Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

3.1

Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, PPG-6-Decyltetradeceth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citrus Tachibana/Citrus Aurantium Tachibana Peel Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract

on 8/8/2017 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have used this serum to even out the discolorations after cryotherapy on my abdomen and back. It is a runny clear liquid which I found it pleasant to use, non sticky or greasy. I am not pleased with the pipette packaging and clear glass bottle. The antioxidants in this serum should be better protected by a dark bottle and a pump would lead to less air exposure and overall risk of contamination than a pipette. In terms of this product's brightening performance I do think it initially worked pretty well and then seemed to lose its efficiency over time after about half of the bottle was finished. In my case I noticed this after about 6 weeks. Since many other reviewers have noticed the same I suppose this is due to the above mentioned packaging which offers no protection to the ingredients over the course of the use. Overall I find this solution too pricey for what it does, will look to La Mer's Brightening line next.

on 7/19/2017 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I think this product is so amazing. It's only been two weeks and I've started noticing the dark spots on my face have become lighter. It also evens pigmentation. I apply it every morning and night.

As an oily and acne-prone skin and being me as a growing teenage girl, I've collected buzzing pimples every month due to my unstable diet and periods. At the end of 2016, I've accumulated tons of dark spots and also hyper-pigmentation so I've done my best to research. I came up with this product and a little sketchy because the review on this is 50-50 so I gave it a go, spending at least 2-thousand pesos plus! At the first week, it seems as if there's no pay off so I'm kind of losing hope with this. But when the second transitioning to third week of usage, I've noticed my old dark spots vanished. There are some left still that is actually kind of "new" being them there by early 2017. To say, this product is great and also a good makeup primer but I don't use it right away, giving my skin 20-30 mins rest from skin care to makeup, I said such stuff because the product is tacky and good in holding up the makeup longer. Pro-tip: don't use so much products use at least 2.5 drops on your finger pads and apply more on the needed area. When using in the AM make sure to follow up with sunscreen or else all will go to waste.

on 2/3/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Waste of money. I used this product twice a day for nearly 3 months and no change at all. I was told it would lighten my spots & freckles, but nothing happened. I wouldn't bother buying this product.

I love this stuff! The very first time I used it I saw a huge difference in my skin - it looked brighter and healthier.
Over time, I started to think the product wasn't working because I didn't see it doing anything for my skin anymore, so when it ran out, I didn't buy it again. But that's when I started to notice all that it had been doing for my skin. My skin was looking duller and more tired after I stopped using this, and it reminded me what my skin looked like before I bought this stuff. So, I saved up and bought it again.
I use about 4 drops at night and once in a while I'll use maybe 3 drops in the morning. It lasts such a long time and it really does work, you just get used to your skin looking the way it does and forget that it's working.

on 11/20/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

When I first started using it, it worked like a miracle. My acne scars were fading noticeably faster than if I didn't use the serum, so that I bought a second bottle even before I finished the first one. Unfortunately, eventually it just stopped working on me. I no longer see much effects of the serum, and I suspect that it has to do with the fact that the vitamin c is not preserved well in a clear glass bottle. The smell is citrus-y and I like having a dropper because it's more sanitary but that's about it.

on 10/31/2016 2:53:00 AM

I use this product religiously day & night until the whole bottle finished, along w other products from Kiehl's. While other products from Kiehl's work fantastic for me but not this.
There is little improvement on my dark sports like 5% improvement after finishing this product. It's rather disappointing because other products from Kiehl's is wonderful.
I'm paying $90 for this product, it's totally not worth it. Won't be recommending this to any of my friends/family. I may still recommend to my friends to try if they don't mind if it is cheap because what might not work for me may work for you but $90? no no no.
100% won't be repurchasing.

on 10/9/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

An utter disappointment. I have dry skin and am not prone to breakouts. I hardly get pimples but i wanted to give this a shot for my uneven skin tone and a few spots here and there. This made me breakout like crazy!! I had pimples all over my face and now face is full of scars! My aunt tried it too and although it didnt break her out, she didnt like it either. Said it did nothing for her skin and was a waste of money. Won't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh sunspots how they pop up one day after years of sun exposure and leave us with an uneven complexion. Okay, honestly these don't bother me all that much, at my age it's to be expected. However, a product to correct and erase these dreaded dark spots??? Bring it on! For a "fragrance-free" product I found this to be over-powering. SA told me perhaps it's the white birch extract. Whether that or the peony extract, this product has a definite scent to it. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin but I'm only using a sample so that's probably not a fair statement. The SA did say it has a cumulative effect and that you would have to use this continuously for about 6-8 weeks before the ingredients were able to break down the melanin deposits and lighten the dark spots. Somewhat contrary to the claim on the web site that says 28 days... And apparently it requires continued use afterward to keep the dark spots away. I'm not so sure I'm ready for that kind of investment - this stuff isn't cheap.

For those of you suffering from acne scars, she did say that she has personally seen a reduction in hers, so maybe there is hope if this is something you struggle with. As for sun spots... I don't know if mine will improve. Lesson learned late, slather on sunscreen from the time you are a baby. My generation doused baby oil on our bodies and baked in the sun for years. I don't think the words "sunblock" or "sunscreen" existed back then. It was "suntan lotion or oil"... I've got the sunspots to prove it.

on 7/25/2016 5:50:00 PM

I don't suffer from any acne scars or hyper pigmentation, but my skin does look quite dull and tired on a daily basis. After using this for a couple weeks I noticed my skin looks healthy and glowing, and it evened out my skintone quite a bit too (I was very red in the cheeks and my upper lip was quite dark). I use this every morning and every night, and even put a couple drops on my knees and noticed my scars lightening up a bit on my knees as well! This is quite pricey though, I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative but in the meantime, I love this product! The packaging is cute and makes me feel like I'm in an apothecary, and a couple drops go a long way, so it lasts long as well. I thought it would inflame my sensitive skin, but it didn't and I'm very happy about that. Definitely repurchasing!