabulous. It is a smidge lighter than my skin (currently), has a super subtle sheen and a very flattering blurring effect on any imperfections. (I’m 40, there are some of those!) Some too-matte powders make fine lines pop out, some shimmery highlights make texture and pores look... unfortunate... this is a happy medium that does neither.

Yeah, it’s in a crap package. I don’t even care. If it is this nice of a product in a nice big functional pan, I wouldn’t care if it was pressed on a paper plate for $4.

I also love Ticket to Brazil for an actual bronzer. This is more of a natural subtle highlighter, which I’m sure drier skinned folk with light skin could use all over even. Together they are amazing and next summer will be a great partnership!

I love this stuff. I'm pretty fair skinned, with slight yellowish undertones, so this works PERFECTLY as both an under-eye setting powder, but also a all-over skin finish. I keep one that's been broken up into a loose powder in my vanity (breaking it up makes it easier to "bake" with), and i keep another one still pressed in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day.

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am an nc30 and this looks like a natural highlight on me when using a light hand. There's no glitter or shimmer. Just a nice sheen. It's a little powdery but i just spray some setting spray all over to bind all my makeup together. This came in the biggest pan ever! It's so bulky and annoyingly cheap. But hey, it's $4. I would have to say the pure nude highlighter by essence is way better.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this highlighter. I am tan in skin tone so this is a bit light on me so I like to sweep a bit of a golden highlights on my cheekbones to make it match. It is a subtle glow and it is natural. If you are fair to medium you really love this. The formula is amazing it is so smooth and not chunky and it just provides the beautiful-est glow ever. The price is also good it is four dollars at the drugstore, but I got it for a dollar after coupons. The packaging is also good. My highlighter broke and it shattered and when I tilt it up a bit of it falls out of the packaging, however I mixed a bit of the powder with baby oil to make a DIY liquid highlighter and it is amazingly pretty so I would suggest doing that as well if you want a liquid highlighter free of cost. I really love this highlighter and I would purchase it, Probably in a different shade though that would match my skin tone but the formula is really good and I have tried a different shade before and the formula is consistent. All in all, it is the best highlighter formula at this price point I have used and it is highly recommended by me.