Milani Illuminating Face Powder

Milani Illuminating Face Powder - Hermosa Rose

3.9

Not tested on animals

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I thought for sure I would love this.
The color is lovely, the design is gorgeous!
The color is beautiful golden bronzed beige shade. The website describes it as "Natural Tan Sheen".
I really like "Warm soul" by mac so when I swatched this I knew I would love the color.
It warms up the skin tone a bit and gives the cheeks a nice warm sun kissed flush of color. Not pink, not too bronzy, in my opinion, just perfect for everyday wear in the summer time.
I do love the color but what I dislike is the sheen. It just does not look good on my skin tone.
I have a medium to light tan skin tone with neutral undertone. (beauty consultants can never match me.. some say I am olive, some say I am warm, but none of the colors they pick ever work lol. so who knows)
The sheen in this looks horrible on me, I am not sure what is happening but it does not work at all.
I would love this if it did not have that sheen.
I think it would work best for lighter to light-medium skin tones.
I am so sad I cannot use this.

on 7/4/2016 7:56:00 PM

I agree with many others here...this does NOT work for a highlighter. At least not if you are actually trying to gleam and glow. But as a blush....GORGEOUS! I have Amber Nectar and it has become a GO-TO for sweeping across the apples of my cheeks. It's just perfect. The beautiful packaging turned me on, but the pigment, and finely milled, extremely blendable product keeps my using and buying it again and again. One star off for claiming it's an illuminator when I strongly disagree.

on 4/23/2016 7:48:00 PM

Wow, wow, wow! I bought this in my search for a cheek highlighter that a) doesnt cost an arm and a leg and b) doesnt have any noticible glitter (even when the sun is shining on your face). I've spent money on the Mary Lou Manizer after reading great reviews and was very dissapointed after it made me look like a discoball under any sort of light.

I picked this up from a Walmart in the colour Amber Nectar. It gives the most beautiful subtle luminous glow to your cheeks without any sort of chunky glitter. This is even more finely milled than high end product's. I usually wear my normal matte blush and then layer this on top, but you could totally use this alone and it gives you peachy luminous cheeks (gorgeous for the summer). I don't think this looks good all over the face though.

on 4/9/2016 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Milani puts out nicely made products that really should be given more popularity given how exorbitant high-end brands like to charge nowadays. As much as I'd love to dish out $40 for Becca, I must decline... I bought this in Beauty's Touch (a mosaic of pink, rose, and off-white) and decided to bust this baby out in the spirit of warmer weather.

On my NC25/L'Oreal Cushion 3.5 skin, Beauty's Touch gives an understated, soft-focus glow that is almost imperceptibly a cool-toned pink, almost silvery. I compared it to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Lightscapade and Lightscapade has more glittery chunks and is more buildable (but more obvious). Beauty's Touch seems to give me the natural-but-ethereal factor that I look for in more pricier illuminators.

If you'd prefer a warmer-toned version of Beauty's Touch, Milani has 2 other shades available that include peach and chestnut browns.

on 1/20/2016 3:56:00 PM

Loving this. Im a pale girl and now that its mid-winter my skin has moved to beyond the pale so Im using the lighter pinky/white one "beautys touch" as a blush. It gives a nice pink gleam without sparkle. As a blush its not very bright or noticeable even on me, very subtle. Its not meant to be used as a blush so Im not going to dock it points for lack of pigment...it is what it says it is-an illuminating powder...and its beautiful. Worthy of note-I love the way this looks when first applied but the intensity fades quickly. Wont last a full workday...if you want your make up to look as fresh all day as it did in the morning you'll probably have to reapply by noon. I have also used this over top of blush as a highlight for the cheekbones. Very very pretty and I love the rose design. I also own this in amber nectar but Im going to wait until summer to use that one...

Love this highlighter that I use as a blush. I have the AMBER NECTAR O1. I have been searching for a blush that didn't really look heavy. As I am 70, I prefer the natural look in my makeup. This just gives me a nice glow, and since I have started to use it across my forehead, it really looks nice. Stays pretty well and the cost is fantastic. .If I want a little more color, I just give a couple more swipes.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I had this highlighter in Hermosa Rose and it was so beautiful against my skin. It wasn't to obvious either it just made my skin look nice and glowy. Unfortunately some bum chick stole so I will be repurchasing. This high lighter is great. My skin tone is NW48 btw.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this! It's just pigmented for a subtle illuminating effect which I adore! It lasts long as well and blends seamlessly into my skin.

on 3/26/2015 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have two of these (Hermosa Rose and Nectar) and let's just get this straight - these are NOT highlighters. Period. Because of that I don't ever use them. I suppose I could get creative and figure out how to integrate them as blushes.

on 3/19/2015 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I've only had this for 3 days so this is kind of on a first impressions basis.
I think this product is a really great addition to any makeup collection - I don't know a TON about makeup so I don't have any basis for comparison or anything but I brush this on the apples of my cheeks and it gives a sheer, luminescent type glow.
I have this in Hermosa rose, which is the "brownest" or "bronziest" looking out of the three colour selections - for me, it is a perfect shade as I am a Medium beige tone ... I image for those that are darker or more tan, it would act more as a highlighter and less like a radiating bronze type of product.
For fairer types, some MIGHT say it is too dark depending on what you are looking for. With the right setting powder, it is quite long-lasting and like I said, the colour payoff is great!