Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

4.2

on 1/29/2015 8:16:00 PM

After a year long no-buy, I thought long and hard about what item I'd been lusting after to celebrate. Surprisingly, the list was much shorter than I thought, but Laura Mercier's Caviar Stick in Khaki was at the top of the list. So while $28 is a bit more than I'm used to paying for one eyeshadow, I decided to try it out.

Khaki applies a beautiful greenish brown on my eyelid, and application couldn't be easier. I just swipe it on straight from the stick close to my lashline and then blend upward with my finger. It looks much sparklier in the online swatches I've seen; on me, the shimmer is noticeable but muted. Maybe it's that bloggers tend to show the shadows more intensely swatched, or in close up? In either case, if anyone is debating on this eyeshadow and worried that the shimmer will be over the top, I really don't think it is!

My favorite way of wearing this is to apply Khaki and then blend upward so that most of the color is concentrated close to my lashline (I apply my eyeshadow in gradations as it suits my eyeshape). Then I take a flat eyeshadow brush and apply MAC Greensmoke on top and blend out with a blending brush. For liner, I take an angled pencil brush and use it to apply MAC Tarnish kohl (applying straight in its pencil form causes Tarnish to smear on me, and it tugs a bit on my eyelids) along the upper lashline. Then I add plenty of mascara, and it's an easy daytime smokey eye. For the evenings, I apply Tarnish on my lower lashline using the same method, and add a shimmery highlight on my browbone.

I do apply Khaki on top of an eyeshadow base, but I do this with all of my eyeshadows as I have oily skin. Because of this I can't attest to the staying power of the eyeshadow by itself, but when I apply it on top of my base, it does last all day.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I picked this up after seeing all the rave reviews on MUA but was not impressed. Great colour and creamy formula, but it does not stay put and gives me raccoon eyes within a few hours, even with primer. Note, I have particularly oily eyelids, so this may work for others, but I would not recommend this for anyone with oily eyelids.

on 12/27/2013 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

really love this!! it is very unique. this is perfect for asian oily hooded monolids. stays on very snug, the liner you can go thick or thin as you like, it stays on very good, and still bendable when you need to but you need to do it very quickly before it sets in. the product is very soft and silky and it is not harsh on our delicate eye area. it could really replace the eyeshadow or you could use both to compliment each other and add staying power. i am very happy i have tried this. i find that the regular eye liner is too thin for hooded monolids as we have to make a very thick line to see the difference for hooded monolids. the pencil liner always bleed, the liquid is a pain to use, this thing is just perfect.

color wise, i thought the black smokey would work better but it is too harsh on the skin it seems. i have pale asian skin and find that the khaki fits perfect oddly, it doesnt seem to show any green on the skin but rather almost black. khaki is even better than the brown or black color, strange enough.

on 12/20/2013 10:53:00 PM

Yes, this is HG stuff.
This is a nice greenish brown colour that lends itself to soften and enhance brown eyes. I usually wear black eyeliner, but have recently found the darkest black eyeliner I used to favour in my younger years tend to make me look harsh. It is not a colour I would have chosen by myself and quite frankly the name was what steered me away from it, (sounds boring) but the SA tried it on me and when I looked at how it opened my eyes, I was done.

The wear is the most exciting part of this product. I have oily eye lids. This product does not budge. If you want to blend it, you do need to be quick because it sets quickly, and will not smudge so I do not end up looking like I got beat up later in the day. It does not say it is waterproof as I remove it with regular eye makeup remover, but it stays put in light rain and sporty activities, ie. jogging. I have the Bobbi Brown eye colour sticks and although I like the colours, the quality of the stick is harder and does not glide as smoothly. Laura Mercier is a superior product on me.

I apply this using an eyeliner brush for a controlled and subtle look. For evenings this can simply be applied straight from the pen and blended with a brush for a smoky eye. Great for throwing in the bag, it literally makes a lot of my eye shadow obsolete. Thinking of getting a second to keep in my bag at all times.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a wonderful product. Freshly applied, you can smudge it. Once it sets, it sets. I have oily hooded lids and this really stays put on me. I love the color. It's a brown khaki. For under eye application, I use a flat liner brush.

on 3/19/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

im not sure if i would repurchase, will have to keep experimenting but for now this is what i think: its a beautiful khaki color, a dark forest green mixed with brown, i see gold flecks. its very difficult to get a precise line as the crayon is very creamy and glides on like butter. it doesn't set fast so you have time to smudge. oily lid gals definitely use a primer with this. i will update once i use this more but for now, its really nice, creamy and fantastic color payoff. you will have to use a brush to take some color off the tip if you want to use this as an eyeliner.

on 12/19/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

LOVE this product! This color is brownish, taupey, with just a hint of khaki, not too glittery and looks beautiful on brown eyes. It applies like a cream with time to smudge before it sets. Doesn't move til I wash it off easily w/soap + water. Great for a quick made up eye.
UPDATE: Seems to be causing an allergic reaction. :( Makes my eyes burn and water and I can't wear my contacts as long when wearing this product. Sadly, will not repurchase.

My search is now over!! Amazing product- goes on easily, yet blendable. It stays on all day without any creasing! I also have this in steel, which also goes great with my brown eyes. The plum is great, too. I thought the smoke was too glittery for my over-50 eyes. My powder eye shadows are now gathering dust!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the dark color of this - works beautifully on my dark brown eyes and the color doesn't look unnatural at all. The issue I have with it is it's very thick and soft for an eyeliner - I haven't figured out how to use it for a more natural look. Instead I use it for more dramatic looks with heavier eye makeup and then go lighter with blush and lippie. It's so thick it seems that maybe it's intended as more of a creamy shadow crayon but it was too heavy when I tried to use it in the crease. But as a dramatic-looks eyeliner I really like it and I will for sure purchase it again.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Love these! I have Khaki and Sapphire. I dot them against the upper lash line (from above) and smudge into the lash line. Makes my lashes look fuller with just a subtle amount of color. My eyes/lashes... but better :) Love!