NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.1

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 10/9/2018 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I loved this powder foundation. It has medium coverage it doesn’t make my eyes look 100 and it is truly transfer proof. But i hit pan in 2 weeks. First time for me as I usually throw powders for not finishing them in the usual recommended 12 months. On the fence about this one.

on 10/5/2018 4:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

This summer this became my go to foundation, even on bad skin days.
I loved the fact that it gave me a light to medium coverage and that I didn't feel anything on my skin after application. It covered redness and evened out the skin tone perfectly. It won't cover huge pimples and it didn't cover my sister's melasma.
It stayed good for at least 3-4 hours and then I had only to touch up my nose which gets super oily in summer.
I have to say that there's not a lot of product in the case, but the price is amazing.
I have tried applying it with a wet sponge and with a dry sponge and I tend to prefer the dry method.

on 4/22/2018 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

What a shame! I love the brand and many products in this brand but this was a disappointment. I tried two shades thinking that maybe they were not matching but the problem was the patchy and uneven texture of this product. I applied primer, it was still off. I tried moisturizer, and that was even worse. So sorry, NYX! This is not like MAC Studio Fix at all.

on 4/16/2018 3:23:00 PM

I had heard good things about NYX as a brand so when I ran out of my usual facial powder and saw it in the shops for £5 I thought that I would give it ago. However,I was disappointed to find that when I applied the shade soft beige it appeared orange on my skin. At first i had used a brush instead of the sponge it came with so I believed this may be the reason for the orangeish appearance but I tried it with the sponge only to see no change in the colouring. I tried using very little of the product and using my fingers but I still saw little change in the colour. I wouldn't of been so disappointed if I hadn't spent so much time comparing the different shades to find the right match but unfortunately I wasted my money on a product I will not be able to use. I bought it from a local b&m which I know sells good make up products such as mabeylline for slightly lower prices which I purchased before with no problems so I knew the store was reliable with official products. I am unsure wether the packaging on the powder was wrong as the shade was so far off what was promised it seems the product couldn't be that dark.overall I would buy from nyx as I'm unsure if this was just a mix up however it had definitely made me think twice about which of there products I will look at in future. Thank you,penny :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I brought this in the shade Alabaster, it appeared to be good shade at first but a couple of hours later I felt it looked to caked all over the face. I used a brush to put it on as I didn't like the sponge it came with. I would only use it to set where I have put concealer. The powder is finely milled as other brands but for £10.50, I think it does the job well. Its handy to put in your handbag for a quick touchup during the day. I wouldn't use it as a foundation alone but good. to use as a setting powder and touchups.

on 10/10/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've had high expectations of this product due to the fact I love NYX and it is such an affordable powder. The fact is that I have combination skin with a very oily T zone which I try to calm down. Well this product didn't keep me matte for 3 hours. I had to blot like 2 times during 5 hours. You can even see it on your finger that it has not a completely matte finish. So for me it's a big no. If your skin is kinda dry to normal give it a try it will probably work for you but I would definitely not recommend it for combination to oily skin like mine.

I tried this back in 2012. I feel as if they changed the formula.

The 2012 formula was closer to MAC Studio Fix powder plus. The updated version I bought in 2017 is a lighter coverage with shimmer in it. So it's a nice glow to the skin.

The old version was cakey and not as finely milled. The new version is definitely more finely milled. The only downside I can find to this new version is the lack of coverage. If they stepped that up this would be a HG.

But for now I'll stick to other powder foundations.

I bought this to replace my much loved but no longer available Flower Powder Foundation. I live in Canada where the Flower line was discontinued, but I was in LOVE with the coverage and feel of their powder foundation. It gave light to medium coverage but sort of blurred my pores.

This foundation appealed to me because it is available in some extremely pale shades and because I like to forego liquid products on occasion without compromising coverage.

While this definitely can't completely replace my beloved Flower Foundation, it is a close second. The shade I got matches my pale skin really well, and this product works great using the included sponge for medium coverage, or as a light setting powder with a brush. My skin has been extremely oily this summer and this foundation keeps me matte most of the day, with a slight touch up about five hours into wear.

I love that it is not completely flat, there is a slight sheen, almost indiscernible, that makes for a very natural finish. Lovely product, I will repurchase for sure.

I'm a MAC NC25 and I live in a humid tropical climate in Southeast Asia. This foundation sets on the skin matte as it says but the colouring is a little off - a whitish cast is noticeable. It is not as natural looking as MAC Studio Fix or even MAC Select Sheer powder in NC25.

The matte effect does not last long either, as after 3-4 hours my nose would be shiny.

In terms of the texture of the powder, I find that it's not as finely milled as MAC, and it does sit heavily on the skin - you can feel the powder on your skin.

I don't like the way the plastic packaging feels, rather cheap looking and feeling.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.