Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner (All Shades)

Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner (All Shades)

3.2

on 6/24/2016 12:46:00 PM

Update-

I wanted to post a update as I have been using this for awhile. There is someone that metioned that after awhile the brush gets clumy and hard to use. I will agree with that. About half way through the pot, I started using my own brush to apply eyeliner, ovrall I still really like the liner.

I am also surprised by the poor comments on this eyeliner! I love this and it's affordable! You can pick this up at CVS or ULTA for around $10-$12 bucks, both places run B1 get 50 off deals. The eyeliner goes on smooth and is long lasting!

on 1/18/2016 2:02:00 PM

For the first few weeks, I really liked the product. It went on smooth and I liked the brush, especially for travel. However, after about a month of using, the liner dried out a little and application was no longer smooth nor as opaque. It's pretty much worthless now, as I've tried multiple times to get the same results as I did in the beginning, but no luck. It's just a sloppy mess now. Tossing this and trying Maybelline Eyestudio next.

To Read all 60 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow I am very surprised by all the poor comments. I have tried soooo many eyeliners but I love this one. The product is easy to work with. The liner has great staying power too. The brush, if you turn it on it's side, offers a great ease of application. I actually prefer this product to ones multiple times the price. I have all colours,

on 1/2/2016 11:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The way I see it, there are four major issues with this product

1. the brush: while it was a nice idea to have a brush that fits in the packaging, this brush is terrible. the end just isn't thin enough to make a crisp line, so the whole thing looks messy and smudged. using my own angled brush helped a lot, but I still couldn't get my wing as crisp as I normally like

2. the pot: it was tiny and deep, which made it difficult to really see how much product was getting on the brush.

3. the color: it took a lot of product to make it dark and pretty, otherwise it looked much more like grey than it did black. because of this and the teeny pot, I don't see this product as a very good value.

4. the texture: it gets very clumpy and the brush, and very crumbly on the eye-- not ideal.

The one plus that I could find was that, once I managed to get it looking okay on my eye (using my own angled brush) and added enough coats to make it dark, it had a nice finish. It was the perfect midpoint between matte and shiny, and were it not for all the other issues I would like it (hence the 2/5). Unfortunately, not only will I not be repurchasing, I am planning on returning this product.

I wanted my first gel eyeliner and I bought this thing, I totally regretted it; the gel is not easy to apply and it last for a very short period of time. A big no, no.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

First gel eyeliner I've used, the brush that comes with it isn't that great... I use an angled brush instead. It's hard to apply - not as defined or dark as liquid eyeliner. I usually go over it with winged eyeliner to clean up the edges a little bit.

Huge Pro: Doesn't come off or smudge AT ALL during the day!

on 10/31/2014 11:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Mediocre eyeliner. Have to go over the line several times in order for it to be a bold black. The packaging isn't bad, comes with a brush which I used for travel the only problem I had was that it created to bold of a line I prefer a thinner line. The eyeliner itself dried up half way and the thing wasn't cheap either. Won't repurchase, not worth the money when there are better gel eyeliners on the market.

on 8/25/2014 12:49:00 AM

Bought by accident because I thought it was liquid.
I hate it so much. This is what gel is? It's not smooth at all...it's like...chunks.
Hard to use gracefully to make a nice thin line, but I mean, if you're into the smudgy shadow thing go for it cause the staying power was actually good for me.
I absolutely cannot and will not use this on my top lid, but, to make sure I didn't waste the money, I do use it for the outer corner of my bottom lid. (for some reason, all my other eyeliners just dissapear there very quickly. This actually stays) so, i dunno. at least there's that.

on 8/18/2014 4:38:00 PM

First of all, for all those reviewers saying that the brush is too short--after you pull the brush off, attach it back to the handle, upside-down. The directions are on the back!

I LOVE the way this looks on me. I'm used to liquid liners, and this creme gel looks really smooth and dark and I think it's easier to use than a liquid liner. As a first-time creme gel user, I'm finding that you have to apply a lot of product to build the color, which is fine.

The first time I used this, my eyes looked spectacular, but by the end of the day, the corners of my eyes were smeared. The corners of my eyes get really oily, so I usually have to use a waterproof liner. Also, it's summertime here in the desert. That means it's anywhere from 85-100 degrees, so I'm pretty much always sweating. I was going to return this product, but fortunately, I had a Sephora Eye Primer lying around. I used it just on the corners of my eyes and voila! All-day staying power.

I like this product because with eye primer, it stays put all day. It's not waterproof, which means I don't have to use eye make-up remover at the end of the day. I didn't like that because one or two eyelashes would come off when I rubbed my eyes, and I don't have much eyelash to spare!

on 8/15/2014 9:50:00 PM

This is pretty good for the price. The brush is handy. I like it. It stays really well and did not smudge on upper eyelid. Two issues...it is not black enough and removing it can be an issue. It goes flakey and I have tried 3 diff makeup removers but find it takes abut to remove. If it was blacker I would use it heaps. Still not bad