Shu Uemura ME Silver 945 [DISCONTINUED]

Shu Uemura ME Silver 945 [DISCONTINUED]

4.8

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favorite eye shadow! I've used this everyday, I love it for night time. I even wore it for my wedding day! The texture is super smooth, pigmented and easy to build up, with very little fall out. The color is flattering on everyone I put on. I stocked up when they discontinued this shade, but it's really running low now. So sad that they discontinued this shadow, which is still a mystery to me.

on 3/23/2010 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I bought this e/s very long time ago,and I still keep it,use it very rarely and I thought I will buy one more.Well,I dont have so much time for make-up right now as I have two little babies,so didnt know it was discontinued.I was just curiouse about rating and review but I am very surprised it has soo many positive reviewes,it is truly beautiful e/s,I used it mainly for night before,never tried for daytime,but I will.
i will try replacement for this e/s but it is very pitty they dont make it anymore.Very unique brown silver shade.Yes,I would buy again if they still sell it.

A very very popular product for many ladies on MUA. I am not totally sold on the color as it can be a little too cool on my NC40 skin. The texture -- wow, the texture -- is a buttery, pigmented dream. The packaging is so blah -- plastic cases, really? I'll have to see if i can still make it work as the color itself is stunning.

on 6/24/2008 1:47:00 AM

i got this as a gift, I didn't know this color is very popular.

I got compliments when I wore this, I think it's a very stunning color. SU makes good e/s and lovely colors!

Worth every penny, thought they are quite expensive =P

on 4/13/2008 2:57:00 AM

***********CLICK 'CONTINUED' FOR PRODUCT PICS************

I can't add much to what everyone else has said but here are some pictures :) I find this shade different to all the other taupes I own (MAC Coco, Subtle, Satin Taupe, French Grey, Moth Brown, Lunasol taupey quad, NARS Kalahari+Bohemian Gold) and I disagree with a reviewer below, I find it very different to MAC Coco. Love it :)

I am NC25 (Studio Fix), C3 (MAC Face & Body), 30 (Chanel), 2 (MUFE Face & Body, winter) & OC02 (Lunasol Intellectual Powder foundation, winter)

Closed

Opened
continued >>

on 2/3/2008 5:04:00 PM

This is a cult status taupe eye-shadow. And it's not difficult to understand why. It's such a pretty taupe color. The texture is wonderful, pigmentation is great and so is the staying power. I definitely agree with many other reviewers, the replacement shade (ME 850) is not as beautiful as this one. ME Silver 945 is more metallic and has more depth to it. This can be worn with a variety of other colors. It can be worn as crease color or as an all over wash. I love this color combined with a silver e/s.

I am in love with this gorgeous eye-shadow. I hope they bring this shade back because it's all that and a bag of chips!

continued >>

on 12/22/2007 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

*Sigh* I'm late to the party reviewing this, but I must rave in hopes that Shu Uemura brings ME945 back. The texture is like butter, so smooth and pigmented. Almost looks wet on my lids. This shade's replacement, ME850, is pretty but just lacks the same depth. I'm now hoarding three of these and fear the day I run out.

What whas Shu thinking when he discontinued this gem? After months of searching I have finally found a substitute: "drama" by bare escentuals.

on 8/22/2007 5:15:00 AM

ME Silver 945 was a must have by Shu Uemura, no it has been replaced by ME Brown 850 (new formula).

This color is trully amazing, a silver taupe that's perfect for smokey eyes. It is brilliant, the texture is so great, very blendable and very well pigmented. It is the only taupe shade that don't accentuate my brown circles! HG!

on 8/5/2007 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

$18 (discontinued)

Replacement: Shu Uemura New Pressed Eyeshadow ME Brown 850 ($20)

Shu Uemura shadows in general, are simply brilliant. This particular color was exceptionally beautiful. A rich, truely metallic gunmetal with a taupe base in a formula that gave the eyes a luminous shimmer. Unfortunately, the entire line of shadows are discontinued. Since they last forever and its not a color I used everyday, it will last me awhile.

In comparison to the new ME Brown 850, which is still pretty, but lacks the punch the original color had. You can tell the difference when they're side by side, but if you've never seen the original, you won't be disappointed. Its a bit more gray toned and not as metallic.