NYX Pin-up Tease Individual Curl

NYX Pin-up Tease Individual Curl

3.2

on 10/28/2016 3:22:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Lobe love love this mascara! It's definitely become one of my favorites, I love the way it fans out my lashes. The only con is that it is a wet formula, so you have to wait until it dries, but other than that it's perfect

on 10/25/2016 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

pros:
- CRUELTY FREE
- creates and holds a curl unlike any other mascara
- does not smudge, flake, or run
- very black
- decent price
- easy to find in stores/online
- no eye irritation
- defines lashes

cons:
- extremely hard to remove
- large brush, product gets on lids

This stuff is seriously waterproof. I have to use oil to remove it. I will say that I have never used a mascara that creates and holds a curl like this stuff. Even without curling my lashes first, they are EXTREMELY curled up after using this. It's pretty amazing actually. The brush is kind of big and the bristles are long and plastic and I find it always ends up on my eyelids. It's a wet formula. I did not notice any scent and I had no eye irritation. I picked this up looking for a cruelty free dupe for covergirl's clump crusher. Its not a dupe and is completely different, but I do like it for the curl power and dramatic look it gives my lashes. It puts a lot of product on your lashes so they are definitely coated, defined, and curled and you can tell you're wearing mascara. It's not the natural everyday look I usually go for, but it still looks nice. I don't wear this everyday, simply because it's too hard to remove, but for going out, or a dramatic eye look, I love it. NYX rocks and I think they're one of my favorite brands.

on 7/30/2016 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

This is a horrible mascara. I love NYX products, for the most part, but this was a failure. I needed some new mascara and waited until a Monday morning to go on my quest, I didn't have time to waste, so I stopped at CVS to scoop something up on the way to work. I wish I had done some research. This mascara burns the sh*t out of my eyeballs and it clumps horribly. This is now in the trash where it belongs.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very average mascara. The only reason I bought it is because I took a trip to Vegas and forgot to pack my mascara like a moron. I had to go to one of the CVS stores on the strip and I found this. For the price, I don't think it's worth it. The formula is not very wet at all but I wouldn't call it dry either. The packaging is a bit unique. The brush is plastic and has a very defined, almost C-shaped curve. When you pull it out of the tube, there's some sort of tube within that makes the mascara very clean when you pull it out. Not clumpy at all. Alone this mascara doesn't do a whole lot. It's supposed to give you dramatic "pin-up girl" lashes. It does volumize pretty well, but it comes out so clean that there's not enough product to build up that volume. I find if you pair with another mascara it works better. I use my Jordana mascara first and then finish with this one and I do get extra life and nice,dramatic lashes. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to pair a mascara with another for it to work better. It should just work on its own. I'll use it up, but it's not anything I'd repurchase. I can't really even use it on my bottom lashes due to how the brush is shaped.

Edit: I have been using it for the last two months and I have to say that I like it a bit more now. I've learned how to use the wand and I can actually say the C shape works to your advantage. The key is to keep the brush on it's side and swipe it that way over the lashes. You can use the curved part to go under the lashes at the root for volume. It does add volume. You can also pretty easily use it on the bottom lashes. I probably won't repurchase, but t's not a horrible mascara. I gave it one more lippie.

My eyelashes are extremely dense and no mascara has ever been able to curl them. I always use an eyelash curler but no matter what they would always straighten out almost immediately. I bought this out of a wim because the last mascara wasn't that great and this one ended up being fantastic. It curls my lashes amazingly and they stay curled all day. Its even pretty water proof which is great if you swim. I love this mascara and I will buy it again. The only dislike is that it doesn't volumize that much it isn't meant for that anyway

on 7/25/2015 1:24:00 PM

I am a drugstore mascara junkie. always hunting for the one. I've found nyx mascaras to be all over the place. I love some and hate some. This one is right in the middle. Its a very thin, wet formula which I prefer. It does take forever to dry. It is extremely difficult to remove! Its ok for length (what I want most in mascara), better than a lot of others that I've bought. Great for curling and separating. Not super for volume. I'm not big on volume so this works for me. This is not a super dramatic mascara but a nice daytime formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wanted to love this mascara, but your mileage may vary. I wear contacts and have extremely sensitive eyes. I received this mascara as a free gift with one of my online ulta purchases. I adore the packaging and the curved wand. It is a little bulky, but I typically don't carry mascara around with me, so that was a non-issue.

I love the way my lashes look when I first apply this mascara, but after a few hours I inevitably end up with it flaking all over my face and my eyes feel irritated and itchy. I typically do not have problems with mascara running or flaking, but this was a deal breaker for me :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was just ok... nothing spectacular as I wasn't impressed :/ Better mascaras out there

on 6/8/2015 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I purchased a NYX "Complete look box" at my local Ulta for about $30, which was quite a deal because it came with 3 eye shadows, an eye liner, a lip butter stick, and a mascara. The mascara in this box was the Pin Up tease.
I really love the formula, it's pretty thin, but the more you layer it the better it gets. The only down side of this mascara, for me, is the wand. It's like the Cat eye Colossal wand from Maybelline, I don't care for the curved wands, i feel like it looks amazing on one eye, but doesn't have the same effect for the other.
I wish they would make this formula with NYX Badunkadunk's wand. It would be so perfect.
Also, another thing when working with this mascara is that taking it off is the WORST!!
Other than that, it does exactly what it claims to do. I highly recommend visiting Ulta and getting one of those NYX boxes, it's such a great steal.

on 4/12/2015 7:13:00 PM

This is a good mascara. I am shocked that I like it because it has multiple things about it that I normally hate about other mascaras, like how wet the formula is and the bristles on the wand etc. I was looking for a curling mascara and this one does curl really well. It looks best if you apply multiple coats in thin layers and wait 30-60 seconds in between each coat. That way it lengthens and you can get it to thicken up even though it's one of those plastic brush like wands instead of the soft ones that usually thicken better. Overall I really am satisfied and this mascara continues to make me a die hard NYX fan.