NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.3

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!

on 12/21/2014 3:47:00 PM

This is a repurchase for me and it has also replaced my MAC MSF Natural. I use it to set liquid foundation. I use two shades, Nude and Warm Beige. I used to use MSF in Light Plus and Med Dark, for both powders it's almost $60.. it's $10 for a Stay Matte Not Flat and they're always going on sale. It not an exact dupe because it could look cakey if packed on. MSF almost never looks cakey. The compact is a bit bulky but it's kinda the norm for compacts with a separate compartment for the sponge.

This is pretty good. It gives light coverage and doesn't look Cakey. The only downside is the packaging. It's very bulky and I don't get any use out of the sponge

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

A new Ulta store just recently opened in Nashville and I was ecstatic to find NYX products because I haven't been able to find them anywhere here. I was just about to buy a powder foundation from LORAC and when I saw this from NYX I thought I would try it and omg . . . love it! The packaging is very similar to LORAC and the texture is finely milled and goes on smooth for a gorgeous matte finish. Just as it says, it is "matte but not flat". I was surprised at some of the low ratings for this product and totally agree with the previous reviewer that this is an awesome foundation powder. This could very well be an excellent LORAC dupe for a fraction of the price!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This doesn't serve as a powder foundation, but works well to layer over liquid foundation for additional coverage; or, in my case, to provide a good dose of yellow because my liquid foundation isn't yellow enough. I buff it on with my EM long-handled kabuki brush. When I do so on a bare face it doesn't stay on at all. It's too powdery. But when I buff it on top of foundation, it's like it has something to stick to, and provides a good layer of additional coverage. And then I don't set it at all. And, as I said, it's a great dose of yellow to put on top of my EltaMD and NYX HD, which are slightly too beige for my skin.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I was watching a youtuber named emilynoel83 and she mentioned how much she loved this foundation and how good it is with shine control. Well, I don't have the same love for this. I purchased this at Ulta and right off the bat, I was having a problem trying to find the right shade for me. I'm Medium with Olive tones and wear NC40 in MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation. Ulta has a limited selection for this NYX powder foundation. Out of the medium shades in their selection, I swatched shades: SMP05, SMP06, SMP07, SMP08, SMP09 and SMP10. Out of these shades, SMP08 (Golden Beige) Medium with beige undertone was a bit too light but had the right undertone. The next shade SMP09 (Tan) Medium with golden undertone is a nice shade match however the tone is too red for my skin. SMP09 looks like NW30 in MAC. When I compared it to my MAC Studio Fix powder in NC40, I could see a huge tone difference. SMP09 makes me appear sunburnt. The following shade SMP10 (Caramel) was too dark shade wise and very noticably red in tone. I could try SMP11 (Sienna) medium with warm tones to see if that works or just purchase the SMP08 (Golden Beige) and apply a light dusting of bronzer over it. To be honest, this is a lot of thought and effort to put into a medicore powder! NYX considers this foundation to be full coverage. I beg to differ. I found this foundation to be just a regular ho hum setting powder with very little coverage. This foundation didn't cover any blemishes even with multiple layers. Also, this doesn't control my oil. I still needed an additional powder to blot the oily spots. Some of the good qualities with this powder is that it never looks cakey. Even with multiple layers, it makes your skin look like skin. I also like that this powder doesn't cling on to dry flakes. This foundation gives such a nice glow without any shimmer or glitter in it. Another good quality is that this powder doesn't break me out or clog my pores. I guess I don't have a real need for this type of powder because it doesn't control my oil to be a setting powder and it doesn't offer enough coverage to be a foundation.

on 7/11/2012 8:50:00 AM

1. Price: Kind of expensive for what it does.

2. Packaging: Ok, I admit it, the packaging is pretty freaking cute, sturdy and expensive looking and feeling.

3. Quality: I don't know, but it felt kinda itchy once I had it on...as if my skin could not breathe. The smell didn't help either. It's kinda hard to describe, kinda like burnt rubber. As far as coverage ...its minimal. This could be an okay setting powder at the most, shouldn't be called a powder foundation. I prefer the NYX TWIN CAKE POWDER over this ANY DAY.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got SMP 06 Medium Beige and SMP 07 Warm Beige because I really needed a compact powder to carry around. I liked the color selection for my very yellow Asian undertone, for loose powders I usually mix a straight yellow color corrector to keep from looking dull grayish pink. I think the packaging is quite nice for a drugstore brand and I replaced the sponge with a puff because it works better to fill in my large pores. That's the favorable side of the review.

I also get quite oily and whether I use this over BB cream, liquid foundation, or just primer, I notice the shine in under an hour without sweating. "Sweat Resistant"? "stay matte"? I think not. And as for "Apply dry (as is) for full coverage" (side of box)? Not by a long shot but its not the worst in the drugstore range. It also doesn't do much to cover my pores, even with a pore primer, using puff, brush, or sponge and I have tried better ones but most didn't have my color shade like this. Its an ok compact powder but no substitute for a real powder foundation. Will probably return at least one of the two.

on 6/23/2012 9:29:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I bought this to use as a setting powder over foundation, and it works decently for that purpose. The little sponge they give you in the compact is a joke! I use a brush to apply this over foundation, but beware with this technique-there is tremendous fallout.

Overall, it doesn't feel like anything to write home about, but it works for what I need from it. I certainly wouldn't use this as a foundation--when I tried to apply it to bare skin, it looked blotchy and kind of caked. But using a brush to gently apply this over foundation for setting purposes is fine.

For about 10 bucks this powder is my new friend ;)
I set my foundation normally with MAC Studio Fix powder in NC25 for that extra matte staying power which just started getting oily and cakey looking due to the warmer weather (or my new primer).
Anyhoo fast forward; seen this at Ulta for about 9.99 so i said why not I can always return i guess..
I purchased in the shade 03 Natural which has the PERFECT amont of yellow undertone NC25 (hard to find in "drugstore" products). It kept me matte for atlest 6 hours if not more. I did use this as a setting powder and have not tried it on its own yet, and probably will not knowing how good it looked and stayed put in my normal routine.Little tiny bit of shine started at the very end of the day but it looked glowy not greesy. For 10 bucks I cannot beat that. This powder makes me want to start purchasing more NYX products and giving them a chance.

I would not recommend this product on its own for someone with dry/flakey skin patches or what-not because powder just naturally makes those areas bigger problems.