3.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

6 years ago

This is an absolutely fantastic powder foundation! The coverage, as you might expect from a powder, is light, but if you were to put some concealer or BB cream onto your problem areas before applying this powder it would be enough coverage for the average person. The look of the product on the skin does not, I repeat, does not look at all powdery. It is completely undetectable, and would be a fantastic option if you didn't want people to know that you were wearing makeup. The product claims to be 18 hour retouch-free, and I would agree if you had normal or dry skin. However, there is not a single powder out there that will keep oily skin at bay for 18 hours. Unfortunately, areas of your skin that get oily will need to be retouched after about five or six hours, but this product layers beautifully so your skin looking cakey shouldn't be a problem at all. The packaging is a blue-black plastic with a decently sized mirror on the inside. It also comes with a soft circular sponge. The packaging is light and to me feels like it could break easily, and honestly, for a product that costs $68 (in Australia), I expected something more durable. However, the actual product is not effected by the cheapness of the packaging so it would probably only be a problem if you were to travel with it. I highly recommend this powder, as it is the best I've ever used. I'll definitely be repurchasing!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesGreen

2.0

8 years ago

This product as a foundation is terrible. It definitely does not achieve the same results as liquid foundation does. I just use this as a powder over tinted moisturizer. I guess that works. The only thing I like about compact foundations is the fact that it is hard to get the colour wrong. With liquids that is much easier.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Lancome makes great foundation, however I have switched to mineral makeup. I like the feeling of not having too much makeup on my face

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

9 years ago

Lancome Teinte Idole is perfect for dark colored skin, it is the only thing I can ever use and look better than Beyonce or J-Lo. I apply it in less than 10 seconds and it looks as if I am ready for the cover of a magazine!! I have tried everything and this is the best.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Dark

HairOther

EyesOther

10 years ago

I have tried both the liquid and the powder version of this foundation and they are both rather average. I do believe Lancome just does not do foundations for combination to oilier skins because every time I go to the counter they just cannot get my colouring correct and the foundations they recommend, such as this one, have a tendency to wear off in hours for my skin. The initial application is rather impressive, but once your skin starts oiling up this foundation has no chance. There have been questions of oxidisation with this foundation but I believe the answer is no, because I have never turned orange with a Lancome foundation as I did with a MAC one.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Other

EyesGreen

11 years ago

I needed something that would cover my large pores on the few places of my face, so I went to the Lancome counter for advice. I ended up actually getting my makeup done there, and I knew I would look my best after they showed me a mirror. When I saw my reflection, however, I looked super cakey as if I applied Bare Minerals on me. I just pretended like they did a fantastic job, and went to my mom (I'm young as you can see) and wanted to get her opinion. She liked it and didn't think it was cakey at all. The lady who did my makeover gave me a sample to try at home. So......even though I didn't like how she did my makeover (I'm not trying to be mean at all, it's just that it also appeared as though the lady didn't know what she was doing) I tried some foundation on myself. It looked nice, actually. I ended up liking it. However after a few hours my chin and the corners of my nose started to get itchy. EXTREMELY ITCHY. So I couldn't help but itch and boy did it cause some red spots. I'm dissapointed that this product did not work for me, but if your thinking of buying it, I hope it works for you!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

13 years ago

I bought this product for a dance recital, so that already tells you that it is very heavy. I liked how it stays on for a really long time, but if you want to go for the natural look I would not but this.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal

EyesBlue

1.0

13 years ago

doesnt stay on very long.

About reviewer (105 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

13 years ago

nice stuff. brought this in a real hurry without really caring what it brought but i'm glad i did. looks really natural, most natural finish i've ever had from a compact foundation by far, not powdery or greasy, perfect texture. feels really nice too, not heavy or greasy. in fact feels quite cool and light when it goes on and stays comfortable all day. stays put more or less, good buildable coverage, could provide a good full coverage in a couple of layers. as with all creme/compact make ups it a good idea to get rid of flakes and dry patches beforehand. i like it coz you can put a light layer on and then add more on areas that need help, but it still looks seamless. highly recommended. kinda pricey, but worth it. EDIT: i have used this after a while of neglect and i've found it much harder to blend than i remember and more streaky and dry. maybe it has dried out a bit, but it also looks more orange on my skin than i remember too. odd! its been relegated to the emergency handbag touch up collection, along with a cheap dried up mascara and battered powder compact. you know what i'm talking about ladies...

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

14 years ago

This is one of the best foundations I ever tried! It provides full coverage without making you look like a mask! You can put an extra-layer if you need more coverage. It's perfect in winter and under artificial lights, a little less in the sun as it may be too obvious. It's just a little bit drying, maybe because of silicones. I would suggest to put a good face cream first when the weather is very cold and dry.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

Age30-35