NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 5/25/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted a powder that gave a little coverage, but mainly to take the shine off my oily deydrated skin and take down SS shine.

It does this adequately with little product, I use a brush and not the sponge as this packs on the coverage and that is not my aim. I can get 6 hrs of shine free action out of this and after that my face gets progressively dewy until I am ready to cleanse. Only on really oily days do I want to touch up at the 5hr mark, so I'm pleased.

I had to buy 2 colours, Nutmeg SMP14 (yellow toned) and Chesnut SMP15 (slightly warmer). The US online guide to shades I think are a little off and I am glad I went to the store to check how NYX colours run. Although I couldn't test these particular powders as they are only availble online. Boo. In selected Boots UK they have the full range of liquid foundation colours.

So I use chestnut around my mouth, jaw, outer edges of forehead and cheek contour. Using the same brush I'll use nutmeg on my inner cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. This just blurs my PIH marks but for further coverage (when I am moved to) I've gone in with an eyeshadow blending brush and touched those areas up. This keeps things seemless and simple. I would call the finish demi matte and using the sponge for a heavier coverage results in a weird matt plastic look on my face.

Using the brush I would say it can get messy, with powder flying around. So I kinda do a half swirl and stamp and then buff into my skin with a synthetic kabuki. It doesn't end up in my hair or anywhere else then.

I have worn this everyday since I bought it (a month ago) and it hasn't broken me out nor irritated my tetchy skin.

I have acne prone/ dehydrated norm-oily/ tetchy skin.

I would repurchase as the price isn't prohibitive for 2, however there are other brands I wanna try.

on 7/27/2012 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have this product in #10 Caramel, and I am not sure how I feel about it or whether I would buy again. I had hoped that it would be a good replacement for MAC StudioFix since I can never find a good color match. This product is not that heavy (coverage-wise) nor does it have a good enough depth of color for my face. I have found a use for it though, as a powder to tone down the ruddiness of N9 StudioFix powder, and to tone down the MAC Matchmaster foundation I had left sitting in a drawer for all these months. I am grateful to have it for this use, but that just demotes it down to a setting powder, pretty much. I have enough of those.