Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana
Reserve Your CabanaReserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

I was swayed by the reviews of this, but it looks terrible on my dry, fair, 40-something winter skin. I tried it in a few places:
- It has no glow on my cheeks. It doesn't show up at all except to show texture.
- It cakes in fine lines under my eyes and on my forehead.
- It makes my eyelids look creepy and crepey and powdery like Marie Antoinette (not in a Kirsten Dunst way).

Not sure about the highlighting properties others have mentioned? It somehow manages to look like nothing and horrible at the same time on me. At least it was only a $4 risk.

EDITED to say: I tried it as a highlighting landing strip down my nose and it filled in my pores and looked vaguely luminous. I added one lippie for that.

The quality of the powder is nice, especially when compared to the product it replaced in WnW's original line. This one is finely milled, and has a lot of "kick-up" when using it with a brush. Has SPF 15.

Gives off a really fine sheen, not for those looking for a more intense highlighter. Tried to use it as a translucent powder once-big mistake. My forehead looked cakey and a bit orange. Works much better under the eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this intending to use it as highlighter. It doesn't glow much. If you are fair skinned, it can be a finishing powder or something, but I didn't think it really glowed on me. I have been watching way too much YouTube.

on 10/18/2017 11:19:00 PM

My. For $4 I feel like I stole this. I’m currently rocking a fading tan on naturally... oh, NC15? NC20? skin. This is the best highlight for my oily skin I have found. I like a subtle, delicate highlight. I don’t want my highlight to be visible from the ISS in orbit. Many, many highlighters look nice for two hours but ultimately mix with my natural oiliness in an unfortunate, grease enhancing way. But I don’t have cheekbones so I want SOME sort of highlight!

If I use this on my “cheekbones” only? Fabulous. It is a smidge lighter than my skin (currently), has a super subtle sheen and a very flattering blurring effect on any imperfections. (I’m 40, there are some of those!) Some too-matte powders make fine lines pop out, some shimmery highlights make texture and pores look... unfortunate... this is a happy medium that does neither.

Yeah, it’s in a crap package. I don’t even care. If it is this nice of a product in a nice big functional pan, I wouldn’t care if it was pressed on a paper plate for $4.

I also love Ticket to Brazil for an actual bronzer. This is more of a natural subtle highlighter, which I’m sure drier skinned folk with light skin could use all over even. Together they are amazing and next summer will be a great partnership!

I love this stuff. I'm pretty fair skinned, with slight yellowish undertones, so this works PERFECTLY as both an under-eye setting powder, but also a all-over skin finish. I keep one that's been broken up into a loose powder in my vanity (breaking it up makes it easier to "bake" with), and i keep another one still pressed in my purse for touch-ups throughout the day.

on 9/12/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I am an nc30 and this looks like a natural highlight on me when using a light hand. There's no glitter or shimmer. Just a nice sheen. It's a little powdery but i just spray some setting spray all over to bind all my makeup together. This came in the biggest pan ever! It's so bulky and annoyingly cheap. But hey, it's $4. I would have to say the pure nude highlighter by essence is way better.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I absolutely love this highlighter. I am tan in skin tone so this is a bit light on me so I like to sweep a bit of a golden highlights on my cheekbones to make it match. It is a subtle glow and it is natural. If you are fair to medium you really love this. The formula is amazing it is so smooth and not chunky and it just provides the beautiful-est glow ever. The price is also good it is four dollars at the drugstore, but I got it for a dollar after coupons. The packaging is also good. My highlighter broke and it shattered and when I tilt it up a bit of it falls out of the packaging, however I mixed a bit of the powder with baby oil to make a DIY liquid highlighter and it is amazingly pretty so I would suggest doing that as well if you want a liquid highlighter free of cost. I really love this highlighter and I would purchase it, Probably in a different shade though that would match my skin tone but the formula is really good and I have tried a different shade before and the formula is consistent. All in all, it is the best highlighter formula at this price point I have used and it is highly recommended by me.

on 8/11/2017 8:37:00 AM

I have the WNW bronzer in Ticket to Brazil and it's a definite favorite of mine, need to get another one! I didn't initially pick this up because I figured it would be too light for me. After reading other reviews that this could be used as a setting powder I decided to give it a try. For me, it's nice to set under the eyes. If I were to dust all over the face it's a little light so I think that I have to use this sparingly, such as under the eyes or as a highlighter. I initially dusted this all over my face, then followed it up with my normal bronzer and it didn't quite work.

I am glad I tried this and for the price it's reasonable. I think I have to find the right use for it though. For all over the face for me it's a pass. I think I would need a powder that doesn't have the subtle shimmer in order to use as an all over face powder, especially if I am going to follow it up with something else.

Would I purchase again, not sure. It depends on how I will be able to use it. I will give it 4 stars, it's a nice product overall.

on 8/7/2017 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I do sweep this under my eyes or my cheebones and down my nose for a brightening effect. It definitely makes my face appear smoother. However, anyone with darker skin then me this will appear ashy.

The packaging for this sucks. It doesnt fit well with my other products. It seems like a big pan but its very shallow so you hit pan quickly and everything start crumbling quickly. There is also a lot of kickback.

on 8/3/2017 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This stuff is so good, especially when you consider it was only $4 from the drugstore.

I did wonder if this stuff would be too dark for me, as I am NW10-15ish but it works great. On days where I want more subtle makeup, I reach for this as my highlighter, but also use it to set my undereye concealer to brighten the area. It's not like those out-there highlighters which leave a streak across your face, but instead it just gives you that slight glow from within. It is quite powdery (and so I do think it might be more susceptible to breakage, but thankfully mine hasn't), so it's worth bearing in mind, but if you use a light hand it'll be fine (plus, I tend to spray Mac Fix+ most of the time anyway, which removes any powderyness). There's also a lot of product in the pan, although the curved lid does make this product difficult to store, but it's only a minor complaint. I think it's one of those products everyone needs to at least try, because it's so cheap, that even if it doesn't work for you, it's not a big deal, and if you're anything like me, you'll be pleasantly surprised!