Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Not Your Mother's   Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

3.4

on 8/21/2016 1:57:00 PM

I have naturally straight and fine hair. I used this product with wet hair and blow dry and it did give my hair volume without feeling sticky or hard. But I tried it once without blow dry and it didn't do much for me. Same thing with dry hair... So I am not going to keep this product.

on 6/30/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this for under $3 in the travel size to use on my pixie cut. I think this product works great on short hair, but clearly reading the other reviews it's not the best is you have long hair. This sea salt spray smells nice and does what I need for my very short hair. I spray a little leave in conditioner on my hair while it's slightly damp, then follow with a generous spray all over with this. Sometimes I blow dry, sometimes air dry. This gives it a lot of texture and I am able to style it the way I like, which is kind of messy and piecey but won't blow around in the wind and look crazy. 4 lippies for doin a great job on my short hair and being so cheap, but losing one for not doin what it's necessarily intended for and for having dimethicone.

To Read all 118 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/7/2016 9:44:00 PM

This is ok but nothing special. The price point is good since you are basically paying for salt water. As for what it does...if you do not already have at least slightly wavy hair...it will do NOTHING FOR YOU. Think about when you spend time at the beach...what does your hair do? Mine curls right up. If your's does not, or stays relatively straight this is not the product for you. What I don't care for about this product is that I like a little hold to keep my hair bouncy. This doesn't have much of that. Might be better for someone who has tighter waves or curls. I do like the bottle though. The trigger sprayer releases a very fine mist. I will probably try this a few more times before I dump the contents and fill it up with a sea salt spray that I make myself (many good recipes on the Internet that have more grip and can be made for pennies). I will not repurchase this.

on 6/3/2016 10:41:00 PM

This stuff does nothing. Nothing. I applied it to my thick, coarse, wavy/curly hair and I got texture all right--the texture of cotton candy. I think it even actively took the curl out of my hair, which exploded as though I were in a humid jungle, not on a beach. I couldn't wait to get home and wash it out. And that's when the real fun began, because although this couldn't seem to hold a single curl, it was very successful in pasting my hair into ungodly clumps and snarls :/

I am sorely tempted to march it back to Walmart and demand a refund. It does smell good, so I guess maybe I can repurpose it as sticky body spray.

I loooove this product!
First of all, it smells amazing. It's sweet coconutty goodness! My hair always smells amazing when I use this product.
The design on the packaging is super cute! And the product is misted out of the bottle perfectly.
Anyway, the spray does wonderful things to my hair. When I'm jut looking for a lazy, beachy, look this product is perfect! It gives your hair natural looking waves and lots of texture. By saying "texture", I mean
it makes your hair feel less fine, and a bit more coarse, but not in a bad way at all. Your hair looks sexy, wind-blown, and a little wavy using this spray!
It's also SO good for messy buns. It gives your hair just enough texture and wave to tie it up and achieve that cute, messy look!
So basically, I really love this product.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love it!! It smells amazing and makes my hair feel so soft and shiny. I recently got about 10 inches of my hair cut off to my shoulders. This stuff helps out a lot because I struggle with heat free hair styles now. I love my short hair but it's pretty hard to add texture to it now and this helps me out a lot.

on 4/25/2016 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Update 8/24/16:
I went back to this spray after using something else for awhile. This product is cheap and delivers with some work. It's cheap enough that the pros really outweigh the cons. Definitely if you have straight hair, you're going to need a diffuser plus some hairspray for the texture to stay put. I'd now recommend this product.

I recently got a lob haircut, a long bob, and the best way to wear it is with wavy texture. Unfortunately I have stick straight Asian hair that doesn't really hold a curl, volume or anything. My hair needs a lot of help to hold a style. What I was looking for is a product I can spray in my hair to create scrunchy, loose waves that I can then set with mousse or hairspray. This product does create what I'm looking for but as soon as the product dries, the waves are gone, nada. I'm left with stringy hair. I don't find that it smells that great at all either. The bottle is somewhat difficult to use and manevor around the sides of my head. I'll try using this with a diffuser to see if this works better. Perhaps this would work for someone with curly texture hair.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It really smells sooo good! AHAHAH I think i'm kind of addicted to the smell. I mean, i'll probably even buy this if it was some kind of mist! For someone who has straight (and i mean really really straight) asian hair, it did give me quite a lot of texture! It worked better with dried/day old hair! I only just sprayed and scrunched, and the effect was awesome, not mind-blowing, but still quite awesome ahahaha. I really wasn't expecting much since sea salt sprays rarely work with straight asian hair, but this really gave me texture, perhaps if i wasn't so lazy, and tried it after using a curling iron, it will work even better. Price wise, it was pretty ok (for working people) but for a student like me, it was quite pricey, especially since they don't sell it in my country, and i had to pay way higher to get it.
*Update*: Tried this the whole day out...the texture of my hair wasn't as nice as i first put it on by the end of the day. But it was still giving some texture. I'm happy about it and I think that I'll get it again if I can find it at a cheaper price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Awesome! My stylist recommended this. This stuff is cheap, non-sticky, non-drying and helps encourage your natural wave to come out. I love this stuff. I use it on both wet and dry hair. Better than any mousse or gel product for wavy hair and really is the best "beach" wave spray I've tried.

on 2/15/2016 9:10:00 PM

love this stuff its smells amazing it isn't heavy and gives my fine hair great lift and texture!!! i use the entire NYM Beach Babe set!!! my new favorite brand :)

Popular Styling Products