wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

Filtered by age: 36-43
wet n wild Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana
Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaColor Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your CabanaWet 'N Wild 'Reserve your Cabana'Color Icon Bronzer - Reserve Your Cabana

4.5

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (5% w/w), Oxybenzone (1.5% w/w) Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Boron Nitride, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Methicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Alumina, Bisabolol, Caprylhydroxamic Acid, Glycerin, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 10/18/2017 11:19:00 PM

My. For $4 I feel like I stole this. I’m currently rocking a fading tan on naturally... oh, NC15? NC20? skin. This is the best highlight for my oily skin I have found. I like a subtle, delicate highlight. I don’t want my highlight to be visible from the ISS in orbit. Many, many highlighters look nice for two hours but ultimately mix with my natural oiliness in an unfortunate, grease enhancing way. But I don’t have cheekbones so I want SOME sort of highlight!

If I use this on my “cheekbones” only? Fabulous. It is a smidge lighter than my skin (currently), has a super subtle sheen and a very flattering blurring effect on any imperfections. (I’m 40, there are some of those!) Some too-matte powders make fine lines pop out, some shimmery highlights make texture and pores look... unfortunate... this is a happy medium that does neither.

Yeah, it’s in a crap package. I don’t even care. If it is this nice of a product in a nice big functional pan, I wouldn’t care if it was pressed on a paper plate for $4.

I also love Ticket to Brazil for an actual bronzer. This is more of a natural subtle highlighter, which I’m sure drier skinned folk with light skin could use all over even. Together they are amazing and next summer will be a great partnership!

on 5/28/2017 11:10:00 PM

I almost wasn't going to buy this, since it's labelled as a bronzer and it's obvious just by looking at it that it's way too light for probably anyone to use as a bronzer. However, I noticed this keeps getting rave reviews as an HG highlighter so I decided to try it out (3.99 nothing to lose). For me this doesn't do anything as a highlight whatsoever. Applying it in the cheekbones after my powder foundation or setting powder...I just felt like I was applying another layer of powder that matches my skin color. So of course I decided to try it as a setting powder...and I love it for that. Did I need another setting powder? Of course not. But do I love finding cheap thrills and dupes such as this one where you get a huge pan of powder for less than $5? Yaaaaas! I've never tried the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder that this a supposed dupe for...but I can say this gives my skin a pretty glow and it diffuses imperfections on my skin without emphasizing fine lines, pores, or dry patches. I used it today over only concealer, in a light dusting with my ELF Kabuki brush, added a little Physicians Formula nude glow highlight, spritzed with my ELF setting spray to melt it in, and my skin was looking glowy and sunkissed...so good that even now, at midnight, I'm delaying taking my makeup off because it looks so pretty. Ridiculous. I think I'll be using this all summer, and already repurchased in case they ever discontinue. This is worth your four dollars no matter how you choose to use it...

I bought this because a youtuber's opinion I trust raves about Reserve Your Cabana. Found mine in the 5 Below store. I'm very pale & have never used a bronzer. The youtuber did say it could be used as a highlighter. I was surprised with the fallout. I probably should gently dip the brush next time. I'm not sure, but I believe I could use this as a setting powder. I'll have to take a better look in natural lighting. Whether I use this or not, it's not a big deal since I only paid $3.99.

on 12/12/2016 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

A very good dupe for Hourglass ALP. Even though this is a bronzer, I use it as a setting powder. It has a good velvetine look when on the face. I cannot use this without some sort of setting/moisture spray, bc if not, it gets a little too dry and powdery for me. But this face finish for this price - thumbs up! One minus though, its very soft and you easily get a lot of extra powder. Look for swatches online of this and the ALP powders - almost impossible to tell the difference!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I feel like I'm the only person in the planet who doesn't like Reserve Your Cabana (for it's typical uses - go to bottom to see how I DO use it). It is too dark for me to use as a highlight, too light to use as a bronzer, and I don't need a finishing powder.

