NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

2.9

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I brought this in the shade Alabaster, it appeared to be good shade at first but a couple of hours later I felt it looked to caked all over the face. I used a brush to put it on as I didn't like the sponge it came with. I would only use it to set where I have put concealer. The powder is finely milled as other brands but for £10.50, I think it does the job well. Its handy to put in your handbag for a quick touchup during the day. I wouldn't use it as a foundation alone but good. to use as a setting powder and touchups.

I tried this back in 2012. I feel as if they changed the formula.

The 2012 formula was closer to MAC Studio Fix powder plus. The updated version I bought in 2017 is a lighter coverage with shimmer in it. So it's a nice glow to the skin.

The old version was cakey and not as finely milled. The new version is definitely more finely milled. The only downside I can find to this new version is the lack of coverage. If they stepped that up this would be a HG.

But for now I'll stick to other powder foundations.

I bought this to replace my much loved but no longer available Flower Powder Foundation. I live in Canada where the Flower line was discontinued, but I was in LOVE with the coverage and feel of their powder foundation. It gave light to medium coverage but sort of blurred my pores.

This foundation appealed to me because it is available in some extremely pale shades and because I like to forego liquid products on occasion without compromising coverage.

While this definitely can't completely replace my beloved Flower Foundation, it is a close second. The shade I got matches my pale skin really well, and this product works great using the included sponge for medium coverage, or as a light setting powder with a brush. My skin has been extremely oily this summer and this foundation keeps me matte most of the day, with a slight touch up about five hours into wear.

I love that it is not completely flat, there is a slight sheen, almost indiscernible, that makes for a very natural finish. Lovely product, I will repurchase for sure.

I'm a MAC NC25 and I live in a humid tropical climate in Southeast Asia. This foundation sets on the skin matte as it says but the colouring is a little off - a whitish cast is noticeable. It is not as natural looking as MAC Studio Fix or even MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25.

The matte effect does not last long either, as after 3-4 hours my nose would be shiny.

In terms of the texture of the powder, I find that it's not as finely milled as MAC, and it does sit heavily on the skin - you can feel the powder on your skin.

I don't like the way the plastic packaging feels, rather cheap looking and feeling.

on 3/20/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Im pretty pale, so i need a powder thats light and wont make my already slightly darker foundation that little bit lighter, so i got the second lightest shade and it matches well! I wear it everyday but just not alone, only with other foundations, ive hit pan so i need to get another soon!

on 3/19/2017 8:00:00 PM

I don't understand the hype with this. I purchased this in Porcelain hoping it would be a higher coverage powder. This is WHITE, like I have never seen a foundation so light in my life and the medium was too dark. I found this very cakey, even if applied wet and didn't really cover well for me.

on 11/5/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the finish, I think it would probably feel better on the face with a setting spray. doesn't sink into my smile lines. Only keeps me matte up to 4 hours

on 8/5/2016 12:50:00 PM

I've recently given up the idea that a liquid foundation could work for my combo skin, so for the past year I've been on a powder foundation hunt! I've tried quite a few at this stage and have to say this is up there with the best. It's not as full coverage as it claims so if you're after heavy duty coverage I'm not sure this would be ideal. It works well however in evening out my skin tone and covering the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. It feels so light on my skin and tend to forget I'm wearing makeup at all which for me is a huge plus. The packaging has air holes in the bottom which is a nice touch if you're using the sponge provided, but the plastic box in itself is a bit flimsy imo. Overall I'm very pleased and it will definitely be repurchased.

on 7/8/2016 7:56:00 AM

After several years, my acne finally calmed down, and i had to find a product which suited my now pretty clear (1-3 small zits maybe), fair and a little oily skin. I tried the the bare minerals powder foundation, but found that it just gives too much coverage, and looks too powdery on my face.

After i wash my face, i apply moisturizer, then 15 minutes after i apply some concealer to trouble areas, then this. I buff it into my skin with the mineral powder brush from sephora (45). This makes my skin look absolutely amazing! the finish is not too matte or too shiny. it looks like my actual skin is just this beautiful! i cannot recommend this enough.

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!