Ben Nye Matte HD Foundation

Ben Nye Matte HD Foundation
Matte HD FoundationMatte HD FoundationBen Nye HD Matte Shinsei Medium Brulee NC30Matte HD FoundationMatte HD Foundation

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia cerifera (carnauba), Talc, Ozokerite, Polymethyl methacrylate, Methyl methacrylate, Crosspolymer, Silica, Kaolin, Phenoxyenthanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May contain (+/-): Cl NO. 77489, 77491, 77492, 77499, 77891, 77289, 77288, 77007, 19140 (Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Chromium hydroxide green, Chromium oxide green, Ultramarines, Yellow 5). Parfum Free.

on 6/15/2017 3:36:00 PM

This is the first foundation in a long while that I have been quite impressed with from the first moment I put it on to the end of the day. This foundation has numerous shades and if you aren't sure you can buy samples on camera ready cosmetics (? I think this is the name of the website) and get a few shades to find your perfect one. I just apply a stripe of foundation on my forehead, each cheek, chin and nose and blend with a flat top brush. Blends wonderfully, looks very natural, only takes one layer to cover a bit of hyperpigmentation and unevenness and it looks great. I follow by going over it with a damp beauty blender for extra blending. Stays matte and natural looking all day with a bit of RCMA powder on top. Perfect for summer and slightly oily skin like mine. I love it.

on 4/28/2017 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am NC 30-35, Asian olive skin, yellow undertones, and I usually use cinema secrets palette foundation #3 (mixed with medium or primer of choice - currently I am adding a drop of curel hydra therapy (it doubles as a moisturizer and has a silicone feel) and setting with Ben nye powder.

I order from either Alcone or CameraReadyCosmetics. This time I ordered some samples and I love the ben nye HD matte foundation in almond. It's a bit more full coverage than CS and it has a cream foundation texture which I sheer out with a medium of choice (currently using just a drop of curel hydra therapy moisturizer as primer/mixing medium). When I apply primer, then powder then a bit of BN mixed, (as per the Wayne Goss reverse powder method) I don't get much creasing or caking. I do end up buffing a lot. Not baking, as I am impatient and don't want to wait for it all to absorb. When it's set, it lasts for a reaosnable length of time. But, I have combination skin, essentially dry where the foundation goes, (don't use foundation on my nose or chin) and I also don't really touch my face during the day.

Note: don't use a traditional flat foundation brush parallel to the face as they streak. My best has been a medium sized concealer brush perpendicular to the face, kind of stippling it on and then blending it out.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

These foundations come in so many well made colors and are great! Ladies if you are of ethnic skin tone run and get these! they are 12 dollars each so you can mix and blend as well to create your perfect shade with the right undertones they have deep choclate, blue blacks, browns, olives, deep goldens like my complexion!. I use the following shades in Ben Nye I use the Pecan shade and I will mix it with the Sh line in shade deep 4. The Sh line is the line with the deep golden undertones the Mojave line-the pecan shade is golden with a little bit of olive, some orange mixed in. I love them. I strongly recommend you try them I use the following shades in other brands Iman stick foundation in sand, Bobbi Brown 4.5 or 4.75 stick, and MUFE HD in 153

on 7/7/2015 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a SUPER product. My HG foundation used to be Revlon Photoready Foundation in 004 Nude. It worked for me and it still does, but I have had to relegate it to 2nd in the lineup. I found that during the day, my Revlon would wear off and I would wind up with an oil slick on my face. I could manage it with blotting papers and powder, but after a while, I resigned myself to the fact that this was going to be as good as it gets. UNTIL!!!!! a woman at my work and I were talking about makeup and she told me that she uses Ben Nye HD Matte Foundation. I decided I would try it and see if it would work. I remember using Ben Nye years ago when I did pageants and ballet, but the formulation was different. I ordered a sample size just to see what color I needed (which turned out to be BN-1) and I was pleasantly surprised. I p/p as usual and used my foundation brush to put it on and blend it out, then I used my blending sponge to get the corners and just to remove the brush strokes. Once it was all blended, I was able to build the coverage for the spots that I needed to cover better (thank you acne scars and a youthful car accident). It covered beautifully! I finished my makeup like normal. I wasn't holding out hope, but hey, it builds great and the color matched perfectly. At the least, I could use it as a quick cover for days that there isn't time. I went through my day and I had several compliments on my makeup and how good it looked. Everytime I looked in the mirror, it was matte (as advertised) and it looked freshly applied. I did have to do a minor touch up about mid afternoon, but it was nowhere near what it normally is. I blotted and came off with about 1/4 of what I normally get and I just had to lightly dust with my powder instead of trying to rebuild the foundation that had come off. I went to the gym and worked out with my trainer and I wound up sweaty and gross. My makeup still looked fantastic! I know that I have now found my new HG foundation. I love the look on me, I love how it wears, and I love how easy it is to build. The price could be a little bit cheaper, but it's Ben Nye and it's stage makeup - it's going to be a little pricier and I know that. I love the packaging. I love being able to take my brush and get as little or as much as I need. I like that it comes in a pot and I can get all the product out of it (as opposed to a pump bottle where you can't quite get all of the product out - which seems like a waste of money to me). Would I buy this again - 100% absolutely.

