NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 19-24
NYX Professional Makeup Stay Matte But Not Flat Powder Foundation

2.6

Mica, Nylon-12, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Cyclopentasiloxane / Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491)

on 10/10/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I've had high expectations of this product due to the fact I love NYX and it is such an affordable powder. The fact is that I have combination skin with a very oily T zone which I try to calm down. Well this product didn't keep me matte for 3 hours. I had to blot like 2 times during 5 hours. You can even see it on your finger that it has not a completely matte finish. So for me it's a big no. If your skin is kinda dry to normal give it a try it will probably work for you but I would definitely not recommend it for combination to oily skin like mine.

on 12/10/2013 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Update: 19/2/14 - I no longer use this powder. I found after using it for awhile that it became very cakey. I couldn't reapply it without it moving my foundation around. This powder also hits pan very quickly so isn't good value for money.

I have tried on and off to use this because i wanted to like it but unfortunately I don't find this a very nice powder

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

This is a great product, especially for mornings when I need to slap my makeup on as fast as possible, or when I just can't be bothered. I'll apply primer, concealer and this, and it gives medium coverage - it doesn't cover up everything, but that's not my goal on a daily basis.

It can be built up to heavier coverage, but it will usually end up looking cakey, and since it is ever so slightly shimmer (VERY subtle) it can emphasis pores. As many reviewers have mentioned, for a full-coverage look this makes a great setting powder.

My only real complaint is the amount of product you get for the money. I paid $13.99 CAD for this, and after a month I have already significantly hit pan. Granted, I have been using it as a foundation almost every day, but with foundations of whatever formula (powder, liquid etc) I usually expect at least 3 months... and this rate I won't get that out of it. Of course, this is still cheaper than a high-end powder would be, but I almost never buy high-end makeup. It is also probably quite a bit cheaper in the States.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was a really disappointing powder. I have extremely pale skin and when I saw this i thought for sure it would be a pretty close match. And it was! For a few minutes.This powder actually oxodized on my skin to a tan color. It comes out darker than it looks in the package. I've had this for a while now and i've noticed its changed color in the compact, too. The coverage is very minimal, I wouldn't call it a powder foundation, more of a finishing powder. It gives no more of a matte finish than any other powder, honestly. I guess it'd be ok if you're very tan but it definitely didn't work for me. If you want a good mattifying powder, try the Rimmel Stay Matte! Cheap and effective.

on 10/11/2012 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I would not recommend this product to anyone. I know NYX is a very popular brand that is both affordable and constantly updated on the trends women are into, however this product was just terrible.

I got this at ULTA for I believe for $10 (more or less depending on taxes). I was very disappointed. It seemed to hit the pan so quickly! I used it for a week and I could see the middle of the metallic pan showing!

When I used it as foundation, I was also disappointed. I don't feel like I was evening my skin tone whatsoever, which is the reason why I even wear foundation!

When I used it as a powder to set my liquid foundation, I found that it just left me very oily after an hour or two. It also made my skin very dark! Of course it isn't a translucent powder, but hey, it was my skin tone color, and it made me look so orange...

No matter how I used it, I was disappointed.

In conclusion, spend your money elsewhere!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have a love/ hate relationship with this powder. First for a powder foundation the coverage is sheer compared to other powder foundations. Second, it can be too "powdery" I like using brushes to apply powder an this wastes alot of product. Third, the color selection isn't very wide of a range. I do like using this as a finishing powder because it does give a glow to the skin, not a shimmer or glittery look, this is the main reason I do love the powder. I'll probably repurchase this just to use as a finishing powder but I'm still not sure.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this at Ulta, they had a sale going on w/ nyx products and I decided to give this a try. I got mine in #10 caramel..
1. I thought it would have some coverage but, at least for my skin. It doesnt have any.
2. I do have very oily skin and this does not help control it, I think it made it worse.
3. After applying it makes my skin very itchy (hints why I can't build coverage on it)
&& last but not least
Don't like how the powder gets very messy..
I don't think I'll be buying this anytime soon again.

Skin: Other, Fair, Warm

Bought this to wear over my BB cream, both as a setting powder and for a little more coverage. the shade I got 01 Ivory is perfect--yellowish undertones and very fair. Doesn't seem to transfer. I'm not sure I'd use it alone as I'm not fond of powder foundations, but I do really like this one. I haven't gotten any new pimples from it and I've been using it for about a month now.
Update: coverage isn't great on this, and I'm finding other powders can do better job as a finishing powder.

I'm not too crazy about of coverage this foundation gives by itself, but that may just be because I'm so used to creme/liquid ones. It blurs my imperfections, and makes me look polished, so it's nice to use if I want a natural look. I really love using this to set my liquid foundation, and to carry around for touch ups. The case is nice and sturdy, so I never worry about it busting open in my purse.

Creamy Natural is a good match to my fair skin (Ivory is very yellow). I've never had problems with it oxidizing, and it doesn't give my face an obvious "powdery" look.

on 3/7/2012 9:39:00 AM

I originally went to Ulta to get a new Urban Decay Surreal Skin compact. I have very sensitive skin, and when I saw the talc free, oil free, etc. little sign next to this product, and then looked at the price, I thought it was worth a shot.

I took it home and used it over top of my Ponds extra dry skin cream and it looked GORGEOUS! I thought I had found my new love. Until it oxidized while I was at a fancy restaurant with my husband & made me look like an oompa loompa...

I took it back and went one shade lighter (creamy natural) which was a tad white when put on at first, but after about 10 minutes it matched perfectly. HOORAY!

After about a week and a half, I noticed tons of small bumps on my chin, and one on my forehead (where I NEVER break out). This was the only change in my skin care so, needless to say, I've stopped using it. It will become another addition to the makeup graveyard in my bathroom that I'll eventually give away.

No where does it say that it's non-pore clogging, so I guess that's where I went wrong.