NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.2

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 7/8/2016 7:56:00 AM

After several years, my acne finally calmed down, and i had to find a product which suited my now pretty clear (1-3 small zits maybe), fair and a little oily skin. I tried the the bare minerals powder foundation, but found that it just gives too much coverage, and looks too powdery on my face.

After i wash my face, i apply moisturizer, then 15 minutes after i apply some concealer to trouble areas, then this. I buff it into my skin with the mineral powder brush from sephora (45). This makes my skin look absolutely amazing! the finish is not too matte or too shiny. it looks like my actual skin is just this beautiful! i cannot recommend this enough.

on 6/26/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product to help lighten up my summer makeup routine. It's so hot and humid where I live so wearing a ton of makeup is not always fun. I have tried wearing this by applying with both a wet and dry method. I have found that I like the dry method better even if it takes a little longer to build up the coverage. When I apply it wet I feel it sticks to my dry spots and does not blend out well. I apply my moisturizer with SPF first, then a pore less primer and then start applying this with a large powder brush. I then apply my blush and everything else and I find it looks very natural when I apply it this way. It's not going to give you full coverage but it is buildable to medium coverage.

To Read all 146 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!

on 5/25/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted a powder that gave a little coverage, but mainly to take the shine off my oily deydrated skin and take down SS shine.

It does this adequately with little product, I use a brush and not the sponge as this packs on the coverage and that is not my aim. I can get 6 hrs of shine free action out of this and after that my face gets progressively dewy until I am ready to cleanse. Only on really oily days do I want to touch up at the 5hr mark, so I'm pleased.

I had to buy 2 colours, Nutmeg SMP14 (yellow toned) and Chesnut SMP15 (slightly warmer). The US online guide to shades I think are a little off and I am glad I went to the store to check how NYX colours run. Although I couldn't test these particular powders as they are only availble online. Boo. In selected Boots UK they have the full range of liquid foundation colours.

So I use chestnut around my mouth, jaw, outer edges of forehead and cheek contour. Using the same brush I'll use nutmeg on my inner cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. This just blurs my PIH marks but for further coverage (when I am moved to) I've gone in with an eyeshadow blending brush and touched those areas up. This keeps things seemless and simple. I would call the finish demi matte and using the sponge for a heavier coverage results in a weird matt plastic look on my face.

Using the brush I would say it can get messy, with powder flying around. So I kinda do a half swirl and stamp and then buff into my skin with a synthetic kabuki. It doesn't end up in my hair or anywhere else then.

I have worn this everyday since I bought it (a month ago) and it hasn't broken me out nor irritated my tetchy skin.

I have acne prone/ dehydrated norm-oily/ tetchy skin.

I would repurchase as the price isn't prohibitive for 2, however there are other brands I wanna try.

on 5/18/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a powder foundation to lighten up my routine for the summer but sadly, this isn't it. The powder gives light coverage when used dry, and light leaning medium coverage when applied with a damp sponge. It's certainly not enough coverage for someone like me who suffers from rosacea and broken capillaries. On application it can be a bit cakey, though it does settle down well enough. It feels oddly heavier than my normal liquid and cream foundations despite being a powder. On my oily skin it barely lasts 3 hours before starting to break down and fade away entirely. I thought a powder foundation might be less hassle, but since I would have to touch up so often, it is actually more work than it is worth.

I've also tried using it as a finishing powder to add a bit more coverage to my blotchy cheeks. In this way it works well enough, although it does tend to cake on top of liquid foundations so I only do this sparingly. It still does not provide much oil control when used in this way, and it has a very powdery appearance.

Overall this just didn't suit my needs. I think someone with overall better skin that is neither particularly oily nor dry with less noticeable pores would probably get better results.

on 4/19/2016 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Limited color selection that tends to lean pink and applied highly cakey on my dry skin. Did not enjoy this and would not recommend for anyone with dry skin with golden undertones.

This would probably work for normal/oily skin with neutral or cool undertones.

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

I absolutely LOVE this powder. Usually I use Neutrogena, but since Ulta was out of my shade, I decided to try this. It provides great additional coverage over my base foundation and stays on all day without becoming all blotchy. It blends nicely and I love the feel of it. Definitely sticking with this from now on since it's amazing and around the same price as the Neutrogena ($10).

on 2/17/2016 3:42:00 PM

So I bought this product because I was looking to find a foundation powder cheaper than the one I normally bought and I have to say I regret doing so. The packaging is a lot cuter than the other powder foundation I use which I liked because it looks more elegant but the product itself is by far the worst I've used in a long time. It says on the box that for full coverage apply dry but for heavy duty coverage apply with wet sponge my skin type is normal for a 25 year old maybe a little more oily than others but not too much. I hate how this powder has a shimmer too it. I am not a fan. I don't need much coverage so I've only tried using the product with a dry sponge. My advice on this product is to pass it up if you don't like your entire face looking like you used shimmer. I will say the powder is very light feeling an I do love that it is very nice to feel like I am not wearing a lot of make up.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just got mine so I've only used it about three times now I know that much but I freaking loveee this powder totally worth my money the shade I'm using is SMP03 in natural. It keep me matte very well and very good coverage. I have large pores the powder does not make my pores look bigger which some powder tend to do that sometimes. overall love this powder 100% repurchasing this powder. by the way I live in a very hot and humid country so for it to keep me shine free is absolute winner. I also got a few compliment when I'm wearing this powder.

This stuff is awesome! While everyone's skin is different mine is combo and it is difficult to find a powder that looks good on my pale olive skin. This stuff looks exactly like Mac Studio fix on my skin. It doesn't last as long but setting spray fixes that. I'm so happy I don't have to spend an arm and a leg to get good powder anymore. I use it over foundation when I need it to last super long. Looks beautiful. It's worth a try in my opinion.