on 10/28/2013 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product, although I feel like I just don't have the correct skin texture / type for it. First, the packaging is plain but functional, with a screw on-and-off cap with a clear plastic window on top. (To be fair, Ben Nye's not exactly known for their flashy packaging.) The price is great for those on a budget, around $12 for a full-sized foundation.

I would describe this as a "light" creme foundation - it applies easily, doesn't take much blending and has a soft, matte finish. The coverage is medium but can be built up to high. It photographs well, which is a plus! I experimented with a few ways to apply this foundation and my favorite method is, surprisingly, my fingers or a flat-topped brush (buffing it in in circles). I tried a sponge and a foundation (flat) brush, but both left ugly streaks across my face.

This product is definitely matte-finish and is not meant for those with dry skin! It can also emphasize any flakes you have regardless of your skin type. I'm oily-skinned naturally but have been on retinoids for a few months for acne, so I dislike that this foundation seems to show all the slightly dry areas of my face. It also wasn't very flattering for my large pores, but I feel like I can minimize that with the help of a silicone primer. Still, you definitely need to hydrate well underneath this foundation!

on 5/16/2013 10:09:00 AM

I have bought plenty samples of Ben Nye HD Matte Foundation at camerareadycosmetics.com and a good percentage of them the sample containers came broken or cracked; even though the foundation can be sampled and then thrown away unless one has another container to put the rest of the sample.
The foundation itself is excellent.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WORST FOUNDATION EVER!! I consider myself pretty oily, but not VERY oily, but you would think I was the oiliest person ever if you saw me today. I thought I knew what foundation melting was, apparently not before today...it was so disgusting. My nose looked like I had put Vaseline on it, the foundation on my chin was gone except for where it clung to my blemishes only making them 10 times more obvious. And this is supposed to keep people matte?! I've had matter days wearing Nars sheer glow!! It's gross. It's horrible!! If you're even a tiny bit oily, don't even try it!! It sucks cause I love Ben Nye products, but NOT this one. If this review is not convincing enough and you STILL want to try it for yourself, my skin is between NC25 and NC30 and I got it in Shinsei Medium and the match was pretty spot on...TOO BAD IT SUCKED!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this yesterday in "NO-1 Pale Biscotte" and I do have to say I do like the match (it is typically hard for me to find a match.) I think this stuff is great. The product is a little hard - which I like - so it is easy not to get too much on at a time. I find that the only way I can apply this highly pigmented product is with a wet sponge otherwise I look like a clown. :(
Great job, Ben Nye!

on 9/13/2012 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

prI am in my forties and up until about 3 years ago I had flawless skin the out of the blue I started getting really really bad acne that always leaves scarring. I tried all kinds of foundations and all but two did not cover. I read a lot on theater make up the reviews on Ben Nye . I bought this 6 months ago and Oh My Gosh this covers so well. I tend to use it as a concealer and then use my Tarte Clay or my Estee Double Wear. I have used it strickly as a foundation as well but I'm still working on the correct shade. My skin is very oily and am currently on Retin A so I have a lot of flaking and burning but when I apply this it does not burn. I will continue to purchase this.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

Cine-Beige CE-5 = very good match (almost identical to Graftobian High Definition Creme in Vixen 30313). I also bought a sample of Warm Sand BE-5 which was close but not quite right.. a tad too orangey.

PREPARATION: As my skin is quite dry, I started with a facial oil (my own blend), mixed with fragrance-free moisturiser (Nature's Organics) and Face of Australia primer.

CONSISTENCY: creamy - not too oily & not too dry.

QUALITY: Durability is ok, but the real test will be during summer. The coverage is medium - heavy... I don't know if I did something wrong before, during or after application but it didn't seem to 'melt' into my skin the way Mehron Celebre HD Pro did. I'll try again & hope to increase my score. Finished with Ben Nye Banana Powder, as always.

RE-PURCHASE? Maybe. Depending on how the next application goes.

(samples purchased from Camera Ready Cosmetics for $4 - great! Full sized product is 0.5oz/14gm for around $11.)