NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 10/9/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this powder foundation. It has medium coverage it doesn’t make my eyes look 100 and it is truly transfer proof. But i hit pan in 2 weeks. First time for me as I usually throw powders for not finishing them in the usual recommended 12 months. On the fence about this one.

on 4/16/2018 3:23:00 PM

I had heard good things about NYX as a brand so when I ran out of my usual facial powder and saw it in the shops for £5 I thought that I would give it ago. However,I was disappointed to find that when I applied the shade soft beige it appeared orange on my skin. At first i had used a brush instead of the sponge it came with so I believed this may be the reason for the orangeish appearance but I tried it with the sponge only to see no change in the colouring. I tried using very little of the product and using my fingers but I still saw little change in the colour. I wouldn't of been so disappointed if I hadn't spent so much time comparing the different shades to find the right match but unfortunately I wasted my money on a product I will not be able to use. I bought it from a local b&m which I know sells good make up products such as mabeylline for slightly lower prices which I purchased before with no problems so I knew the store was reliable with official products. I am unsure wether the packaging on the powder was wrong as the shade was so far off what was promised it seems the product couldn't be that dark.overall I would buy from nyx as I'm unsure if this was just a mix up however it had definitely made me think twice about which of there products I will look at in future. Thank you,penny :)

on 3/19/2017 8:00:00 PM

I don't understand the hype with this. I purchased this in Porcelain hoping it would be a higher coverage powder. This is WHITE, like I have never seen a foundation so light in my life and the medium was too dark. I found this very cakey, even if applied wet and didn't really cover well for me.

on 5/25/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted a powder that gave a little coverage, but mainly to take the shine off my oily deydrated skin and take down SS shine.

It does this adequately with little product, I use a brush and not the sponge as this packs on the coverage and that is not my aim. I can get 6 hrs of shine free action out of this and after that my face gets progressively dewy until I am ready to cleanse. Only on really oily days do I want to touch up at the 5hr mark, so I'm pleased.

I had to buy 2 colours, Nutmeg SMP14 (yellow toned) and Chesnut SMP15 (slightly warmer). The US online guide to shades I think are a little off and I am glad I went to the store to check how NYX colours run. Although I couldn't test these particular powders as they are only availble online. Boo. In selected Boots UK they have the full range of liquid foundation colours.

So I use chestnut around my mouth, jaw, outer edges of forehead and cheek contour. Using the same brush I'll use nutmeg on my inner cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. This just blurs my PIH marks but for further coverage (when I am moved to) I've gone in with an eyeshadow blending brush and touched those areas up. This keeps things seemless and simple. I would call the finish demi matte and using the sponge for a heavier coverage results in a weird matt plastic look on my face.

Using the brush I would say it can get messy, with powder flying around. So I kinda do a half swirl and stamp and then buff into my skin with a synthetic kabuki. It doesn't end up in my hair or anywhere else then.

I have worn this everyday since I bought it (a month ago) and it hasn't broken me out nor irritated my tetchy skin.

I have acne prone/ dehydrated norm-oily/ tetchy skin.

I would repurchase as the price isn't prohibitive for 2, however there are other brands I wanna try.

on 8/18/2015 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I wouldn't call this a powder foundation as the coverage isn't there. However, it's a great if you're not looking for huge amounts of coverage. I can even out my skin tone with this but definitely need to use concealer. Somehow, this powder makes my skin look really good even though the finish looks like I haven't applied any powder. It doesn't even leave a smoothed finish but still it strangely makes my skin look good! Also, the oil control is the best I've ever had with a powder. This is a major plus for me as my forehead usually starts looking oily in an hour. It also definitely won't make your skin look flat - just matte!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Love the idea of powder foundation for a quick makeup in the morning. This actually looked good on me, not too flat, but I broke out every time I wore it. The last time I tried it, I wore only the powder, just to see if that was the cause. Three hours later, I had little pimples all around my face. Wish I'd kept the receipt, because I can't use it now.

on 3/10/2015 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using MAC studio fix powder for awhile now and I'm in love with the studio fix. I've recently moved out and I've been trying to scrape up extra money every time I need powder (which I go through pretty fast because I wear makeup nearly everyday.) so I decided to try this out because the price is only 9.99 and it claims to be full coverage and sweat resistant. So today is the first day I've worn it. It held up pretty well through out the day. The full coverage part was a lot truer this morning when I had a fresh face. I work at a tanning salon so I put it to the test with its claim to be sweat resistant and tanned. When I got out majority of it was still on except on my forehead where I sweat and around my nose and jawline where I rest my hand or get oily. MAC studio fix definitely holds up better after an 8 hour shift and a tan but I was pretty impressed with this product since it's only 9.99 as studio fix is 30.00 something after taxes at my local promenade mall (since they have their own tax 😒)

on 4/3/2014 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I have my reservations when it comes to this product. I don't like a product that I can feel on my face and this is one of them, use lightly. It works great I tells ya that!!! LOL. However, it does have a slight odor to it. I can only describe the odor as burnt plastic? But its slight. Still a bit offputting though. I would still repurchase this item, for some reason I love the NYX line.

I wanted to love this product sooo bad, but unfortunately I ended up really really NOT liking this...I purchased in Nude for my NC20-25 skin. The coverage was weak and even though I purchased Nude which is the second to the lightest shade....my face ended up looking muddy and dull!!! I put the rest of my makeup on thinking I just had to put my full face on for the full effect.....WRONG.....I couldn't stand it so much I took it off and put my old foundation on.

I used Mac Studio Fix for years but once my dermatologist told me to stop because the ingredients were not good for acne prone skin I switched to Neutrogena mineral powder foundation. I liked that but still was not totally satisfied. I don't like the bismuth in other mineral foundations either so a good powder foundation is hard to find. I switched to Almay Clear Complextion liquid foundation in Sand, which is a perfect shade for gals with golden undertones. I top off with the Almay Clear Complextion powder in light. I will stay with that combo for my liquid foundation routine....and the search continues for my HG powder foundation :(

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Where have you been all my life!? Talc free and absorbs oil and best of all doesn't break me out at all! I've used so many different powders and after using this one I will NEVER use any other again! It's a super good price too it's only $10 but with my $3.50 off $10 or more transaction I only pay about $7 with tax so that's a plus! Ulta always has this coupon up in their site so use it if your purchasing there! I but the color "natural" which is a light golden color which is great for those like myself with neutral and golden undertones. It has no sparkle or glitter so it definitely is matte. It makes my skin look nice and "glowing" so it lives to to its name "stay matte not flat" which is great. The size of the powder is a good amount for the money paid for it but for some reason I find my self buying a new one every week and half so I'm not sure if it runs out that quick or I just use that much but i don't mind because its great! This is my HG powder.