Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana
image 1image 2image 3

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

After being fed up w chunky highlighters (eg. soft and gentle and the loumanizers), a friend of mine recommended I try this out and I'm glad I did.

It gives a noticeable but 'natural' look to the skin. As it's meant to be a bronzer/face powder its finely milled and not glittery, doesn't emphasize pores or create texture where there is none and I would even go as far as to say it 'blurs' imperfections.

Since its winter currently where I am, my skin is on the lighter side of things and this is quite ashy on me, so I don't think I'll be able to pull this off in summer.

Overall, gorgeous highlight for light skin tones, highly recommend for the quality and the price. I just wish they made it in more colours!

I'm super pale with dry skin, this is the perfect setting powder for allover my face. Wish it wasn't such a huge compact, but for the price, it's awesome!

To Read all 224 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my Holy Grail daytime highlighter. Very subtle, gives a very nice "glow" without any shimmer. This isn't metallic at all so it's great for more natural looks. I've compared this to Ambient's Dim Light, and I can't tell a difference once both products are on my skin so I'd call this a dupe. It doesn't settle into lines and doesn't seem to highlight unwanted skin texture for me. I use this to set my undereye concealer. It is a bit powdery so do tap off excess from your brush, but you can't go wrong with this one for anyone with fair to medium skin.

on 6/11/2016 5:38:00 PM

This is the beauty steal of the century. Multi tasking, its not really a bronzer at all, but a highlighting powder which doesn't contain any glitter or shimmer. My skin is a light - med with blonde hair and this bronzers colour doesnt show up as a colour on my skin. I use it to add a very subtle glow on tops of cheekbones and even set undereye concealer with. Its so natural looking no shine but a soft healthy glow. You will not regret buying this, its a huge pan and a top product

Used this as an highlighter even though it's stated as a "bronzer"
It's great for someone who doesn't want to have way-too-shimmery highlights (e.g. becca), it feels more natural than becca's highlighter.
The size of it is really big and the price is cheap!!! Totally worth the money!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So I'm not really sure as to why Wet N Wild labeled this as a "bronzer" as I don't believe it would be possible to warm the face up with it, however it does make for a fantastic highlight! The powder is amazingly smooth and soft and extremely pigmented and for only $5 you get a ridiculous amount of product. It's totally worth checking out.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Honestly, this stuff is the holy grail of highlighters for me. It's very subtle, and gives off kind of an "angelic glow", rather than a wet looking metallic sheen like a lot of other highlighters. I've heard it's a dupe for the hourglass ambient lighting powders, and from searching the hourglass powders in store, I have to say they are extremely similar in finish, however the hourglass feels more finely milled and smooth, but honestly this stuff is like $15 AUD, and the pan is HUGE, so this is well worth the money x 1000 especially if it can compare to hourglass quality. Even though there's a tonne of product in this, I've still bought a backup, because I legit cannot imagine ever doing my makeup without this now, it's that good. Seriously, if you haven't tried it and you're on the fence about getting it, DO IT NOW!

This is a very odd product for me. I have seen people who like it as a highlighter, I've seen people use it as a powder, and I have seen people use it as an actual bronzer. So I will review it for all 3! As a bronzer, I'm not snow white pale, but I'm also not Lilo tan, so this didn't show up if I wanted to use it as bronzer. That's why I find it weird. It's called a bronzer, but people use it for other stuff. So who the heck knows what's going on. As a highlighter, I've heard people refer to it as "subtle." For me, subtle just means nothing happens, and I couldn't tell a difference. These two reasons are why I only gave it 3 stars. Now, for why I love this stuff. SPF 15 is super important for me, cause I need anything I can get with SPF. I brought this with me on a date for touch ups because I'm oily and I blow my nose a lot, and sure enough, after a good nose blow, my nose was puffy and red. Usually, powders will just matify it and give it a very sheer coverage (red nose to pink.) But a few pats with a powder brush covered it completely! I was shocked! So I am not using this as my go to touch up powder. And for $3 bucks, I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/18/2016 5:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I think I've finally found a dupe that can stand up to Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. This product is labeled as a bronzer and if you're very fair that may be the case for you. In my case, it's an excellent finishing powder for my medium toned skin. The packaging is unassuming and rather cheap looking, so its easy to dismiss but don't do it! For the price point, you cannot beat it. You get a HUGE pan of product that can multitask beautifully. I use my RT powder brush and dust it all over my face and the results, while subtle, are gorgeous. There is no scent, no chunks of glitter, just a beautiful finish to the skin. For $7 I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/18/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First, this is not a "bronzer" but a highlighter. I'm not going to lie, this is probably the single most beautiful drugstore highlighter I've ever seen or used. It looks completely boring & unassuming in the pan. It is a very pale golden beige. It is not chunky or glittery or metallic - just a beautiful, soft, luminous sheen. The finish and texture are incredibly reminiscent of Hourglass Ambient Light powders. That's the only product I can think of that is close to the WnW Reserve Your Cabana. RYC comes in a colossal (size of your palm) plastic pan with a clear plastic hinged lid. The packaging is cheap, but you do get a ridiculously huge amount of product. I am NW15 and I personally like to use this as a highlight, but also sometimes I use this to set my undereye concealer. I have also heard people say they use this lightly all over as a finishing powder. This is a great product for the price, and I would definitely repurchase.