NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 4/22/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a shame! I love the brand and many products in this brand but this was a disappointment. I tried two shades thinking that maybe they were not matching but the problem was the patchy and uneven texture of this product. I applied primer, it was still off. I tried moisturizer, and that was even worse. So sorry, NYX! This is not like MAC Studio Fix at all.

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just got mine so I've only used it about three times now I know that much but I freaking loveee this powder totally worth my money the shade I'm using is SMP03 in natural. It keep me matte very well and very good coverage. I have large pores the powder does not make my pores look bigger which some powder tend to do that sometimes. overall love this powder 100% repurchasing this powder. by the way I live in a very hot and humid country so for it to keep me shine free is absolute winner. I also got a few compliment when I'm wearing this powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I like this a lot but it does feel slightly thick and heavy on the skin, does not look heavy just feels that way. For the look and coverage it gives I will probably repurchase but I wish it kept my oil at bay but it does not . I get shiny just as quick as I would with a liquid or any other foundation. No oil control at all.

on 12/6/2013 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

i have a pretty oily face, so when i saw this product at my local Ulta i decided to give it a try. i dont need much coverage, so this worked perfect as a foundation for me...about a month into using the product...i noticed my face was completely broken out. i havent gotten pimples on my forehead since hs, and im 25. behold, broken out forehead. i noticed my cheeks are extremely broken out, and i'm beginning to wonder if its because im using NYX blush . regardless, if your skin can handle this product, i'd say go for it. unfortunately, won't be purchasing again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Gross powder. It's really yellow and it doesn't even cover that great plus it makes you look like you're wearing a mask. If it gets wet it looks really nasty and bizarre. Not for oily skin. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone though. Pricy for such a shitty powder too.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

The name is a flat-out lie. It does not keep me matte at all. It doesn't even feel like I put on any powder right after I applied it. I use it as a setting powder, following my Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream, and for a little extra coverage. The coverage is slight, which is why I gave this a 2 instead of a 1. I don't know how they can call it "Stay Matte" because there is absolutely no mattifying properties in this. Even if I use the sponge it came with and pack it on, I'm greasy an hour later and an oil slick by lunch. Sigh, still in search of that awesome mattifying powder...

on 7/30/2012 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

As a powder this would get a 1. I have the color in Tan but it's very yellow and looks very unnatural on me, but the color before is too light (NC42). The coverage is very sheer, I feel like the powder is not very finely milled compared to MAC studio careblend for example and no this does not stay matte nor control oil at all. However....this is an awesome everyday bronzer. The very yellow tone of this gives my face enough depth which makes it look very natural. There's no orange or brown tone to it and I've experienced no oxidation at all, although I do have to used a lot of the product when I use as bronzer. I'm just wanting to use it up so I can get rid of it and not feel like I've wasted money.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta, they had a sale going on w/ nyx products and I decided to give this a try. I got mine in #10 caramel..
1. I thought it would have some coverage but, at least for my skin. It doesnt have any.
2. I do have very oily skin and this does not help control it, I think it made it worse.
3. After applying it makes my skin very itchy (hints why I can't build coverage on it)
&& last but not least
Don't like how the powder gets very messy..
I don't think I'll be buying this anytime soon again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this at Ulta with high hopes. I have VERY oily skin and I am always on the look out for new products that may help my oil slick...this was a dud. The powder is chalky and does not blend well, tried dry and with a wet sponge, and it oxidizes terribly. Initially the color was good for me and after about an hour I looked like an orange clown. Going to makeup heaven...