Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

4.6

on 11/18/2014 10:37:00 AM

These sticks go on like buttah. Love them! You can swipe for more dramatic color, but lately I just tap these into my crease and upward to frame my lashes, and smooth out by tapping with my pinky. They stay soft enough to get the shape you want, then they dry and are immovable. On me they last all day and evening. Can go from subtle to bold looks. I'm looking forward to getting more colors.

Oh yes come to mama. I waited so long to try one of these because I usually do not buy makeup that cost much. I kept trying to find cheaper alternatives that would do what these caviar sticks would do. I wasted a ton of money, I should have just ordered a basic color to try long ago!

Pros: Long Lasting
Creamy & Non Tugging
Very Pigmented
Multi Useful
Nice Range Of Shade Options

Only Con: Price is a bit high

Color Description For Khaki: Medium Toasted Golden Olive = In a nut shell it's equal parts brown, green, and golden.

The color khaki to me is a medium toasted golden olive. It isn't oblivious green, or golden. It has a brown tone but isn't just brown. It works really well with my eyes which or blue. I have light olive skin and this color really works well to make my eyes pop and to show a goldeness my skin tone. (It's winter time right now and I am at my most pale. This seems to bring out the warmth in my skin tone.)

Khaki is a great color to try out. It's not too dark, not to light. I use it for a smudgy define eye look. I have been wearing a dark line on my top lid for over 20 years (I'm 35 and have been wearing makeup daily since I was around 15) and the look I've always done stopped appealing to me. It didn't feel right but not doing it didn't feel right either, er!
This product creates the perfect balance between a blunt line or a bare eye. When you smudge this it keeps the eye well defined but not taken over.

I will be getting many, many, mucho more!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

What a wonderful product. Freshly applied, you can smudge it. Once it sets, it sets. I have oily hooded lids and this really stays put on me. I love the color. It's a brown khaki. For under eye application, I use a flat liner brush.

on 12/19/2012 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

LOVE this product! This color is brownish, taupey, with just a hint of khaki, not too glittery and looks beautiful on brown eyes. It applies like a cream with time to smudge before it sets. Doesn't move til I wash it off easily w/soap + water. Great for a quick made up eye.
UPDATE: Seems to be causing an allergic reaction. :( Makes my eyes burn and water and I can't wear my contacts as long when wearing this product. Sadly, will not repurchase.

on 11/17/2012 1:57:00 PM

Above average taupe pigment, with added fleck. Has the appearance of thick crayon, which makes precise application difficult. Unique formula. Dries quickly, so need to work fast to blend. That said, won't budge once applied. If applied too thickly, leaves an irritating wet sensation on skin.

on 5/24/2012 5:14:00 PM

I love the greenish-brown color of this stick and it's durability. I throw it on my entire lid when I'm running late and it makes for a slightly smokey, dramatic eye with minimal effort. Doesn't budge at all for me and you need a hearty amount of makeup remover to get it off. I'd def repurchase though.

Skin: Other, Tan, Warm

Love these! I have Khaki and Sapphire. I dot them against the upper lash line (from above) and smudge into the lash line. Makes my lashes look fuller with just a subtle amount of color. My eyes/lashes... but better :) Love!