NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 4/22/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a shame! I love the brand and many products in this brand but this was a disappointment. I tried two shades thinking that maybe they were not matching but the problem was the patchy and uneven texture of this product. I applied primer, it was still off. I tried moisturizer, and that was even worse. So sorry, NYX! This is not like MAC Studio Fix at all.

on 4/16/2018 3:23:00 PM

I had heard good things about NYX as a brand so when I ran out of my usual facial powder and saw it in the shops for £5 I thought that I would give it ago. However,I was disappointed to find that when I applied the shade soft beige it appeared orange on my skin. At first i had used a brush instead of the sponge it came with so I believed this may be the reason for the orangeish appearance but I tried it with the sponge only to see no change in the colouring. I tried using very little of the product and using my fingers but I still saw little change in the colour. I wouldn't of been so disappointed if I hadn't spent so much time comparing the different shades to find the right match but unfortunately I wasted my money on a product I will not be able to use. I bought it from a local b&m which I know sells good make up products such as mabeylline for slightly lower prices which I purchased before with no problems so I knew the store was reliable with official products. I am unsure wether the packaging on the powder was wrong as the shade was so far off what was promised it seems the product couldn't be that dark.overall I would buy from nyx as I'm unsure if this was just a mix up however it had definitely made me think twice about which of there products I will look at in future. Thank you,penny :)

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.

on 10/24/2016 1:13:00 PM

I had been using Pur Minerals (P.M.) until I found this product. The lady at the store said that surprising NYX is an under-rated line and many of their products are excellent. I was originally very happy with the product - it was much less expensive than P.M. but it doesn't last as long - perhaps since there is not as much product in the compact and is not packed as firmly. I found it a bit messy to put on as the powder is very light and that is probably also why the coverage is not as good.

on 10/26/2015 9:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Generally good coverage, great for fair skin

on 9/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to have a pressed powder compact handy for quick shine touch ups and occasionally to set my under-eye concealer. Grabbing the package off the shelf I had not realized it was powder foundation; but I'm glad I bought it!

While applying with a damp sponge there were a few spots I had to blend with my finger to remove a powdery film. Otherwise it was blendable, afforded an even and light finish, color was good (light-medium worked for me). I waited for it to set expecting a mask-like look to set in - never happened. Brightened up my look a bit.

I've only used a similar product by Lancôme, which was cakey and dull and made me look sick. By comparison, this product is an absolute godsend.

The finish lasted all day.

on 6/19/2015 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I adore this powder foundation!!! I cannot say enough good about it. I have combination to oily skin with neutral-yellow undertones. I will say that this is not super matte and it is not super duper longlasting for those of you with really oily skin. But I like the finish, it looks very natural on me, not powdery at all and I don't mind carrying it with me to reapply it when I need it. I use it with a primer or milk of magnesia as a primer to control better my oily T-zone, especially in summer time, but don't do this everyday because it can alter your skin pH, just occasionally.
The medium beige shade (SMP06) is a perfect match for my NC25 summer skin and the shade #03 "natural", goes with my NC20 winter skin. I love the fact that the web site tells you for each shade which undertones it has; that made it so much easier to find my perfect match; I wish all cosmetics companies would do this! and that should be written on the packaging too. The price point is great, very affordable. I just love it.

This product is labeled as a powder Foundation, but I think it is much better as a setting powder. I was looking for a cheap replacement for my MAC studio fix powder because I like just wearing that on lazy days for Foundatio . This did not fit the bill. The color was a good match but it didn't have the coverage I was looking for in a foundation. As a setting powder it works great and has a nice finish. I would buy it again as a setting powder, but never again for Foundation.

on 9/25/2014 10:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as a powder to go over my foundation or bb cream. I think it is a great medium coverage powder. I love that it looks like my actual skin. To me it had a natural look and feel and matches my skin great (I use soft beige). When my face is clearer I use it with my hope in a jar A to Z bb cream and benefit porefessional primer. When I need a little more coverage I use it with benefit primer and maybelline dream wonder fluid (which seems to cover most imperfections).

on 8/30/2014 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is just an okay setting powder. It really doesn't do anything to control the oil on my face. By lunchtime, my forehead and nose are just as oily as if I didn't use any powder at all. I usually love most NYX products, but I think there are better drugstore setting powders.