3.1

Shop Now

Reviews

1.0

a year ago

Total waste of money. I was told it would lighten my dark spot and even my tone. I used this continuously twice a day (day and night) but there isn't any difference. Even though I didn't see any difference after my first bottle, i went ahead bought the second bottle hoping that I will see some later. As for some product the result might delay. But the second bottle proved me wrong as well. Each bottle last me about 2 months, which was about 4-5 months in total but nothing happen till end. I got really disappointed and when to Khiel's for consultation. The sales person thought I'm just n my first bottle, suggested me to get second bottle. When I told her I've already finish my second bottle as well, she was speechless in a while , told me to use the serum with Clearly Corrective soothing water together which will be effective. Very disappointed! Now I'm using Mario Badescu's Gylcolic Acid Toner and I can see difference just within few days of use.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinOily, Dark

2 years ago

I bought this product about a week ago. I can't fault the texture and feel of it on the skin. For something that you expect to be quite harsh, it is very silky and does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. It is also non drying on my skin. However, I have dark scar marks from the aftermath of spots that i'm dying to get rid of. So far I haven't seen any difference in them, however it has only been a week. Also this solution is also no good at preventing breakouts, and although it says on the bottle you can use it as a spot solution, I don't think it does anything compared to say, teatree oil. I will persevere though because it's only been a short amount of time, hopefully I will see results. Remember if you are not satisfied with Kiehl's products after 28 days, you can take them back and get a refund with their 28 day skincare guarantee!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Medium

HairBrunette

2 years ago

This is one of those that either will or will not work for you! I've seen so many different experiences and decided to try it out for myself... This is a lightweight serum that you use a couple of drops of AM and PM, before your moisturizer. It contains a fair amount of alcohol and not a great deal in the way of effective lightening ingredients to fade dark spots. I counted Vit C, E (both destroyed by the oxidizing see-through bottle packaging), a couple of plant extracts, an AHA (Citric acid) and a BHA (Salicylic acid) and that's about it! The rest were humectants and binding ingredients. With the right packaging and a few tweaks to the ingredients list I'm sure this could be a fab product. As it is I just didn't find it all that effective. and whatever is in there is not at the concentration it should be. I used up my sample on one area - my chin as this is where my marks show up the most frequently. In the week or so I used this I saw only a minor difference in the color of the marks, it was barely even noticeable. What I liked about it on the other hand is that it didn't cause any adverse reactions (it's fragrance, silicone & paraben-free) and it helped keep my chin area blemish-free, most likely down to the AHA & BHA content. However I wouldn't go out and repurchase for that effect alone as I have other products that take care of that, and at a much better price point. My advice: Try before you buy! Selena x ~ My HG list ~ (As I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora) 1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil 2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm 3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum 4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser 5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer 6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash 7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow) 8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream 9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream 10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

About reviewer (567 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

2 years ago

I have a sun allergy and despite I used a cream with SPF50+ during vacation (not Kiehl's/ that was new brand I tried - never again), I ended up with dark pigment stains on both hands. After a month I went to Kiehl's to buy some stuff and a shop assistant recommended me this serum. Day by day the stains were less and less visible and after just 8 days of usage, they completely disappeared - it is unbelievable but true. My stains were quite "fresh", so I assume that can be the reason why they were gone so quickly, but I think if you keep with this product, you will see the results at some point of time. ;)

About reviewer (31 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I use this product with kiehl's calendula toner followed by iris essence, dark spot corrector, their hydro plumping re-texturizing serum, clear corrective moisturising treatment and lastly their midnight recovery concentrate every night and during daytime, i finish this routine with their spf cream instead of the midnight recovery concentrate. It seems to have lightened my skin within 1 week of usage. I just feel that good Spf lotion/cream need to be used both indoors and outdoors so that we can see a result with this product.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

EyesBlack

2 years ago

This product works really well on my skin, for a serum that only claims to fade scars, I was surprise to see that it also prevents acne. I usually get a lot of pimples during my period but when using this, I only got a couple of them. It also did fade most of my scars and it isn't too harsh on my skin. The downsides of this product is the packaging and the price. It's just difficult to bring around when travelling because the serum would leak if I leave it in my luggage bag. Super pricey in my country too. But I'd still repurchase it because it's the only serum that has ever proven to work well on my skin.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

This is nothing! No results after one entire bottle. Chanel Le Blanc serum works 1000 times better.

About reviewer (95 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

2 years ago

My mother bought me a gift set from Kiehl's, and this was the main product inside. I suffer from severe acne on the lower half area of my face, so my skin has lots of pigmentation and redness. After finishing the bottle...I feel like it did nothing for me. But my sister claims that it did brighten her skin and lighten her old acne scars. I guess it works for most people with average good skin condition, but not strong enough for my ongoing acne condition. Would not repurchase for myself, would consider looking at other formulations of vitamin C serums from smaller brands for cheaper price.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

I have used this serum to even out the discolorations after cryotherapy on my abdomen and back. It is a runny clear liquid which I found it pleasant to use, non sticky or greasy. I am not pleased with the pipette packaging and clear glass bottle. The antioxidants in this serum should be better protected by a dark bottle and a pump would lead to less air exposure and overall risk of contamination than a pipette. In terms of this product's brightening performance I do think it initially worked pretty well and then seemed to lose its efficiency over time after about half of the bottle was finished. In my case I noticed this after about 6 weeks. Since many other reviewers have noticed the same I suppose this is due to the above mentioned packaging which offers no protection to the ingredients over the course of the use. Overall I find this solution too pricey for what it does, will look to La Mer's Brightening line next.

About reviewer (573 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

3 years ago

I think this product is so amazing. It's only been two weeks and I've started noticing the dark spots on my face have become lighter. It also evens pigmentation. I apply it every morning and night.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Tan