NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 3/20/2017 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Im pretty pale, so i need a powder thats light and wont make my already slightly darker foundation that little bit lighter, so i got the second lightest shade and it matches well! I wear it everyday but just not alone, only with other foundations, ive hit pan so i need to get another soon!

on 3/19/2017 8:00:00 PM

I don't understand the hype with this. I purchased this in Porcelain hoping it would be a higher coverage powder. This is WHITE, like I have never seen a foundation so light in my life and the medium was too dark. I found this very cakey, even if applied wet and didn't really cover well for me.

on 1/8/2017 3:45:00 AM

My skin is combo with the usual T-Zone oil problem, and with the good reviews i read for this product, i had high hopes.
Keep in mind that I don't use liquid foundation before i use this, only serum, moisturizer, and this powder... I was really satisfied with this for the first week, but as time goes by, there are at least 3 substantial issues that changed my mind completely about this: 1) ran out very quickly - I don't even use this everyday and don't use it that much per application, but it's only been a couple of months and already hits pan; 2) it doesn't keep my T-Zone oils at bay, even after 3 hours i blot it with oil paper, and there are lots of oil excess already; 3) after 4-5 hours of using, my face somehow looks darker (and shiny), like i just ran on a sidewalk of busy street, which is weirdly unpleasant as i have never experienced this with any other powder foundation before. Oh and it's coverage is not that good either; doesn't give me matte yet flawless finish i was aiming for.
What a waste.

on 11/10/2016 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is OK. It feels nice on but it's not very well packed in the pan (using it with a brush wastes more foundation than it uses) and the coverage isn't great. I got it for something quick to use when I couldn't be bothered with liquid foundation but still wanted to have something. It's fine for that but I couldn't recommend it for daily wear if you're like me & want full coverage.

on 11/5/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the finish, I think it would probably feel better on the face with a setting spray. doesn't sink into my smile lines. Only keeps me matte up to 4 hours

on 10/24/2016 1:13:00 PM

I had been using Pur Minerals (P.M.) until I found this product. The lady at the store said that surprising NYX is an under-rated line and many of their products are excellent. I was originally very happy with the product - it was much less expensive than P.M. but it doesn't last as long - perhaps since there is not as much product in the compact and is not packed as firmly. I found it a bit messy to put on as the powder is very light and that is probably also why the coverage is not as good.

on 8/5/2016 12:50:00 PM

I've recently given up the idea that a liquid foundation could work for my combo skin, so for the past year I've been on a powder foundation hunt! I've tried quite a few at this stage and have to say this is up there with the best. It's not as full coverage as it claims so if you're after heavy duty coverage I'm not sure this would be ideal. It works well however in evening out my skin tone and covering the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. It feels so light on my skin and tend to forget I'm wearing makeup at all which for me is a huge plus. The packaging has air holes in the bottom which is a nice touch if you're using the sponge provided, but the plastic box in itself is a bit flimsy imo. Overall I'm very pleased and it will definitely be repurchased.

on 7/8/2016 7:56:00 AM

After several years, my acne finally calmed down, and i had to find a product which suited my now pretty clear (1-3 small zits maybe), fair and a little oily skin. I tried the the bare minerals powder foundation, but found that it just gives too much coverage, and looks too powdery on my face.

After i wash my face, i apply moisturizer, then 15 minutes after i apply some concealer to trouble areas, then this. I buff it into my skin with the mineral powder brush from sephora (45). This makes my skin look absolutely amazing! the finish is not too matte or too shiny. it looks like my actual skin is just this beautiful! i cannot recommend this enough.

on 6/26/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product to help lighten up my summer makeup routine. It's so hot and humid where I live so wearing a ton of makeup is not always fun. I have tried wearing this by applying with both a wet and dry method. I have found that I like the dry method better even if it takes a little longer to build up the coverage. When I apply it wet I feel it sticks to my dry spots and does not blend out well. I apply my moisturizer with SPF first, then a pore less primer and then start applying this with a large powder brush. I then apply my blush and everything else and I find it looks very natural when I apply it this way. It's not going to give you full coverage but it is buildable to medium coverage.

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!