NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

NYX Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 1/8/2017 3:45:00 AM

My skin is combo with the usual T-Zone oil problem, and with the good reviews i read for this product, i had high hopes.
Keep in mind that I don't use liquid foundation before i use this, only serum, moisturizer, and this powder... I was really satisfied with this for the first week, but as time goes by, there are at least 3 substantial issues that changed my mind completely about this: 1) ran out very quickly - I don't even use this everyday and don't use it that much per application, but it's only been a couple of months and already hits pan; 2) it doesn't keep my T-Zone oils at bay, even after 3 hours i blot it with oil paper, and there are lots of oil excess already; 3) after 4-5 hours of using, my face somehow looks darker (and shiny), like i just ran on a sidewalk of busy street, which is weirdly unpleasant as i have never experienced this with any other powder foundation before. Oh and it's coverage is not that good either; doesn't give me matte yet flawless finish i was aiming for.
What a waste.

on 11/10/2016 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This foundation is OK. It feels nice on but it's not very well packed in the pan (using it with a brush wastes more foundation than it uses) and the coverage isn't great. I got it for something quick to use when I couldn't be bothered with liquid foundation but still wanted to have something. It's fine for that but I couldn't recommend it for daily wear if you're like me & want full coverage.

on 11/5/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love the finish, I think it would probably feel better on the face with a setting spray. doesn't sink into my smile lines. Only keeps me matte up to 4 hours

on 10/24/2016 1:13:00 PM

I had been using Pur Minerals (P.M.) until I found this product. The lady at the store said that surprising NYX is an under-rated line and many of their products are excellent. I was originally very happy with the product - it was much less expensive than P.M. but it doesn't last as long - perhaps since there is not as much product in the compact and is not packed as firmly. I found it a bit messy to put on as the powder is very light and that is probably also why the coverage is not as good.

on 8/5/2016 12:50:00 PM

I've recently given up the idea that a liquid foundation could work for my combo skin, so for the past year I've been on a powder foundation hunt! I've tried quite a few at this stage and have to say this is up there with the best. It's not as full coverage as it claims so if you're after heavy duty coverage I'm not sure this would be ideal. It works well however in evening out my skin tone and covering the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. It feels so light on my skin and tend to forget I'm wearing makeup at all which for me is a huge plus. The packaging has air holes in the bottom which is a nice touch if you're using the sponge provided, but the plastic box in itself is a bit flimsy imo. Overall I'm very pleased and it will definitely be repurchased.

on 7/8/2016 7:56:00 AM

After several years, my acne finally calmed down, and i had to find a product which suited my now pretty clear (1-3 small zits maybe), fair and a little oily skin. I tried the the bare minerals powder foundation, but found that it just gives too much coverage, and looks too powdery on my face.

After i wash my face, i apply moisturizer, then 15 minutes after i apply some concealer to trouble areas, then this. I buff it into my skin with the mineral powder brush from sephora (45). This makes my skin look absolutely amazing! the finish is not too matte or too shiny. it looks like my actual skin is just this beautiful! i cannot recommend this enough.

on 6/26/2016 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product to help lighten up my summer makeup routine. It's so hot and humid where I live so wearing a ton of makeup is not always fun. I have tried wearing this by applying with both a wet and dry method. I have found that I like the dry method better even if it takes a little longer to build up the coverage. When I apply it wet I feel it sticks to my dry spots and does not blend out well. I apply my moisturizer with SPF first, then a pore less primer and then start applying this with a large powder brush. I then apply my blush and everything else and I find it looks very natural when I apply it this way. It's not going to give you full coverage but it is buildable to medium coverage.

on 6/7/2016 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

this product is amazing for oily skin when applied with a damp beauty blender or sponge for a long lasting and oil absorbing effect! i don't know why applying it with a damp sponge does the trick but it does and it works for my super oily skin!

on 5/25/2016 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I wanted a powder that gave a little coverage, but mainly to take the shine off my oily deydrated skin and take down SS shine.

It does this adequately with little product, I use a brush and not the sponge as this packs on the coverage and that is not my aim. I can get 6 hrs of shine free action out of this and after that my face gets progressively dewy until I am ready to cleanse. Only on really oily days do I want to touch up at the 5hr mark, so I'm pleased.

I had to buy 2 colours, Nutmeg SMP14 (yellow toned) and Chesnut SMP15 (slightly warmer). The US online guide to shades I think are a little off and I am glad I went to the store to check how NYX colours run. Although I couldn't test these particular powders as they are only availble online. Boo. In selected Boots UK they have the full range of liquid foundation colours.

So I use chestnut around my mouth, jaw, outer edges of forehead and cheek contour. Using the same brush I'll use nutmeg on my inner cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. This just blurs my PIH marks but for further coverage (when I am moved to) I've gone in with an eyeshadow blending brush and touched those areas up. This keeps things seemless and simple. I would call the finish demi matte and using the sponge for a heavier coverage results in a weird matt plastic look on my face.

Using the brush I would say it can get messy, with powder flying around. So I kinda do a half swirl and stamp and then buff into my skin with a synthetic kabuki. It doesn't end up in my hair or anywhere else then.

I have worn this everyday since I bought it (a month ago) and it hasn't broken me out nor irritated my tetchy skin.

I have acne prone/ dehydrated norm-oily/ tetchy skin.

I would repurchase as the price isn't prohibitive for 2, however there are other brands I wanna try.

on 5/18/2016 7:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a powder foundation to lighten up my routine for the summer but sadly, this isn't it. The powder gives light coverage when used dry, and light leaning medium coverage when applied with a damp sponge. It's certainly not enough coverage for someone like me who suffers from rosacea and broken capillaries. On application it can be a bit cakey, though it does settle down well enough. It feels oddly heavier than my normal liquid and cream foundations despite being a powder. On my oily skin it barely lasts 3 hours before starting to break down and fade away entirely. I thought a powder foundation might be less hassle, but since I would have to touch up so often, it is actually more work than it is worth.

I've also tried using it as a finishing powder to add a bit more coverage to my blotchy cheeks. In this way it works well enough, although it does tend to cake on top of liquid foundations so I only do this sparingly. It still does not provide much oil control when used in this way, and it has a very powdery appearance.

Overall this just didn't suit my needs. I think someone with overall better skin that is neither particularly oily nor dry with less noticeable pores would probably get better results.