NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by age: 25-29
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

3.3

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

I bought this to replace my much loved but no longer available Flower Powder Foundation. I live in Canada where the Flower line was discontinued, but I was in LOVE with the coverage and feel of their powder foundation. It gave light to medium coverage but sort of blurred my pores.

This foundation appealed to me because it is available in some extremely pale shades and because I like to forego liquid products on occasion without compromising coverage.

While this definitely can't completely replace my beloved Flower Foundation, it is a close second. The shade I got matches my pale skin really well, and this product works great using the included sponge for medium coverage, or as a light setting powder with a brush. My skin has been extremely oily this summer and this foundation keeps me matte most of the day, with a slight touch up about five hours into wear.

I love that it is not completely flat, there is a slight sheen, almost indiscernible, that makes for a very natural finish. Lovely product, I will repurchase for sure.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I purchased this a few months ago in the shade Nude. The shade is a perfect match for my cool, reddish undertoned, pale skin.
I only lightly pat this on my forehead, nose and chin area to control shine from spf products. My skin is on the dry side but with some acne spots and overly sensitive (cursed lol).
The product has some ingredients I don't care for but it doesn't break me out at all. It also doesn't last very long. Shine can come back in less than 2 hours. I maybe got 3 hours tops in winter weather. I can't see it holding up too well in the summer.
It can cling to dry spots and/or cake if overly applied and this is an issue , seeing that it only lasts so long.
The packaging is crap. Everything broke within a few weeks of purchase. I don't carry it around with me. It sits in my makeup bag at home. The application sponge is cheap but works ok if you are just lightly patting this on and not using it all over.
I wouldn't repurchase due to performance and ingredients. I also find this overpriced (I bought it from shopper's drug mart for $14.99, Canada) for a drug store product that is sub par. Would not recommend.

on 1/8/2017 3:45:00 AM

My skin is combo with the usual T-Zone oil problem, and with the good reviews i read for this product, i had high hopes.
Keep in mind that I don't use liquid foundation before i use this, only serum, moisturizer, and this powder... I was really satisfied with this for the first week, but as time goes by, there are at least 3 substantial issues that changed my mind completely about this: 1) ran out very quickly - I don't even use this everyday and don't use it that much per application, but it's only been a couple of months and already hits pan; 2) it doesn't keep my T-Zone oils at bay, even after 3 hours i blot it with oil paper, and there are lots of oil excess already; 3) after 4-5 hours of using, my face somehow looks darker (and shiny), like i just ran on a sidewalk of busy street, which is weirdly unpleasant as i have never experienced this with any other powder foundation before. Oh and it's coverage is not that good either; doesn't give me matte yet flawless finish i was aiming for.
What a waste.

on 8/5/2016 12:50:00 PM

I've recently given up the idea that a liquid foundation could work for my combo skin, so for the past year I've been on a powder foundation hunt! I've tried quite a few at this stage and have to say this is up there with the best. It's not as full coverage as it claims so if you're after heavy duty coverage I'm not sure this would be ideal. It works well however in evening out my skin tone and covering the redness around my nose and on my cheeks. It feels so light on my skin and tend to forget I'm wearing makeup at all which for me is a huge plus. The packaging has air holes in the bottom which is a nice touch if you're using the sponge provided, but the plastic box in itself is a bit flimsy imo. Overall I'm very pleased and it will definitely be repurchased.

on 4/19/2016 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Limited color selection that tends to lean pink and applied highly cakey on my dry skin. Did not enjoy this and would not recommend for anyone with dry skin with golden undertones.

This would probably work for normal/oily skin with neutral or cool undertones.

on 2/17/2016 3:42:00 PM

So I bought this product because I was looking to find a foundation powder cheaper than the one I normally bought and I have to say I regret doing so. The packaging is a lot cuter than the other powder foundation I use which I liked because it looks more elegant but the product itself is by far the worst I've used in a long time. It says on the box that for full coverage apply dry but for heavy duty coverage apply with wet sponge my skin type is normal for a 25 year old maybe a little more oily than others but not too much. I hate how this powder has a shimmer too it. I am not a fan. I don't need much coverage so I've only tried using the product with a dry sponge. My advice on this product is to pass it up if you don't like your entire face looking like you used shimmer. I will say the powder is very light feeling an I do love that it is very nice to feel like I am not wearing a lot of make up.

on 8/14/2015 12:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

Pros- Good coverage, nice finish, I liked it. I agree with everything positive about this foundation in other reviews.

Cons- Very limited color selection. Good luck matching. I don't have a *good* match in this. Packaging is terrible IMO, it falls apart so easily.

The other thing I really do not like about this foundation is that it is actually not a great value if you do the math. It's $10, but you get considerably less product. Compared to MAC Studio Fix, you get double the amount of product with MAC. MAC has .52 US oz. compared to .26 oz. with the NYX. I run out of this stuff SO fast. EL's Double Wear powder comes with .40 oz. in their compacts. I bought this twice and hit pan in less than a month both times. Bottom line, you do save just a little money when compared to MAC, but just a little, and the MAC offers better coverage, a better compact and a WAY better color selection. Soo... the moral of my story is this: Not a bad product, but not worth the many trips to the store to restock (not to mention the extra packaging waste) compared to its competition.

on 7/28/2015 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I love this powder (Medium beige)! I have used Studiofix (C4) for the past few years and can say I will not go back. This compact is matte and sets right in. The coverage over concealer and/or foundation is perfect. I have combination skin and acne prone (this did not break me out) The price also helps :) Def a must try...

on 7/6/2015 1:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Ok you guys, I wore this over the weekend (July 4th and 5th) in blazing hot weather... I'm talking about 102 degrees! I played golf both days under the merciless sun and I stayed matte all day. I was literally in shock when I checked myself in the mirror at the end of the day. And let me tell you, I have the OILIEST nose on this planet, like people literally tell me my nose is sweating. I pretty much just accepted it, because I've tried $60 powders with no success, until now. I also tried a lighter shade to set my undereyes and it worked amazing there too. The powder does not separate, when it fades at the end of the day, it does so without looking blotchy. Many people compare this to MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder but that powder has more coverage, which leads to the cakey-ness that it tends to turn into. I also find it unsuitable for the undereye area. I might put this as a cross between MAC's Studio Fix Plus foundation powder and their Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, because MSF is less coverage and has a subtle radiance. But the MSF powder turns Horribly blotchy and has bismuth oxychloride. Bismuth oxychloride is disastrous for sensitive skin. I thought I had horrible acne for years but found out that bismuth oxychloride was the culprit. It has to do with its molecule structure, which resembles arsenic. This NYX powder is much more natural looking, which is a pro when you're setting your liquid foundation. Remember that if you have large pores. Try using a powder puff or dry sponge and press the powder into your skin to fill the pores. Then you can very lightly dust off the powder with a VERY soft brush, like baby soft brush, so you don't disturb all the work you did before hand.

on 5/12/2015 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

don't know why the reviews for this product aren't as great as i find them to be. i have nothing but good things to say about this product. i wear this in warm beige and use it with a regular large powder brush. this is a fantastic, light coverage powder foundation that is ideal for oily skin. nothing that a little blot powder can't fix every 4 hours or so. if you want a natural finish, slightly dewy but never oily - this is worth a try! didn't think i was going to love it, but it's my go-to, quick application yet flawless foundation. almost everytime i wear it, i've received compliments on how flawless my face looks. when i tell them it's by nyx, they're surprised and releaved it's nothing high end and easy to find. in canada, it can be found at rexall. try it out!