Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour - Khaki

No Image

4.5

on 12/20/2013 10:53:00 PM

Yes, this is HG stuff.
This is a nice greenish brown colour that lends itself to soften and enhance brown eyes. I usually wear black eyeliner, but have recently found the darkest black eyeliner I used to favour in my younger years tend to make me look harsh. It is not a colour I would have chosen by myself and quite frankly the name was what steered me away from it, (sounds boring) but the SA tried it on me and when I looked at how it opened my eyes, I was done.

The wear is the most exciting part of this product. I have oily eye lids. This product does not budge. If you want to blend it, you do need to be quick because it sets quickly, and will not smudge so I do not end up looking like I got beat up later in the day. It does not say it is waterproof as I remove it with regular eye makeup remover, but it stays put in light rain and sporty activities, ie. jogging. I have the Bobbi Brown eye colour sticks and although I like the colours, the quality of the stick is harder and does not glide as smoothly. Laura Mercier is a superior product on me.

I apply this using an eyeliner brush for a controlled and subtle look. For evenings this can simply be applied straight from the pen and blended with a brush for a smoky eye. Great for throwing in the bag, it literally makes a lot of my eye shadow obsolete. Thinking of getting a second to keep in my bag at all times.

on 3/19/2013 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

im not sure if i would repurchase, will have to keep experimenting but for now this is what i think: its a beautiful khaki color, a dark forest green mixed with brown, i see gold flecks. its very difficult to get a precise line as the crayon is very creamy and glides on like butter. it doesn't set fast so you have time to smudge. oily lid gals definitely use a primer with this. i will update once i use this more but for now, its really nice, creamy and fantastic color payoff. you will have to use a brush to take some color off the tip if you want to use this as an eyeliner.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These long wearing eye shadows are really easy to work with and blends very well. Once settled they last all day and do not smudge. You need a good makeupremover to take it off as it settles really well. The kaki (greenish brown) has a subtle golden shimmer to it, very elegant. You can apply this straight from the stick or use a brush for more precise application. If finding anything to change, that would be it - the stick itself is quite chubby so you really need a brush if you want a very precise appication, for instance if you want to use this as a liner. Maybe it is a tradeoff as it is very creamy, it might be too soft to be a less chubby stick. The fact that it is in a stick form makes it very portable as well. Highly recommend!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love the dark color of this - works beautifully on my dark brown eyes and the color doesn't look unnatural at all. The issue I have with it is it's very thick and soft for an eyeliner - I haven't figured out how to use it for a more natural look. Instead I use it for more dramatic looks with heavier eye makeup and then go lighter with blush and lippie. It's so thick it seems that maybe it's intended as more of a creamy shadow crayon but it was too heavy when I tried to use it in the crease. But as a dramatic-looks eyeliner I really like it and I will for sure purchase it again.

Popular Eye Shadows