This is really too close to my skin color, it doesn't really show up in any appreciable way apart from adding some shimmer. I do love the tones though, clear and golden, not orange or muddy. I wish I could find a product like this that is one shade down and one shade up. The texture is great, you get a load of product, but the color doesn't do anything for me.

Right now I'm packing it in heavy as an all over eyeshadow on minimal makeup days. I have very pigmented lids, so it does help lighten them up for cheap. Added: since it's so close to my skin color I also use this to cover up/buff out my contour/cheeks if I go in too heavy. I do appreciate it for that.
Added: I found an awesome use for this! You know those super pigmented Sleek blushes? Slap this on your cheeks as a base powder, dip your brush in, THEN tap your blush gently. Makes a LOT of colors wearable for pale girls, but still keeps the colors clear and bright.

on 11/9/2016 3:30:00 PM

This is such an excellent powder. Highlights beautifully leaving skin with a healthy glow without being too shimmery. I hope they never discontinue this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail daytime highlighter. Very subtle, gives a very nice "glow" without any shimmer. This isn't metallic at all so it's great for more natural daytime glow. I've compared this to Hourglass Ambient's Dim Light, and I can't tell a difference once both products are on my skin so I'd call this a dupe, although I would say it's a bit more subtle in a good way. It doesn't settle into lines and doesn't seem to highlight unwanted skin texture for me. I use this to set my undereye concealer. It is a bit powdery so do tap off excess from your brush, but you can't go wrong with this one for anyone with fair to medium skin.

Edited to add: This has become my HG setting powder along with Ticket to Brazil in the same line. I use the Ticket to Brazil around the perimeter and the Reserve Your Cabana for the center of the face. Ticket to Brazil is just a touch darker than my skin tone while Reserve Your Cabana is a touch lighter so the both of them combined give me a very dimensional glow that looks very natural and pretty. I've bought several backups because I don't want to run out.

on 5/18/2016 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I think I've finally found a dupe that can stand up to Hourglass' Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light. This product is labeled as a bronzer and if you're very fair that may be the case for you. In my case, it's an excellent finishing powder for my medium toned skin. The packaging is unassuming and rather cheap looking, so its easy to dismiss but don't do it! For the price point, you cannot beat it. You get a HUGE pan of product that can multitask beautifully. I use my RT powder brush and dust it all over my face and the results, while subtle, are gorgeous. There is no scent, no chunks of glitter, just a beautiful finish to the skin. For $7 I will definitely repurchase.

on 5/18/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

First, this is not a "bronzer" but a highlighter. I'm not going to lie, this is probably the single most beautiful drugstore highlighter I've ever seen or used. It looks completely boring & unassuming in the pan. It is a very pale golden beige. It is not chunky or glittery or metallic - just a beautiful, soft, luminous sheen. The finish and texture are incredibly reminiscent of Hourglass Ambient Light powders. That's the only product I can think of that is close to the WnW Reserve Your Cabana. RYC comes in a colossal (size of your palm) plastic pan with a clear plastic hinged lid. The packaging is cheap, but you do get a ridiculously huge amount of product. I am NW15 and I personally like to use this as a highlight, but also sometimes I use this to set my undereye concealer. I have also heard people say they use this lightly all over as a finishing powder. This is a great product for the price, and I would definitely repurchase.

This is a very beautiful highlighter which I prefer over others for its convenience and neutral warmth. Generally, I find it very difficult to find a good highlighter (e.g. the Balms Mary- Lou Manizer is just too much for me, especially during daytime). Either they are too frosty, too glittery, too cold, to warm, too powdery, too creamy, ...
This one is so affordable and fool proof because you really can't overdo it.
The other day I used it mainly on my cheekbones and what was left on the brush around my eyes and my husband said to me: "You look so radiant!"
HE never said that to me before and he can be very critical when my make up looks too obvious, so this was the moment I knew that this is the perfect highlighter for me, subtle and very flattering.