Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana
Reserve Your CabanaReserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 3/22/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had this for a while but I forgot to use it. Since I start wearing it I have been getting compliments almost everyday. This is how I use it, I use it as powder to set my makeup. Then for large pores I use stippling brush. I would say that contour is must after using this otherwise my face look BIG. I look radiant but not glittery. I am so glad I tried.

on 3/15/2017 9:59:00 PM

This a great drugstore highlighter. It's a creamy powder that provides a soft glow, perfect for everyday. I haven't tried it as a setting powder but I know many ppl love it for that. This powder melts into the skin and doesn't emphasize texture/fine lines. I don't think this is a dupe for the Ambient Lighting Powders. It's similar but not a dupe. I have dim lights. The tone is different and Wnw is more of an actual 'highlighter'. I like it just as much tho.

Pros:
Affordable.
Easy to find.
Soft, creamy powder.
Perfect for everyday wear.
Blends easily and does not sit on the skin.
Glitter free.

Cons:
Packaging is a little clunky and cheap.
If you drop it the powder will break bc it's so soft.

If you like a natural highlight this a great find, cheap or not.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've heard that this is a dupe for Hourglass Ambient as well as the MAC natural skinfinish (swept lightly across the face rather than in concentrated parts). I can't attest to that, but I can say for sure that this is beautiful and attractive on all sorts of skin tones without looking overly glittery or too noticeable.

I could see people wearing this in a professional environment too. Imo, this is one of those hidden drugstore gems that's fantastic, great quality and versatile.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After buying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders a few years ago I realized that they don't last long enough to justify the price. I loved the effect they gave for about an hour, but my skin is dry and it faded in no time. Reserve Your Cabana seems to last a little longer, and it's a dupe for the subtle Dim Light. It took me forever to try it, but it's good as a setting powder for an all over glow.

on 3/5/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought it as a highlighter but it's incredibly chalky! Yes, it can be used as a highlight - it's definitely light enough. But it has so much kickback and can come off really patchy on the skin if you have a lot of texture.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I loved this powder for a long time but I have started to not like it as much. I have very fair skin and I liked this because it was a nice, subtle highlight. After a while, it starts to oxidize so bad! Whenever I put it on, it looked like a nice, champagne color. After an hour, it turned pretty dark. I've heard people say that they used it to set their undereye. I tried that and it oxidized pretty bad there too. The packaging sucks as well. The lid breaks off after a while and makes it hard to travel with. If you have a tendency to oxidize, stay away from this!

on 1/25/2017 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use it as a setting powder and as subtle highlighter. I apply it all over my face with a fluffy brush. What a wonderfull finish! A must have product!

on 12/31/2016 9:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I bought this after much hesitation because damn in the pan and it's so close to my skin tone, and I heard people say it's very subtle, I was so afraid it was not gonna show up. Luckily it does! It's so so beautiful, you can definitely tell it's there when the light hits it, but it's never overbearing. It's a gentle soft glow that loks very soft focused and airbrushed. It's definitely not at all gliterry, and in a way it can be quite "matte", as in it evens out my skin texture and does not emphasize the acne scars and pores on my cheeks on bit. This is the highlight I reach for even on my worse skin day. I wouldn't use it anywhere else other than the high points of my face though, I tried it for under eye brightening, nope that's too frosty. The powder is very soft to the touch, a bit powdery on the finger and kicks up lots of powder even when dabbed lightly with a brush. I don't mind because it's a 13 grams pan. It lasts very well on the skin, easily last through a whole 8 hour work day, but beyond that point I can hardly see it on my cheek anymore. In itself, it's not supposed to be a wham bam standout highlight anyway, it starts out sublte and fade very gracefully (some highlights, like the elf Moonlight Pearls fades from an initial even glow to a splotchy glittery mess on me). Overall, I'm very pleased with is highlight, I highly recommend this, if it shows up on you of course. The colour veers suuuuuper close to my skin tone (yellow-olive undertone), but fortunately it still has enough shine and the lacks of a similar olive undertone helps it show on my skin. If you're a very ligh skinned pinky-yellow leaning person then I reckon it'd show up. Then again, it's a great product that even if it doesn't shuit my skin tone, I'd happily pass it on to a friend.
Since I'm so in love with this product, again, I'm in constant fear that Wet'n'Wild will discontinue it. But they do have a tendency to rehash popular formulas and bring them back to life under new names so I still have hope. It's definitely a staple product for me. The packaging is a bit bulky and flimsy though, but the price and the quality make everything right.

on 12/12/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A very good dupe for Hourglass ALP. Even though this is a bronzer, I use it as a setting powder. It has a good velvetine look when on the face. I cannot use this without some sort of setting/moisture spray, bc if not, it gets a little too dry and powdery for me. But this face finish for this price - thumbs up! One minus though, its very soft and you easily get a lot of extra powder. Look for swatches online of this and the ALP powders - almost impossible to tell the difference!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like I'm the only person in the planet who doesn't like Reserve Your Cabana (for it's typical uses - go to bottom to see how I DO use it). It is too dark for me to use as a highlight, too light to use as a bronzer, and I don't need a finishing powder.

This is really too close to my skin color, it doesn't really show up in any appreciable way apart from adding some shimmer. I do love the tones though, clear and golden, not orange or muddy. I wish I could find a product like this that is one shade down and one shade up. The texture is great, you get a load of product, but the color doesn't do anything for me.

Right now I'm packing it in heavy as an all over eyeshadow on minimal makeup days. I have very pigmented lids, so it does help lighten them up for cheap. Added: since it's so close to my skin color I also use this to cover up/buff out my contour/cheeks if I go in too heavy. I do appreciate it for that.
Added: I found an awesome use for this! You know those super pigmented Sleek blushes? Slap this on your cheeks as a base powder, dip your brush in, THEN tap your blush gently. Makes a LOT of colors wearable for pale girls, but still keeps the colors clear and bright.

Popular Bronzers