NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Dry
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.0

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I brought this in the shade Alabaster, it appeared to be good shade at first but a couple of hours later I felt it looked to caked all over the face. I used a brush to put it on as I didn't like the sponge it came with. I would only use it to set where I have put concealer. The powder is finely milled as other brands but for £10.50, I think it does the job well. Its handy to put in your handbag for a quick touchup during the day. I wouldn't use it as a foundation alone but good. to use as a setting powder and touchups.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.

on 9/1/2015 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like to have a pressed powder compact handy for quick shine touch ups and occasionally to set my under-eye concealer. Grabbing the package off the shelf I had not realized it was powder foundation; but I'm glad I bought it!

While applying with a damp sponge there were a few spots I had to blend with my finger to remove a powdery film. Otherwise it was blendable, afforded an even and light finish, color was good (light-medium worked for me). I waited for it to set expecting a mask-like look to set in - never happened. Brightened up my look a bit.

I've only used a similar product by Lancôme, which was cakey and dull and made me look sick. By comparison, this product is an absolute godsend.

The finish lasted all day.

on 11/23/2014 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Use a light hand, soft brush and gentle swipes to make this work. It is definitely matte but doesn't really blend into the skin, knocking it down a few pegs as both a foundation and finishing powder. I'm not even a fan of matte finishes but am going through this surprisingly quickly, seeing pan after only 3 months which is strange for only occasional use. Would be good to carry in a bag for touchups or oil control as it's a sturdy compact with mirror but no application tool. It is also a tad yellow in the nude shade, so beware if you have cool undertones. Won't repurchase as I have dry skin and oil control is not necessary and this level of matte is not flattering. There are better matte powder foundations out there but this is OK for the price point.

on 3/24/2013 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got this after seeing its repeated in Emily Noel's yt videos. Luckily ULTA always has testers for their NYX foundations so I was quickly able to spot Soft Beige as being the closest to my yellow NC25 skin. I wear MAC MSF in Medium Plus for added warmth so I was looking for a similar effect, not exact shade match to wear over concealer to make everything more even & flawless. Coverage is quite good, medium and leaves a dewy finish, I love. I dont know if NYX has recently changed its formula or not because I was quite hesitant with this product because of the oxidizing issue many on MUA warned. I wore it for many days in a row & checked in various lights throughout the days and had no issues of the color darkening/orangeing out. However I did notice the wear wasn't superior quality. I often got blotchy (even after using Skindinavia setting spray on top) and I have quite dry skin. I almost always needed to touch up and made the mistake of not having a kabuki on hand and got instantly scared. It was so much darker/orange/muddy looking. I became so conscious of my technique on initial application and just accepted the sloppy blotch face at the end of the day, until I realized its not even worth the effort. On to the next powder search.

PROS:
- Sets well
- Moderate coverage

CONS:
- Cakes on VERY easily
- Separates after a couple hours
- Makes skin itchy

This foundation is just average.. Nothing special. If you want a good cheap powder get Loreal.

on 1/29/2013 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm so disappointed. I gave this a try as an alternative to EDM. Big mistake. The coverage is not buildable. It's sheer - at best. I tried buffing it in with a flat top brush, still sheer. Tried using the sponge applicator, still sheer. Tried it wet, still sheer. SIGH. It's definitely NOT good as a foundation but it's decent as a pressed powder, so that's what I use it for. I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for medium-full coverage that is buildable. Back to EDM - my HG.