3.8

price range

Reviews

from

3 years ago

I didn't buy from MISC, mine was from amazon. I've used many peels - salicylic, lactic, glycolic, mandelic - my face was accustomed to chemical peels but none of these helped my acne or lightened my red spots, or improved the clarity and look of my skin. So I tried jessner, it took me about 5-6 layers to frost (I lost count!) A fan is essential!! It's very tolerable with a fan, without would have sucked big time. But with a fan, i would dare say it was easier than the glycolic and some lactic peels I've done. And once I reached the third layer, the subsequent ones didn't really hurt much at all. I'm actually writing this prematurely, I'm still peeling (day.. 8?) But the skin I can now see is like a baby's! My red marks are still there, but I expected to need to do at least 2 or 3. Downtime sucks for sure, there is no hiding it. At least for my next one it will be winter and I can wrap up in a scarf. I'm very impressed, my favourite peel of all I have tried. For my next one I will do more layering on my problem areas (forehead, temples, cheeks by hairline) because these areas have not peeled as much as around my nose area. I haven't been moisturizing, just using Live Clean Baby sunscreen. Also taking zinc, and vitamin A, and *trying* to drink 1-2 cups of fresh carrot juice per day. I'll write another review after my second peel in October.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGreen

1.0

3 years ago

I got the peel done at a spa and I was so excited , I didn't peel until day 4 and lasted 8 days. Way too much downtime and she only did 2 layers on me . I did it to lighten scars (mild acne scarring) barely did anything and gave me new pimples. Not worth it AT all.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesHazel

from

5 years ago

I've tried the glycolic peel and the mandelic peel before taking the dive and trying Jessner's. I was really nervous as this stuff was pretty strong, but had done my research. Having Asian skin I was leery of using TCA, and settled for Jessner's instead. DO YOUR RESEARCH! History: sensitive, oily skin, used Accutane about ten years ago. Now have rolling acne scarring on my cheeks, a boxcar scar here and there, some dark spots left over from acne, and freckles. My main concern was the acne scarring. I use mandelic for uncloging my T zone - I used Jessner only on my cheeks where there were scars and discoloration, and a dot or two on a major scar/spot here or there with a qtip. Applying was easy though it both smelled and stung. I did not exceed the two minute limit and applied three layers, though next application I think I will layer until it frosts (it only did in a couple places; the website says you will get peeling if you frost). I globbed on ANR and Skin Food afterwards for days (especially if I didn't have to go anywhere). It took me a week to start peeling though of course this will vary. It was pretty noticable even with makeup - someone at work commented on it, but he is also in the derm field, so... Still, to me it was worth it. Now: DON'T PICK THE SCALES. They are nature's bandaid. I did a few, and the skin underneath stayed pretty pink for a while. Results are much better if you leave well enought alone. Don't be like me! If you're SUPER gentle, maybe rub with a wet washcloth. MAYBE. Results: lighter, shallower scars. Truthfully, it wasn't super dramatic, but I've been using it sporatically instead of the 4-6 week intervals. It was, however, much better more effective than the glycolic and mandelic alone. Will keep using this; the sample dram was $20 and has lasted quite awhile!

About reviewer (124 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlack

3.0

6 years ago

I like the price of this product. I used it to help with my current acne along with some redness leftover. I have some boxcar scars but didn't expect this peel to do anything with that. I have had a lot of peels done professionally, so i layered this on three times and let it sit for 10 minutes. It burnt a lot. I started peeling about 24 hours after, and was done peeling for the most part by the third day but there was some flaking left. My skin underneath was red, and irritated and it actually broke me out a bit. It cleared up some old acne a little bit but broke me out in other places, so it's kind of counterproductive. As for my red spots, there's a slight lightening in them, and any improvement is good to me. I'd probably use this again, but less layers for a lighter peel that wont irritate me as much.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

7 years ago

Okay, so this is just a review for a generic Jessner peel that I got from an aesthetician. And I am in love. For the first time in my life, my blackheads and whiteheads are gone and my pores look small! I'm on Day 6 and I'm still peeling, but it is so worth it. It was rather expensive, and it burned like my face touching the stove, but once again, worth it! If you have acne, light scarring or sun damage, this is the peel for you.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

EyesBlue

8 years ago

Given all the reviews on the glycolic, lactic, TCA and other MUAC peels I'm surprised that no one has reviewed their Jessner's Peel. I must say that I love it ! My skin is pretty tough--I can use the strongest tretinoin, retinol, etc and I use the 50% glycolic peel for 20 min, 3-4 layers no problem. I did purchase the 24% TCA from another site --i think it was Esthetician's Choice or something like that, and I diluted it down to 12% like it said to do, and it did NOTHING. I barely even got a tingle out of it and no results. So I went to MUAC and got samples of several peels. (I already had their 50% glycolic peel and had used it several times in previous years, just fyi.) I got the Fade Peel, the Jessner's Peel and the 24% TCA peel. After reading all the reviews on the TCA peels, especially the stronger ones, I am too scared to try it yet LOL. I tried the Fade Peel, and I was not impressed. It didn't do much. But the Jessner's Peel I really liked ! You are supposed to set a timer for 3 minutes and try to apply three layers with a q tip in those 3 minutes. I did manage to do the 3 layers and it DID burn and I even got a couple of patches of frosting, which scared me a little lol, and toward the end it kind of gets this weird plasticy smell and believe me at the 3 minute mark you are ready to splash with cool/cold water !! After doing that the burning went away and my face was back to normal in a few minutes. It was definitely a little red but it looked really smooth and exfoliated ! Over the next few days I got some flaking and lots of skin rolling off when I washed my face and a couple of small little "sheets" of peeling like on my nose to mouth lines--but I never had any "down time" where I couldn't wear makeup and go to work or was afraid to go out of the house. You could really only tell I was dry and flakey if you got close up. I have done this peel about 3 more times since--now I leave it on for 4 minutes and do 3 layers--4 on problem areas like my cheeks where I have some scarring--and I have been really pleased with the results. They are not drastic results but my skin is much smoother and clearer and my acne scars have diminished and my pores are tighter.. If I have a week off sometime (yeah right) I may do the TCA peel but like the MUAC site says--if you are happy with your current peel results, there is no need to change--but for now I"m going to keep doing the Jessner's. You can only do it once a month. It's stronger than the glycolic, which is what I wanted, and I'm sure for others whose skin is not as "conditioned" as mine --you would probably have more drastic results. I highly recommend it . I hope to see some other reviews on it soon !!! Great peel !

About reviewer (62 reviews)

Age44-55