Lotus Herbals - Moistpetals Ultra Moisturising Lipstick

Price: $

on 2/12/2012 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been very impressed lately with Lotus Herbals hair and skin products so I decided to finally give their makeup a try and buy one of these lipsticks. As with most of this brand's products, it was a lovely bargain at only 225 rupees. All of Lotus Herbals products are vegetarian and not animal tested, so if that is a religious or ethical concern for you I would definitely recommend the brand. I found it quite a relief not to worry about beef tallow or gelatin being an ingredient. I got the shade Iced Coffee which is a pretty medium brown with a bit of sheen, and was very flattering on my NC42 skin tone. I absolutely love the texture of these lipsticks, very rich and creamy and feel that way on your lips, a bit "heavy" which I prefer. It also had good pigmentation and suitable staying power. My only issues are the packaging (which is pretty but as expected, a bit cheap and fragile, the plastic cracks easily) and the running/feathering of the lipstick if one is not careful. Lip liner or at least a good lip primer is a must. Otherwise, I am quite impressed with Lotus Herbals.