Maybelline New York Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black

Maybelline New York Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black
Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest BlackEyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest BlackEyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner - Blackest Black

3.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I like it. It's nicely matte once dry. Pretty good pigment... Not quuiiite black enough for me, but nothing is! I have Wednesday Addams standards when it comes to that. But anyway, I like this eyeliner. It applies well, but it can be kind of "clumpy" in a way that is hard to describe, it's kind of "thick" on the brush. I wish it was just a little bit thinner and smoother, but I wouldn't want this to become liquidy either.

It has pretty average staying power, about 8 hours, then it can fade and/or start to crumble. If you set it with a black powder eyeshadow over the top though while it's still "wet", I think you could get it to last longer. Not really smudge proof, but I don't think most gel eyeliners are. It doesn't smear everywhere, but it's not as smudge proof as a liquid eyeliner would be.

It's probably the best gel eyeliner in the drugstore, but don't quote me, because I haven't really tried any others. It just works well enough for me to not really care about trying every single one available.

on 9/17/2017 5:34:00 PM

It's not waterproof, not smudgeproof, and the brush is so thick it's impossible to get nice, sharp wings without using a different brush. Wish I never bought this.

on 9/17/2017 12:35:00 AM

I've given this product several tries throughout the years and each time I have been extremely disappointed. I don't even end up using the darn thing halfway before I have to throw it away. It dries out super quick, it's hard to work with, and you have to layer it in order to get an opaque wing. I don't know why I keep repurchasing; I think I do because each time I think I've gotten a bad batch but it's just a sucky product. I love everything else that I've tried from the Maybelline line but this eyeliner just SUCKS! Do not recommend it. If you want a good drugstore gel liner I recommend going with L'Oréal.

Really good product. It stays all day, the color does not fade. The only thing I would change is the brush. It is not an angled brush but it is not that difficult to use.

on 8/27/2016 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have used this off and on for years, and have repurchased several times. About the only con is that it does dry out quickly, typically before I can use the entire pot, but everything else is good. It's highly pigmented, rich, dark opaque black perfect for classic winged liner, or rocker girl chic. With some practice there are all sorts of looks that can be done. I was going to a concert and did Siouxsie Sioux inspired graphic liner look. Went on smooth and precise. I primed my lids with MAC paint Pot in painterly and even after 5 hours at an outdoor concert on a hot summer day this did not budge. This is a really good bargain, it's a drugstore product and performs as well if not better than high end and pro brands.

on 7/11/2016 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeliner! I started off with liquid eyeliner, but this gel evens my makeup out with the matte dry finished I'm looking for!

on 7/10/2016 7:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Product starts smudging after 2 hours on me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is like the gel version of stila stay all dah, which is great because it does stay for many hours. I like gel version better because it is easier to use, however I do notice there was a slightly smudge when I used this on outdoor. So I think stila is still a better option, however this gel eyeliner still does a fantastic job and plus, the price is not expensive.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

WHERE HAS THIS EYELINER BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! I have seriously purchased high-end Nars, Urban Decay, Lancome and Butter London brands for $20+ and in the meanwhile this drugstore product for about $8-$10 has been in every CVS that I have walked through and haven't even noticed it.

I am so happy I came across a YouTube Makeup Tutorial where the MUA was using this product. Now that I have purchased it myself, I see why MUA's even use it! It's literally close to perfect. The creamy smooth gel stays on the eyelids and for maximum wear make sure to use a eyeshadow primer like the popular NYX eyeshadow base. It works like a charm and makes this eyeliner last for the whole day!!!

Love this so much! It's my favorite thing to use to line my eyes because pencil tugs my eyes so much, liquid eyeliner bleeds a lot, but gel liner like theses are great! So worth the price and it last a long time, not bad at all for a drugstore gel liner, it beats some of the high end ones I've tried!