Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution

3.0

Aqua/Water, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, PEG/PPG/Polybutylene Glycol-8/5/3 Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Tetrahydropyrantriol, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, PPG-6-Decyltetradeceth-30, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Potassium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lavandula Angustifolia Oil/Lavender Oil, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Citrus Tachibana/Citrus Aurantium Tachibana Peel Extract, Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract/Paeonia Suffruticosa Root Extract

on 2/3/2017 5:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Waste of money. I used this product twice a day for nearly 3 months and no change at all. I was told it would lighten my spots & freckles, but nothing happened. I wouldn't bother buying this product.

I love this stuff! The very first time I used it I saw a huge difference in my skin - it looked brighter and healthier.
Over time, I started to think the product wasn't working because I didn't see it doing anything for my skin anymore, so when it ran out, I didn't buy it again. But that's when I started to notice all that it had been doing for my skin. My skin was looking duller and more tired after I stopped using this, and it reminded me what my skin looked like before I bought this stuff. So, I saved up and bought it again.
I use about 4 drops at night and once in a while I'll use maybe 3 drops in the morning. It lasts such a long time and it really does work, you just get used to your skin looking the way it does and forget that it's working.

on 11/20/2016 10:13:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

When I first started using it, it worked like a miracle. My acne scars were fading noticeably faster than if I didn't use the serum, so that I bought a second bottle even before I finished the first one. Unfortunately, eventually it just stopped working on me. I no longer see much effects of the serum, and I suspect that it has to do with the fact that the vitamin c is not preserved well in a clear glass bottle. The smell is citrus-y and I like having a dropper because it's more sanitary but that's about it.

on 10/31/2016 2:53:00 AM

I use this product religiously day & night until the whole bottle finished, along w other products from Kiehl's. While other products from Kiehl's work fantastic for me but not this.
There is little improvement on my dark sports like 5% improvement after finishing this product. It's rather disappointing because other products from Kiehl's is wonderful.
I'm paying $90 for this product, it's totally not worth it. Won't be recommending this to any of my friends/family. I may still recommend to my friends to try if they don't mind if it is cheap because what might not work for me may work for you but $90? no no no.
100% won't be repurchasing.

on 10/9/2016 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

An utter disappointment. I have dry skin and am not prone to breakouts. I hardly get pimples but i wanted to give this a shot for my uneven skin tone and a few spots here and there. This made me breakout like crazy!! I had pimples all over my face and now face is full of scars! My aunt tried it too and although it didnt break her out, she didnt like it either. Said it did nothing for her skin and was a waste of money. Won't recommend it to anyone.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh sunspots how they pop up one day after years of sun exposure and leave us with an uneven complexion. Okay, honestly these don't bother me all that much, at my age it's to be expected. However, a product to correct and erase these dreaded dark spots??? Bring it on! For a "fragrance-free" product I found this to be over-powering. SA told me perhaps it's the white birch extract. Whether that or the peony extract, this product has a definite scent to it. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin but I'm only using a sample so that's probably not a fair statement. The SA did say it has a cumulative effect and that you would have to use this continuously for about 6-8 weeks before the ingredients were able to break down the melanin deposits and lighten the dark spots. Somewhat contrary to the claim on the web site that says 28 days... And apparently it requires continued use afterward to keep the dark spots away. I'm not so sure I'm ready for that kind of investment - this stuff isn't cheap.

For those of you suffering from acne scars, she did say that she has personally seen a reduction in hers, so maybe there is hope if this is something you struggle with. As for sun spots... I don't know if mine will improve. Lesson learned late, slather on sunscreen from the time you are a baby. My generation doused baby oil on our bodies and baked in the sun for years. I don't think the words "sunblock" or "sunscreen" existed back then. It was "suntan lotion or oil"... I've got the sunspots to prove it.

on 7/25/2016 5:50:00 PM

I don't suffer from any acne scars or hyper pigmentation, but my skin does look quite dull and tired on a daily basis. After using this for a couple weeks I noticed my skin looks healthy and glowing, and it evened out my skintone quite a bit too (I was very red in the cheeks and my upper lip was quite dark). I use this every morning and every night, and even put a couple drops on my knees and noticed my scars lightening up a bit on my knees as well! This is quite pricey though, I'm hoping to find a cheaper alternative but in the meantime, I love this product! The packaging is cute and makes me feel like I'm in an apothecary, and a couple drops go a long way, so it lasts long as well. I thought it would inflame my sensitive skin, but it didn't and I'm very happy about that. Definitely repurchasing!

It didn't lighten my hyperpigmentation at all. I was told by the sales assistant it would start showing effects after the second bottle so I stupidly purchased another bottle and it still did not lighten up my hyperpigmentation. At least it didn't break me out whatsoever but then again, what's the point? Also it was hella expensive. i really wanted this product to work *sigh*

on 4/12/2016 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

As a Kiehl's advocate, I had such high hopes for this product. I have hyper-pigmentation due to acne and was hoping that this product would help diminish and ultimately fade those dark spots. I purchased a full sized bottle and dabbed the product around the spotty areas every night. After just four days of use, there was a noticeable difference to the appearance of the spots! However just when I got excited, by Day 5 my skin started to break out... A LOT. Now I am left dealing with hyper-pigmentation from past acne AND the acne provoked by this product. What a waste of money.

Edit: Just because this product cost so much... I decided to try it one more time (a few months later). But to no avail, my face is now polka-dot central. Sigh.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have very dull-looking skin and a couple of dark spots due to acne scars. I've gotten a small sample of this to try but it was too little for me to see any results. Still, I bought the full product due to the massive positive reviews at MUA. I was thinking to myself, "it better be good!", since it's the most expensive skincare product I've ever laid hands on, and sadly, it does not work.

During the first week of usage, I used 3 drops to spread it on my entire face and neck every day and night in a patting motion. I don't see any improvement. Then I started concentrating/dabbing on my dark spots instead, which did lightened them up, but it took forever to completely diminish a spot.

I also used this on a scar on my back which turned brown, hoping to see my scar lighten. After two and a half months of consistent usage, I'd say it only lightened it by 10%.

The dropper also makes it difficult for me to get the last bit of the product out. Had to carefully pour the contents onto my palm during the last bit, which I sometimes over-pour by accident. I'm just not a fan of dropper tools, you see.

Would I purchase it again? Definitely not. And now I'm off to scout for another HG serum/essence.