Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

Not Your Mother's   Beach Babe Texturizing Sea Salt Spray

3.3

on 5/1/2018 5:46:00 PM

I had half of my hair cut off, and wasn't quite sure how to style it. I decided to go with something simple -- beach waves, and got this product. It works great on my baby fine hair. My hair is mostly straight with only a slight wave. This makes it more wavy, and I can wear my hair down with very little styling involved. It also makes my hair look thicker.

on 12/18/2017 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Makes my hair stringy and flat and the fake coconut smell is disgusting. Just no.

on 10/6/2017 4:13:00 PM

I have shoulder length hair that is wavy on it own. This spray doesn't look like you just walk off the beach but it does add more texture and doesn't dry my hair out. It works best when you only spray a little and then scrunch your hair to spread it. I also like the smell. Over all for the price and the amount of product you get, this is worth at least trying it out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm hispanic with wavy ish hair and I always use conditioners/hair creams to make my hair look curly. I was hoping this spray would do the same thing going to the beach does, but it didn't. It just made my hair sticky and flat. I've tried it many times and it's always disappointing.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Got this as a sample from Influenster for free.

I did not like this product. I have long hair that's half way down my back. The texture of my hair is somewhere between straight and wavy when it air drys. This made my hair stringy-looking and I didn't feel it provided any texture or waves at all.

I also was not a huge fan of the fake coconut smell.

on 2/16/2017 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Finally a dry shampoo that actually works on my hair!! The others I tried did almost nothing to refresh my hair but this makes a difference. I don't know if I believe the beachy hair texturizing thing, but I just got this for the dry shampoo aspect. The grayness it does put in your hair is easily brushed out even on my dark hair. And it does volumize quite a bit.

I have wavy/straight hair. I either need to blow dry it straight or manually curl it otherwise it looks like a hot mess. I have tried soooo many salt sprays hoping to find something so I can wash and go. This is the only one that has ever worked for me. Now that being said this isn't a miracle and I definitely don't look like I just walked off of the beach. But it gives my hair a little sumpin sumpin

on 10/30/2016 10:46:00 AM

Did not enhance my partially wavy/partially straight hair. John Frieda and Toni&Guy both do a much better job...:(

on 8/21/2016 1:57:00 PM

I have naturally straight and fine hair. I used this product with wet hair and blow dry and it did give my hair volume without feeling sticky or hard. But I tried it once without blow dry and it didn't do much for me. Same thing with dry hair... So I am not going to keep this product.

on 6/30/2016 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this for under $3 in the travel size to use on my pixie cut. I think this product works great on short hair, but clearly reading the other reviews it's not the best is you have long hair. This sea salt spray smells nice and does what I need for my very short hair. I spray a little leave in conditioner on my hair while it's slightly damp, then follow with a generous spray all over with this. Sometimes I blow dry, sometimes air dry. This gives it a lot of texture and I am able to style it the way I like, which is kind of messy and piecey but won't blow around in the wind and look crazy. 4 lippies for doin a great job on my short hair and being so cheap, but losing one for not doin what it's necessarily intended for and for having dimethicone.

Popular Styling Products