Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana

Wet 'n' Wild Reserve Your Cabana
Reserve Your CabanaReserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'

4.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This is a great product. I use this to set my undereye concealer. My skintone is NC30. I have had issues with smudging mascara and chalky and generally unattractive undereyes forever, and the shimmer in this brightens them and smooths out imperfections. It makes everything last longer. Packaging quality and aesthetics are important to me but I will make an exception for this product.

on 5/28/2017 11:10:00 PM

I almost wasn't going to buy this, since it's labelled as a bronzer and it's obvious just by looking at it that it's way too light for probably anyone to use as a bronzer. However, I noticed this keeps getting rave reviews as an HG highlighter so I decided to try it out (3.99 nothing to lose). For me this doesn't do anything as a highlight whatsoever. Applying it in the cheekbones after my powder foundation or setting powder...I just felt like I was applying another layer of powder that matches my skin color. So of course I decided to try it as a setting powder...and I love it for that. Did I need another setting powder? Of course not. But do I love finding cheap thrills and dupes such as this one where you get a huge pan of powder for less than $5? Yaaaaas! I've never tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder that this a supposed dupe for...but I can say this gives my skin a pretty glow and it diffuses imperfections on my skin without emphasizing fine lines, pores, or dry patches. I used it today over only concealer, in a light dusting with my ELF Kabuki brush, added a little Physicians Formula nude glow highlight, spritzed with my ELF setting spray to melt it in, and my skin was looking glowy and sunkissed...so good that even now, at midnight, I'm delaying taking my makeup off because it looks so pretty. Ridiculous. I think I'll be using this all summer, and already repurchased in case they ever discontinue. This is worth your four dollars no matter how you choose to use it...

I bought this because a youtuber's opinion I trust raves about Reserve Your Cabana. Found mine in the 5 Below store. I'm very pale & have never used a bronzer. The youtuber did say it could be used as a highlighter. I was surprised with the fallout. I probably should gently dip the brush next time. I'm not sure, but I believe I could use this as a setting powder. I'll have to take a better look in natural lighting. Whether I use this or not, it's not a big deal since I only paid $3.99.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Finally found this at a CVS, and let me tell you, it lives up to the hype.

I love it as a subtle highlighter, and will use it very lightly to set my makeup. It's great for blending blush, and I'll even brush a bit on my eyelids. With blush, it gives a soft focus kind of look. I'm pretty pale, and do not find it chalky at all. You know what is chalky? The loreal true match lumi powder highlighter that is $10 dollars more.

on 3/22/2017 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had this for a while but I forgot to use it. Since I start wearing it I have been getting compliments almost everyday. This is how I use it, I use it as powder to set my makeup. Then for large pores I use stippling brush. I would say that contour is must after using this otherwise my face look BIG. I look radiant but not glittery. I am so glad I tried.

on 3/15/2017 9:59:00 PM

This a great drugstore highlighter. It's a creamy powder that provides a soft glow, perfect for everyday. I haven't tried it as a setting powder but I know many ppl love it for that. This powder melts into the skin and doesn't emphasize texture/fine lines. I don't think this is a dupe for the Ambient Lighting Powders. It's similar but not a dupe. I have dim lights. The tone is different and Wnw is more of an actual 'highlighter'. I like it just as much tho.

Pros:
Affordable.
Easy to find.
Soft, creamy powder.
Perfect for everyday wear.
Blends easily and does not sit on the skin.
Glitter free.

Cons:
Packaging is a little clunky and cheap.
If you drop it the powder will break bc it's so soft.

If you like a natural highlight this a great find, cheap or not.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I've heard that this is a dupe for Hourglass Ambient as well as the MAC natural skinfinish (swept lightly across the face rather than in concentrated parts). I can't attest to that, but I can say for sure that this is beautiful and attractive on all sorts of skin tones without looking overly glittery or too noticeable.

I could see people wearing this in a professional environment too. Imo, this is one of those hidden drugstore gems that's fantastic, great quality and versatile.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After buying the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders a few years ago I realized that they don't last long enough to justify the price. I loved the effect they gave for about an hour, but my skin is dry and it faded in no time. Reserve Your Cabana seems to last a little longer, and it's a dupe for the subtle Dim Light. It took me forever to try it, but it's good as a setting powder for an all over glow.

on 3/5/2017 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought it as a highlighter but it's incredibly chalky! Yes, it can be used as a highlight - it's definitely light enough. But it has so much kickback and can come off really patchy on the skin if you have a lot of texture.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I loved this powder for a long time but I have started to not like it as much. I have very fair skin and I liked this because it was a nice, subtle highlight. After a while, it starts to oxidize so bad! Whenever I put it on, it looked like a nice, champagne color. After an hour, it turned pretty dark. I've heard people say that they used it to set their undereye. I tried that and it oxidized pretty bad there too. The packaging sucks as well. The lid breaks off after a while and makes it hard to travel with. If you have a tendency to oxidize, stay away from this!